• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scrolling through my eBay listings, "How the **** does this tie have 500+ views?" It was featured in the PTO Friday round up and I didn't even notice.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From my Saks Blazer. Wtf, did he want them to be silver or is he protecting the buttons.

Buttons say Waterbury Co USA, any info?

aglose

Reaction score

From my Saks Blazer. Wtf, did he want them to be silver or is he protecting the buttons.

Buttons say Waterbury Co USA, any info?

Could be fresh from the cleaners. My cleaners does the same thing to my buttons. Also, those are the same buttons I have on my BB mainline navy SC.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First stop of the day, had eight Edgar Pomeroy suits in my cart, completely handmade / bespoke, working cuffs, ticket pockets, hand-sewn buttonholes...put them back one by one due to bits of damage. Rest of the day sucked as well save for a snakeskin belt.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@capnwes ,

Ferragamo gats? Interesting.

What's the size on the leather?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So this happened
:drool:
Maybe he was trying to keep them from being controlled by aliens.
Today was a rather irritating day. Rolling through the suits at one of my regular stops I come across a crazy recent Zegna suit coat. Their current label. This is the first of that label that I've found. $8.99 too, which means the pants were base price as well. I go crazy throughout the store tearing through the men's, women's, kids and sweatpants racks looking for the pants. No sign of them anywhere. I ask one store worker if she could peek in the back and see if the pants were on a rack back there waiting to come out. She comes back and tells me "The pricer said this came out on Saturday and did have the pants with them. This weekend was crazy so if they're not with the jacket, I don't know what to tell you". So some doorknob bought a pair of striped suit pants for $4.99 or $6.99 that just happened to belong to this crazy nice Zegna. Couldn't he have taken the Botany 500 or Stafford suit pants? Gah. Just irritates me that Goodwill stores around here price everything separately. Why not keep the suit a suit? I realize they likely make more money pricing stuff separately but boy is it annoying. Anyway, here it is. I couldn't leave it.
Some other stuff. All available.
Helmut Lang polo. No size but is really small. XS or S probably.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First stop of the day, had eight Edgar Pomeroy suits in my cart, completely handmade / bespoke, working cuffs, ticket pockets, hand-sewn buttonholes...put them back one by one due to bits of damage. Rest of the day sucked as well save for a snakeskin belt.
Well, ****.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sponge Bob squarebody making an appearance. Versace single breasted Beige velvet 50r

Tiger of Sweden 39, rlpl white black Stripe 17, rlbl 17, ****** punched through the middle of the shirt instead of the size tag 2 inches away.

Usually don't pick up bags, but this thing is pretty nice quality.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sponge Bob squarebody making an appearance. Versace single breasted Beige velvet 50r
There's something I actually like about this, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

0.jpg

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A couple of things from me today...

One of the nicest Chester Barrie's I've found. It's 100% cashmere. (Unavailable)

Two silk knits

Altea and Brioni

Cool leather travel wallet for F1 (unavailable).

Missoni shirt

The older lady ahead of me in line was trying to buy a case for her phone, but she was .10 short. I paid it and when it was my turn, the cashier let me have this for free. :slayer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads