The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VABeethoven

VABeethoven Member

Oh yeah--I was so busy bragging about the massive Kiton score, I forgot about the one that did fit.

[​IMG]

Nice fit, Short sleeve, lightweight--perfect for my trip.

Yeah, it's been a good day. [​IMG]

2. seanmj

seanmj Well-Known Member

3. Navi

Navi Senior member

^^Those are all pretty good designs. Lately the stores around here have been lazy as fuck with the ties... They'll put new ones out like, once a month. I should probably ask if they have any that haven't been brought out next time I go.

4. VABeethoven

VABeethoven Member

I'll second that "nice choices", seanmj. I actually looked closely for ties today. Had a massive collection before the fire--now I don't think I've got a really nice one that I like in the house. A few vintage Armani (which I always liked) and Zegna Zegna everywhere. I like simpler Hermes and Ferragamo--you know, not covered in elephants, zebras, and whatnot. [​IMG]

5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

Of interest this week...

First, to appease the whiners:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I see London, I see France: a very shiny SS linen shirt, size L, from Aquascutum (a scientific term for 'sweat beneath a Scotsman's balls'), and a large, LS shirt from Victoire Homme. Anyone know this brand? They make really cool buttonholes, apparently. Someone tell me how to rock these under a sweater or blazer or something. Otherwise, up for trade...

[​IMG]

Wearable? I can't decide...

[​IMG]

Real? I can't decide...

[​IMG]

An amusing Gitman Bros. Rayon plus...wool?

[​IMG]

My first Golden Fleece. 16 - 34 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, SNAP! Snakeskin braces.

[​IMG]

6. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

Ah, so you meant just 5-10 clothing sales a month.

I'm impressed you can make that much just doing big things, I had always figured the people who do that for a living had to just do tons of low margin stuff to make it work.

well yeah but those 5-10 items avearge in the $300-$500 range each so do the math.
    you can make a very good living if you know what you are doing/are diligent/and have some luck

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Of interest this week...

Awesome Hermes ties! Selling?

The Versace is fake.

8. Navi

Navi Senior member

Awesome Hermes ties! Selling?

The Versace is fake.

Too late, I already called the blue one in PM. He *might* not have received it, but I sent it so it still counts. [​IMG]

9. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángele
    OK guys, bear with me. I've been thrifting for a long time and this is one for the ages for me.

Uh, yeah. We'll bear with you. "One for the ages" indeed! Epic haul! Exceptional work.

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

One Brioni: Three Luciano Barbera: And a fourth: Six, count 'em--SIX Kiton: [​IMG] And two suits: One 100% Cashmere Kiton: [​IMG] [​IMG] and one BLANC BLU Super 180s Kiton: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelivable...... That's it, I'm moving to Texas! [​IMG]

11. Navi

Navi Senior member

Any california thrifters in here? I'd imagine thrifting around LA would be pretty damn good. Norcal too, plenty of rich people. Though they probably don't donate their old stuff just burn it in a big bonfire or some shit.

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Awesome Hermes ties! Selling? The Versace is fake.
    The legendary Spoo! Sorry, folks -- blue and orange are my favorite colors. (Navi, your message didn't go through...) @VABeethoven: that *is* head-exploding. The only thing more impressive would be finding an old cheesy 70's shirt in the fraternity-drenched Austin. I searched for four years (okay, five), never found a single one. [​IMG]

13. Navi

Navi Senior member

The legendary Spoo! Sorry, folks -- blue and orange are my favorite colors. (Navi, your message didn't go through...)

@VABeethoven: that *is* head-exploding. The only thing more impressive would be finding an old cheesy 70's shirt in the fraternity-drenched Austin. I searched for four (okay, five) years and never found one. [​IMG]

Heh, I was kidding anyways. Just trying to snatch it right out of Spoo's greedy little hands. [​IMG]

They're real nice ties though, enjoy em!

14. seanmj

seanmj Well-Known Member

15. landshark

landshark Senior member

One more recent tie find:

[​IMG]

Not sure what I'll ever do with this oddity. I just like imagining the guy who once upon a time went into a retail store, saw this on display with a probably-hefty price tag, and thought to himself, "Yep, that one will look fantastic on me. I'll take it!"

Then again, I went into a thrift store, saw it, and said, "Yep, I'll take it!" (Though I paid $2.00.) I guess that says something about me too.

I would buy it too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.