• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe they were girls jeans :p
I can't say that I've never bought women's clothes thinking that they were men's, but I've never bought women's clothes for myself
biggrin.gif

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this real guys? No actual tag, only this printed on and the made in France 972 so 100% soie

Towers

Reaction score

Nice camera. Even though 20 bucks is kinda steep, it's only a couple bucks more than I'm currently paying for single roll of film + development costs (no access to a dark room, currently). Sometimes I think that shooting on film is the stupidest hobby one can have. It's also fluctuates between being the the least/most rewarding activity in my life, which is likely the reason it keeps my interest.

you dont need a darkroom to process film (i'm assuming youre doing b&w?) just get a changing bag and load your reels in there, pop them into your developing canister and you're good. handloading bulk film can also be done in a bag and will also save you a bunch of money.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thrifted a pair of Uniqlos(not selvedge) a month or so ago for myself in my usual size. They were about 2" too big in the waist and were so tight in the thighs that I would not have gone out in public. And these were the regular fit, not the slim.

I tried on a pair of j crew jeans and realized that they were women's when the pockets were tiny...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont need a darkroom to process film (i'm assuming youre doing b&w?) just get a changing bag and load your reels in there, pop them into your developing canister and you're good. handloading bulk film can also be done in a bag and will also save you a bunch of money.

This.

And you do realize you can get the same look with Photoshop, right?
peepwall[1].gif

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Nice camera. Even though 20 bucks is kinda steep, it's only a couple bucks more than I'm currently paying for single roll of film + development costs (no access to a dark room, currently). Sometimes I think that shooting on film is the stupidest hobby one can have. It's also fluctuates between being the the least/most rewarding activity in my life, which is likely the reason it keeps my interest.
True that, to all of the above. God I can't believe how much film/money I shot/wasted back in the day. I must have 20+rolls and prints of the worst surf photography ever.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone and congrats to all the other new dads and dads-to-be!

as thrifters, you have something fun to teach your kid on top of sports, reading etc... I play a game with my kids now (13 and 11 year old boys). I give them $10 each and tell them to go make their months allowance :decisions:

The first time we played was last week and the 13 year old brought me a RLBL shirt in good condition and the 11 year old brought me two BB slim fit shirts (they both know to only pick up slim fit BB). I calculated the potential trade/sale value and gave them both $30 for the month
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

This is awesome!

Available, thought it was a good time for a reminder.

:lol:

But Spoo, the Thrift Thread Baby Boom seems to have already begun.

Vintage Schott Perfecto double rider horsehide jacket, b&s

That jacket is one of my favorite outerwear pieces that I've seen on here. :slayer:

Found a 4 qt All-Clad stainless steel saute pan for $5.99 and a Bunn NHB coffee maker for $6.99 today.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did someone say Barbour? Found this stowaway jacket a couple of weeks ago. It had something sticky all over it. I washed it this morning and it seems all good...

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One for Spoo's Random thread member happenings.....

I had a few beers, and decided to carpet the kitchen for Mrs 38R.

the best part? if it gets a stain, i can replace 1 tile!!!! carpet squares bitches!!!!!!
bounce2.gif

hey, i'm in a good mood..........

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Turnbull, hermes ( not sure if real), pal zileri

Alexander mcqueen

OH ****

Comme Des Garcons women's M blazer. Looks like a runway piece.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One for Spoo's Random thread member happenings.....
I had a few beers, and decided to carpet the kitchen for Mrs 38R. the best part? if it gets a stain, i can replace 1 tile!!!! carpet squares bitches!!!!!!:bounce2:
hey, i'm in a good mood..........
That's a big kitchen for Japan! The kitchen at my aunt and uncle's place over there is tiny. I don't even think it can' be called a kitchen. More like a portable propane stove on the counter next to a sink with a microwave above it!
OH ****
Comme Des Garcons women's M blazer. Looks like a runway piece.
That thing is crazy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads