The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

hmm,recently 21 new condition Hermes ties,most recently 5 brand new Brioni suits,but the best ever (and i dont blame you if you wont believe me) was a year ago.
    a high end store here (harry rosen) donated a truck load of new with tags items most just had some missing buttons and thats it.
    here is a list that i remember,all were NWT
    12 Canali suits
    3 canali Tuxes
    4 Brioni suits
    6 pairs of Cucinelli pants
    12 pairs of Incotex pants
    6 Tom Ford shirts
    3 Etro suits
    4 Zegna suits (15 Mil)
    2 Loro Piana cashmere sport coats
    about 30 ties (Etro,Brionis etc)
    i literally had 4 carts full and needed to make two trips because my trunk/back seat were full.
    it cost me $1900 but it was half day so it cost me $950,i donated the extra $50 to even it out becase i knew i was about to have a very good couple of weeks.
    i flipped it for $18000 in 14 days,$5K here $3K on ebay and the rest on craiglist and kijiji.
    guys,dont forget CL and Kijiji for sales,they are awesome,no shipping and no fees and that stuff sells quick.i saved on about $3000 ib fees by staying away from ebay (i just sold the stuff i had left over).
    but the closest to my heart was a Johannes Andersen teak "smile" cofee table that i got for $20 and sold for $2000,yes a cofee table for 2 grand.those things are the grail of Danish furniture. (google it) although i must admit i regret selling it.

and never the photos to prove this or 99% of your other claims.
    Without photos, it didn't happen.

2. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

and never the photos to prove this or 99% of your other claims.
    Without photos, it didn't happen.

lol you always will be a jealous prick.i would tell you go go back about sixteen months in my threads but the imageshck pics are down.i think I actually have a pic somewhere of the whole rack I had will be worth it to look for it just to have you boil with envy.
    You really are a moron or blind,I have posted numerous pics here.
    Just because you can't find jack shit doesn't mean its not possible,you are a amateur Ian a pro.literally,I do this for a living.

3. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

PS I had sex with my hot girlfriend two nights ago,no pics of that either so I guess it didn't happen.

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

PS I had sex with my hot girlfriend two nights ago,no pics of that either so I guess it didn't happen.

I was there; I can vouch for him.

5. MyOtherLife

lol you always will be a jealous prick.i would tell you go go back about sixteen months in my threads but the imageshck pics are down.i think I actually have a pic somewhere of the whole rack I had will be worth it to look for it just to have you boil with envy.
    1) Only chronic bull$hitter$ are so easily angered and you Frenchy get so angry when challenged. 2) Toronto barely has a market for the things you supposedly find on a daily basis. Odd. 3) With dozens of thrift stores in Toronto, and only one person seemingly able to 'find' it all, what are the odds of that happening? It didn't, and therefore nothing to be jealous of. 4) I don't shop at thrift stores and thanks to people like you, I no longer donate to them either. 6) If you had to prove each of these stories with photos of the items and receipts, I would gladly wager that your 'finds' will diminish rather quickly.
    If she walks on less than 4 legs or isn't a blood relation, I will be very suprised. [​IMG]
    I was there; I can vouch for him.
    Such a quick response to aid Frenchy...hmm...suspicious. Is Frenchy using 2 computers? I thought having 2 or more identities was against SF rules? Would someone please check on this?

6. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

1) Only chronic bull$hitter$ are so easily angered and you Frenchy get so angry when challenged.
    2) Toronto barely has a market for the things you supposedly find on a daily basis. Odd.
    3) With dozens of thrift stores in Toronto, and only one person seemingly able to 'find' it all,
    what are the odds of that happening? It didn't, and therefore nothing to be jealous of.
    4) I don't shop at thrift stores and thanks to people like you, I no longer donate to them either.
    6) If you had to prove each of these stories with photos of the items and receipts,
    I would gladly wager that your 'finds' will diminish rather quickly.
    K

If she walks on less than 4 legs or isn't a blood relation, I will be very suprised. [​IMG]

Such a quick response to aid Frenchy...hmm...suspicious.
    Is Frenchy using 2 computers? I thought having 2 or more identities was against SF rules?
    Would someone please check on this?

lol,you are a pathetic creature,I will now take apart your points.
    1.if any body else had doubted me I wouldn't mind but u have a history of thread shitting in my for sale thread,which you got a two week timeout already and secondly you are just a jealous cunt.
    2.Toronto is the financial hub of Canada with a pop of around five million,you think there no millionaires in the city?
    3.i can only speak for myself
    4.Fantastic,one less prick and lots of low end suits to avoid.
    5.Oh yeah,you didn't have A five not only are blind and a cunt but you can't count either.
    6.The only person who sees my receipts is my accountant who does my taxes and tallies my numerous assetss.

I tell you what,let mod check if its two different users you leave and never post here again.and if it is me,I will never post again
    Oh and you must be thinking of your mother

7. MyOtherLife

lol,you are a pathetic creature,I will now take apart your points. 1.if any body else had doubted me I wouldn't mind but u have a history of thread shitting in my for sale thread,which you got a two week timeout already and secondly you are just a jealous cunt. 2.Toronto is the financial hub of Canada with a pop of around five million,you think there no millionaires in the city? 3.i can only speak for myself 4.Fantastic,one less prick and send of low end suits to avoid. 5.Oh yeah,you didn't have A five not only are blind and a cunt but you can't count either. 6.The only person who sees my receipts is my accountant who does my taxes and tallies my numerou assets. I tell you what,let mod check if its two different users you leave and never post here again.and if it is me,I will never post again Oh and you must be thinking of your mother
    As I stated, you get very very angry when anyone challenges your outrageous stories. Toronto including it's surrounding area has barely 3 million and not 5 as you claim. See? There you go again. You have a history of bothering others, using profane language and agitating. You have been placed in Time Out for repeated incidences of this. You can dish out bullshit, but you can't take criticism for it. You contribute nothing to MC. You still cannot produce any photos and put my challenge to rest. Seriously, you need to control your anger, bad language and poisonous attitude. Please prove me wrong and post the photos. I'll be happy to congratulate you if you can.

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

so.... anyone want to talk about what they found thrifting and then post pics so I can get jealous and depressed?

TIA

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

!!!

I found a huge, buttonless, 100% cashmere Agnona coat. It's like Loro Piana, except nobody's ever heard of it. [​IMG]

10. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

Greater Toronto area has 5.6 Million people and that's from a census from 2006 so its closer to six million.even you can't be this stupid.google it or wiki yet,or better yet ask masterclasster he lives here too

11. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

I got in on the Zegna tie thrift trend yesterday. Had to pass on a Hermes with a pattern I actually liked, b-c stains on front. Tempted to try to clean, but no. Also got BB Makers tie and this Trozzi. Never heard of that, but I like the look and feel. Unfortunately can't try out the knot because I snapped my collarbone playing soccer yesterday.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior member

Greater Toronto area has 5.6 Million people and that's from a census from 2006 so its closer to six million.even you can't be this stupid.google it or wiki yet,or better yet ask masterclasster he lives here too

I have been to numerous shops in areas with greater population and never seen the types of things you find on a regular basis. I'm not going to say you are lying but you have to understand that it is unbelievably unusual to find the amount of stuff you find that is so great and high end.

13. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Senior member Dubiously Honored

Remember that Frenchy does this for a living, so he's going to ten times more stores than most of us are. He's out there every day.

I know folks in the antiques biz who do this, and I am not surprised with Frenchy's finds.

14. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

[​IMG] I love drama/fighting! I dont have tv (choose not to) so this is awesome

HAHA [​IMG]

15. mainy

mainy Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.