The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

^Gitman has a long relationship with Burberry just as Hickey Freeman made Burberry suits.

2. RebelWithACause

RebelWithACause Senior member

A few shirts I picked up over the weeks. Most of these were placed in the buy and sell forum, but are still available, drop me a pm if your interested. I am starting to only pick up stuff that fits me, I left 4 canali shirts in 15.5, 2 T&A in 15.5, all in wonderful condition, because its becoming very difficult to move them. I rem reading a post here when someone stated they were leaving canali on the rack, I thought that was crazy.

T&A and CT are great shirts, very durable, wash well, however; if you like your shirts slim, you should avoid them unless its labeled as slim. The hamiltons are cut very, very slim, but they also seem to be made very well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

I am starting to only pick up stuff that fits me, I left 4 canali shirts in 15.5, 2 T&A in 15.5, all in wonderful condition, because its becoming very difficult to move them. I rem reading a post here when someone stated they were leaving canali on the rack, I thought that was crazy.

Yeah, I am surprised to hear that as well, but I bought a Canali shirt, practically brand new and threw it up on B&S. One random Canadian PM'd, but no other interest, not even lowballs, at a $40 shipped price point. It is hardly worth it to take pictures, write a description, etc. at a price lower than that.

4. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I left 4 canali shirts in 15.5, 2 T&A in 15.5, all in wonderful condition, because its becoming very difficult to move them.

I've had a lot of trouble moving Canali - people must think they're possessed or something. On the other hand, I've had no trouble at all selling T&A stuff.

5. JKMWCL

JKMWCL Senior member

Picked up two newer Ferragamo ties today and a gorgeous Hickey Freeman SC that is a little small for me so I'll probably put it up on B&S. I would guess that the SC is 41R or there about...

6. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángele
    Camel hair polo coat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ties by Huntsman, Brioni, Turbull & Asser.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shirts by Hilditch & Key, Eton and Canali.

[​IMG]

And a linen jacket that had the label removed. Found it in the pocket, but has anyone ever heard of the brand "Eidos"? Made in Italy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

I've had a lot of trouble moving Canali - people must think they're possessed or something. On the other hand, I've had no trouble at all selling T&A stuff.
    Do you think this is due to actual quality or perceived quality, and just a 'shirts' issue or overall? I have a Canali overcoat that's awesome, but I'd sure hate to try to sell it. Interestingly, I like the Canali sport shirts better than their dress shirts - somewhat the same for Brioni, actually. The couple of T&A shirts I have are workhorses that I love. Honestly, I kind of think Canali is in an odd position - sure, their suits are nice, but for other stuff if you're paying for Canali, people figure you might as well just hold out for Brioni or other brands that may or may not ACTUALLY be better, to say nothing of the folks who hold out for stuff with handworking/otherwise superlative qualities. Or is there some sort of actual quality reasoning going on? On topic: BB 3/2 sack blazer. Been a bit since I found one. [​IMG] Xenos: that looks like an Isaia label doesn't it? I've only ever seen one ($700 at Filene's) but the HOF thread seems to confirm.

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Senior member

^Gitman has a long relationship with Burberry just as Hickey Freeman made Burberry suits.
    +1 I'm not sure who's making the USA made(not Prorsum)suits for them now.

9. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

Double and triple everything that everyone has said so far about the Sulka. This is one beautiful jacket, and it should sell for a ton.

Awesome photos too. Spot-on lighting that really shows off the texture and color.

Thanks for the help!

I just put it out on the BS section if anyone is interested!

The link:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=234469

-

10. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Can someone please please help me determine what brand shoe this is?

Thank you. Also, if it's a Church or a Trickers or etc, would I be able to sell it on ebay if the name doesnt show up on the bottom of the shoe?

[​IMG]

Cheers

11. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

I believe that label is Church's

12. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángele
    Think those are Church's. What model is that?

13. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I honestly dont know! Haha. I saw it at a store but didn't purchase b/c of the no name.

Church's? Guess I might have to go back and get them

Thanks again

Cheers

14. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Do you think this is due to actual quality or perceived quality, and just a 'shirts' issue or overall? I have a Canali overcoat that's awesome, but I'd sure hate to try to sell it. Interestingly, I like the Canali sport shirts better than their dress shirts - somewhat the same for Brioni, actually. Xenos: that looks like an Isaia label doesn't it? I've only ever seen one ($700 at Filene's) but the HOF thread seems to confirm.
    I have no idea. I've had trouble selling anything by Canali, whether they be sportcoats, suis, shirts, ties, etc. I'm not talking dated stuff either. This was recent stuff - within 3-4 years old at the most.
    And a linen jacket that had the label removed. Found it in the pocket, but has anyone ever heard of the brand "Eidos"? Made in Italy. [​IMG]
    Never heard of it, but it must be pretty nice. It is indeed made by Isaia. As for me, my dry-streak continues. 2 deadstock pairs of Levis 646 bellbottoms w/ the tags. Probably from the early 70s. Also, one lone RLPL polo. XL - too big for me. Light blue with a windowpane pattern. Not even really worth bragging about....

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

Niiiice. When I close my eyes and imagine the perfect jacket, this is what I see. Great find! I hope you're going to wear it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In other news, it's super-trad tymez...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.