The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rose04

rose04 Well-Known Member

Just keep trying....there are only 1000 combos. I found a 3-digit luggage lock in the gutter at the airport once....had it open before the cab ride was over (on literally the *last* combo I tried...I started at 001 and the combo was 000)
    Or to make it a little easier, you might try looking for the numbers on the lock that look the most worn down. I was able to open a similar Nordstrom case in under a minute that way. Good luck!

2. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor

3. Kitontini

Kitontini Senior member

Went out to a couple different stores today. Walked away with a Zilli Tie. I haven't found anything in a few weeks! Talk about a Dry Spell...... [​IMG]

4. davesmith

could anyone identify this jacket?? what brooks brothers label is this?? couldn't find it on the website it will be making an appearance in B&S any day now fits like it was made for a fat guy with short arms!!! [​IMG] any interest beforehand ship me a PM [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. amadar

amadar Senior member

I don't know what it is but I keep finding vintage items made out of sea turtle. Its like I attract the little endangered guys......[​IMG] (see link in my sig for my other sea turtle encounter)

Mint.....and by mint I mean never used/tag card still inside sea turtle wallet made by Amity, I'm guessing 50's or 60's by the look of the card and the fact that the manufacture of sea turtle products was banned beginning in the 70's. Anybody ever heard of Amity? Anyways, not really sure what to do with this, I don't carry a wallet, and not sure that it would be right to put this thing into circulation anyways, but obviously couldn't pass it up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

I don't know what it is but I keep finding vintage items made out of sea turtle. Its like I attract the little endangered guys......[​IMG] (see link in my sig for my other sea turtle encounter)

Mint.....and by mint I mean never used/tag card still inside sea turtle wallet made by Amity, I'm guessing 50's or 60's by the look of the card and the fact that the manufacture of sea turtle products was banned beginning in the 70's. Anybody ever heard of Amity? Anyways, not really sure what to do with this, I don't carry a wallet, and not sure that it would be right to put this thing into circulation anyways, but obviously couldn't pass it up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

im kinda intrigued by this and i need a new wallet,PM sent

7. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Can someone please send me the post by the person who dyes his own shoes? I want to dye a pair to a simple black. All of the cobblers in LA have quoted me 45-65. The $ is not the issue. The issue is most of them say the dye doesnt last that long and etc etc. So, I'm thinking of possibly doing it myself. POSSIBLY

Cheers

8. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

9. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Thank you, Thrifty Gent.

Cheers

10. davesmith

interesting day, i found some geoffery beene, keeneth cole and brooks brothers ties for $40 a piece, almost fell over!! i thought this is meant to be a thrit shop

then i came across, some nice stephano ricci for saks ties, super soft silk, length 61" width 3.5"

any interest PM me with an offer, i'll ship them to you for a nice cheap price

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. mistermidwester

mistermidwester Senior member

Went to a usual haunt and found a really lovely Sulka tie and a NWT Ferragammo (with the Saks tag still on it). Was taking them up to purchase and realized the Sulka had a water spot that I didn't want to deal with, so I put it back.

Got to the register and realized that the Ferragammo had the polybarb stapled right through the front of the tie, visibly popping several silk threads and basically ruining it. I pointed this out to the cashier and she could have given a flip. [​IMG]

12. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

On the way home from church -- 3 Paul Stuart shirts and a Zegna tie = $20.
    Later, went out and drove about 30 miles....2 Burberry shirts=$25.
    Should've stayed home.

13. davesmith

Should've stayed home.

[​IMG]

14. matstyleku

matstyleku Senior member

Should've stayed home.

Should've stopped at a church prior to the second outing.

Gas is making me rethink some of my thrifting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.