The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Yeah. If it would have fit me I wouldn't have cared, but it was a bit on the small end and the Ecko button was just the nail in the coffin. Sure it can be replaced but still. Obviously the size tag was gone too, but it was about a 15.5 or 16.

2. mistermidwester

mistermidwester Senior member

The shirt was in a discount store which is how I knew it was NWOT (everything in there has shop-wear at most. Some items still have tags, some don't).

Here are some shots of the Billy Reid. Got it from the same store that the above mentioned Borrelli was at. The inside lining is actually a button-in canvass work apron! Leather straps, metal hardware, etc. This thing is amazing! Almost makes me want fall to roll around so I can wear it!

[​IMG]

This jacket is ridiculously awesome. NWT is just the icing on the cake. Heck, it's still cold up there in MN, right? Can't you get in at least one more wearing?

Might need something that thick to keep the mosquitoes at bay in the near future anyway... [​IMG]

3. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Thanks! I love it! Yeah, unfortunately we're still in the low 50's and rainy so I'm actually planning to wear this tomorrow! As for mosquitoes, they are the Minnesota State Bird! [​IMG]

4. Crows

Crows Member

I found a Kuhlman suit today, And a pair of Gianni Versace Men's shoes [​IMG] GOOD DAY

Suit Size 42
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shoes Size 10 1/2 M
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. jobro

jobro Senior member

Those are some ugly-ass Versace!

6. TheODGuy

TheODGuy Senior member

Pleaseeeeeee. NO SQUARED TOED SHOES! They are out of style! Even if they are Versace...

7. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

that Kuhlman suit is..."Kuhl"

8. Crows

Crows Member

well for a price tag of $4.99 I couldn't complain. Wish I would have been able to shell out $200 for the Isaia shoes I saw today.

9. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Crows, wrong attitude. Who cares what they cost if they are dated, unattractive and out of style? Come on.

10. TheODGuy

TheODGuy Senior member

I'd have to agree with Mr. Moo. I had the same attitude you had when I first started thrifting. I had the "oh, its only $X.XX, no biggie." Guess what? I had a huge load of shit clothes that I had to donate back and wasted a few hundred dollars on nothing. One thing I've learned from all the pros on this thread, definitely be picky and choosy and have an AMAZING tailor!!! Hope that guides you..... or not. [​IMG]

11. Crows

Crows Member

Yes being picky about garments is smart. Although since I started selling thrift I have noticed that most brands I pick regaurdless of date for instance, Hickey Freeman 99-2003 or 2004-Present it seems that they always sell due to the brand. I don't understand it though. I recently picked 2 robert graham's and have realized that no matter how bizarre the design or pattern is, they sell. I am a novice in the trade so I really don't know all of the good brands, but so far knowing the just of it and some guidance of a friend has got me progress. [​IMG]

12. TheODGuy

TheODGuy Senior member

Crows, all you need is the the previous 925 pages of this thread. Great info and even I am still learning about things!

13. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

Crows, all you need is the the previous 925 pages of this thread. Great info and even I am still learning about things!

Where in TX you located?

14. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Anyone heard of gian Luca? I didn't see the isaia part do I didn't know if it was good or not 46r, black (herringbone?), unvented sc. Let me know if you want s proxy. Looks sort of dated

Also, 2 Alexander Julian suits. Didn't get bc I read about that designer
    here but they were both unvented. I think 42r. Lemme know if anyone wants.

Cheers

15. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Gianluca is the diffusion line of Isaia, back when there were three lines of differing quality. Top was Enrico Isaia, middle was Gianluca Isaia (now Isaia Napoli) and Gianluca was at the bottom. Never seen it in person, but I'd imagine it to probably be on par with Z-Zegna. That coupled with it being black and unvented, you made a smart move to pass on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.