The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruben

ruben Senior member

^
    WHOA

please say that's coming to the the exchange soon.

2. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Niiice 3-piece! I have a Southwick 3-piece 3/2 sack suit I need to post but I'm continually putting it off. Never seen a Brooks tweed 3-piece like that.

Also interested to hear you had good results with an LB item. I think I'd probably pick up LB if I saw it - I know there's Kiton and Brioni women's stuff out there too, seen a few of those on the bay, but there doesn't seem to be quite the same kind of market and I won't be browsing the women's anytime soon! Well, at least more than I already am! [​IMG]

3. Kitontini

Kitontini Senior member

Had a Great Haul today!
    -Found 2 Chester Barrie Suits! 1 is a 3-piece suit! Both look like they've never been worn.
    -Found a White DB Shawl Lapel Canali Dinner Jacket! This is stunning!
    -2 100% Cashmere E. Zegna "soft" Sportcoats.
    -Found a VERY Light (Partically see through) Turnbull & Asser Tuxedo Shirt.
    -Incotex Pants.
    -NWT Luciano Barbera Cotton Pants. The Tag reads $395.
    -NWT E. Zegna "soft" Pants.
    -Gianluca Isaia Dress Shirt.

Look for Some of this Stuff in B&S forum in the Next Few Days!

4. catside

catside Senior member

^Super haul

5. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Good god kitonitini, I'm glad you aren't anywhere near LA.

Grabbed a pair of amazing Bruno Magli Remiglio's, 10 1/2 today. Extraordinary condition, they are a little loose though so Im deciding on whether to keep them or put them up for sale/ trade, will let you all know soon.

Also grabbed a RL purple label navy blue zip up sweater, found it buried amongst a bunch of sweaters. Pretty sure I'll have this up for sale / trade as its an XL and won't fit me, but I couldn't just leave it there, neglected. IF roommates don't want, will post. Even met a guy in the store who does this often as well (he honestly could've been an SF member, wouldn't be surprised) who was super excited for me when he saw me in line. Probably helped that I pointed out a stain in a Zegna coat we both decided to pass on.

Finally, and these are what I'm most excited about, I found a pair of shoes known as Nettleton's which are absolutely gorgeous. They were a little slim in the store but I had white socks on, so i'm praying they fit me (9E), but I've gotta get more info about these shoes so if anyone up here knows please enlighten me, a quick search at the store (along with their amazing aesthetics) convinced me that they were worth grabbing. Once my roommate wakens with his Iphone 4 I'll take a picture of them as I believe they are even shell cordovan.

A pretty good weekend, I'll update later with pictures and any other finds. Passed on a pair of AE 12D's in pretty great condition, I believe the regular Toe cap ones, if anyone's interested in them I can grab them later on or tomorrow.

6. Temujin

Temujin Senior member

Before and after pix of the Tweed/Cheaney/Church's shoes I posted a few pages back. The one shoe had some significant dark stains on the toes that would not come out and were there even when I stripped them, thus the black dye.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. catside

catside Senior member

Finally, and these are what I'm most excited about, I found a pair of shoes known as Nettleton's which are absolutely gorgeous. They were a little slim in the store but I had white socks on, so i'm praying they fit me (9E), but I've gotta get more info about these shoes so if anyone up here knows please enlighten me, a quick search at the store (along with their amazing aesthetics) convinced me that they were worth grabbing. Once my roommate wakens with his Iphone 4 I'll take a picture of them as I believe they are even shell cordovan.

Nettletons are like Alden. They may be shell. When you post pics, post the pic of inside numbers, too.

8. catside

catside Senior member

Before and after pix of the Tweed/Cheaney/Church's shoes I posted a few pages back. The one shoe had some significant dark stains on the toes that would not come out and were there even when I stripped them, thus the black dye.

Can't say I liked the color combo. Shoes are super. Maybe all black better?

9. Temujin

Temujin Senior member

Can't say I liked the color combo. Shoes are super. Maybe all black better?

Yeah, these are a bit out there, but they are different. And they are growing on me...And no one else has a pair quite like this...And I have a pair of black cap toes already...

10. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Some pics of some of the scores this weekend. Can anyone tell me if the zipper on RLPL sweaters are like this or if this one is weird? I can't really tell as it zips fine. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Zegna Shirt [​IMG]

11. catside

catside Senior member

^No not shell. But very nice.

12. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

13. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

nabbed an Oxxford shirt that happens to be a Kiton made version for $13.50.
    Its SWEEEET.
    its a blue and white candy stripe, with a super spread collar.
    The usual odd off white shell buttons and nearly everyseam is hand stitched, just like my regular Kiton shirts.

14. petepeteo

petepeteo Member

I was able to pick up 6 Paul Stuart french cuff shirts for $1.06 each? Any feedback on quality on Paul Stuart shirts?

15. youngnstupid

youngnstupid Member

Hi guys! Ive just started thrift shopping and this is what i got today. Two Zegna ties. im just wondering if i could actually wear the ties since the pattern is a little different. And if so any suggestions what i should wear it with or any images of people wearing them? thanks! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.