The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Had my first success today, a very nice Canali SC. Unfortunately it's too big for me. Oh well. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Temujin

Temujin Senior member

Black-John White London Sz 10
    Brown Pebble-Hanover sz 8 D
    Pre-polishing of course
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

Had my first success today, a very nice Canali SC. Unfortunately it's too big for me. Oh well.

What size is it?

4. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

I just witnessed a miracle.

My coworker let me leave work an hour early, so I decided to swing by that same store quickly before I went home, and....

The jacket was there! I just bought it for 4 bucks! I'm officially converted to christianity. [​IMG]

God I'm so happy. I also saw a tan suede jacket that fit me realy well, but it was a bit short and I'm not sure if i would ever wear it so i left it. I'm gonna sleep on it and go back tomorrow if i decide I want it.

Also saw a grey with pinstripes aquascutum suit in a 36L about, ill post some pics and see if anyone wants me to get it for them. It was 7.99.

is it just me or is that jacket nothing to write home about?
    youre acting like its a cashmere Kiton,speaking of writing home about it:
    today 2 brand new Brioni suits and a brand new Canali all 2 buttons[​IMG] [​IMG]
    (sorry guys)

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Found three suits, two sportcoats (one navy with metal buttons) and one pair of flannel odd trousers - all custom made. Very recent, most are from 2006. One of the trousers has "Oxxford Clothes" buttons on the waist for the braces - I think these may be made by Oxxford. All are about a 48 R. Mint condition. Will be up on B/S shortly.

48R American or European?

6. gdwy89

gdwy89 Well-Known Member

is it just me or is that jacket nothing to write home about? youre acting like its a cashmere Kiton,speaking of writing home about it: today 2 brand new Brioni suits and a brand new Canali all 2 buttons[​IMG] [​IMG] (sorry guys)
    Let it be, let it be. Not all of us are as lucky as you. Case in point.

7. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

Let it be, let it be. Not all of us are as lucky as you. Case in point.

i realize that,just being constructive...or else he will buy everything that fits him but is total crap.

8. JGLB

JGLB Member

One Coach knit tie and a truly awesome 100% polyester Fokker Aviation emblematic with F28s and F27s. I can’t foresee ever wearing it, but still an absolute must have. [​IMG]
    I was bored, and have the Coach product DB in front of me so I decided to see if I could find that tie. Zero results, either that Coach tie is; 1. Fake 2. Pre-1975 3. Completely missing from the product DB. Now it's entirely possible it could be option 3, the 75-02 records aren't 100% complete, especially for licensed items (especially if it's a pre-outsourcing licensed item).

9. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Did i fuck up by losing this? I felt it was a bit too old man-ish so I left it, then changed my mind and when I got back it was gone... Fuck!
    It was a light brown herringbone. [​IMG]

Hmmm...I suppose the lapels are not as dated as I first thought, based on my 80's vintage S. V. herringbone SC.

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No, they're dated. [​IMG]

Yep, dated. Sorry man.

12. srivats

srivats Senior member

Did i fuck up by losing this? I felt it was a bit too old man-ish so I left it, then changed my mind and when I got back it was gone... Fuck!

[​IMG]

It was a light brown herringbone. [​IMG]

Ah, too bad ... that jacket fits you really well.

13. Navi

Navi Senior member

Yep, dated. Sorry man.
    ORGETORIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Nah just kidding. I'll probably wear it sparingly in the fall/winter. I still think it looks decent, despite the lapels. I just need to figure out how to match an outfit with it. Would a brown wool herringbone tie be too much? I think this is one of the most welling fitting jackets in the shoulders I've ever worn. With a sleeve hem and a bit of waist suppression plus new buttons all around to ward off the grandpa look, I'm down. I'm quite young though, I might need to dye my hair grey to pull it off. [​IMG] edit: Wait, Spoo and Moo (lol), you guys were talking about my jacket right? Digmenow's lapels are SUPER dated, mine pale in comparison. [​IMG] At least the lapel notch isn't low.

14. SpooPoker

ORGETORIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nah just kidding. I'll probably wear it sparingly in the fall/winter. I still think it looks decent, despite the lapels. I just need to figure out how to match an outfit with it. Would a brown wool herringbone tie be too much?

No, not yours, that looks good - Moo and I were talking to Dig.

15. Navi

Navi Senior member

^^ Oh, sweet! [​IMG]
    is it just me or is that jacket nothing to write home about? youre acting like its a cashmere Kiton,speaking of writing home about it: today 2 brand new Brioni suits and a brand new Canali all 2 buttons[​IMG] [​IMG] (sorry guys)
    Man, I find MAYBE one jacket/shirt a month that fits me. I like the jacket and think it will look pretty good with some work, sorry you don't but I wasn't buying it for you. Also I wasn't "writing home" about it, I was just shocked that it was there when I went back for kicks. I thought someone bought it. If I wasn't such a small guy it wouldn't be anything to mention, but I'm tiny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.