• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

green_machine

Reaction score

Passed on this Alexander McQueen suit for 50, reasonable pass? Is this a different maker or just mcqueens

I think that's a bad pass

The drop makes it an orphan, but it's a super nice one, and my size if not already claimed.
I have some buttons I can swap out...

The drop being listed doesn't mean its an orphan but it being a 150's with buttons matching the fabric makes me think it is. Good pick up still

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Me too Chet. Elastic on anything outside of a sweater is a deal breaker for me...usually.

Underwear?

OMG, my jacket isn't perfect. I must go drop $2000 on a perfect one!! Seriously people, the beauty of thrifting is that you can TRY stuff without forking over huge amounts of cash. Getting hung up on minutiae will leave you frustrated. I'm happy to wear the jacket until something better comes along, or if I decide I don't like leather jackets.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG, my jacket isn't perfect. I must go drop $2000 on a perfect one!! Serious people

Defensive much. Just sharing an alternative perspective. Enjoy the jacket.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Underwear?

OMG, my jacket isn't perfect. I must go drop $2000 on a perfect one!! Serious people, the beauty of thrifting is that you can TRY stuff without forking over huge amounts of cash. Getting hung up on minutiae will leave you frustrated. I'm happy to wear the jacket until something better comes along, or if I decide I don't like leather jackets.

Who the hell wears undergarments any more?

I wasn't bagging on your jacket, I think it's really good looking actually. And I would thrift that bad boy all day long if I came across it. But...

:hide:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
You are on a website dedicated to fashion. You're really going to do this every time someone gently expresses an aesthetic opinion?

Last edited:

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably the most bad-ass SC i've found, even including the Kiton's a couple years ago.

100% cashmere, dual vents

freakin gorgeous! Might be my size to!

Lol shipping from Canada for shoes should be like 20-25 bucks. Maybe less if you don't want a box and ask shipper to put shoes in paper bags then wrap them together in a tyvex envelope or whatever.
Shipping prices differ both ways. Just because it may cost 20-25 from US to Canada does not mean the same from Canada to US. And in fact, some prefer to ship with a 40-50$ option rather than the cheaper option.

Spring/summer SC for sure. dual vents, partially lined

Jack Victor

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaaaa

Last edited:

staxringold

Reaction score

Shoot my size, didn't see in time. I'll keep an eye out (though not sure I really need, can't beat that price)

EDIT

In Quebec and won't ship to US FYI. I messaged about shipping to US, but if they agree, its going to be expensive...

Nevermind

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are on a website dedicated to fashion. You're really going to do this every time someone gently expresses an aesthetic opinion?

Well, apparently, I DID need to add the disclaimer. I'll say it again, in case you didn't notice it last time. When I post a fit pic or whatever in this thread, I don't want your opinion. I'm opinionated (can you tell?) enough to have my own sense of fashion. I try not to negatively respond to other posters fit pics here, and I expect the same. This is not the WAYWN thread...

There is a whole lot more to fashion than one person (or website, for that matter) on the internet. For this I am eternally grateful.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, apparently, I DID need to add the disclaimer. I'll say it again, in case you didn't notice it last time. When I post a fit pic or whatever in this thread, I don't want your opinion. I'm opinionated (can you tell?) enough to have my own sense of fashion. I try not to negatively respond to other posters fit pics here, and I expect the same. This is not the WAYWN thread...

There is a whole lot more to fashion than one person (or website, for that matter) on the internet. For this I am eternally grateful.

his opinion wasn't even necessarily directed at you, but rather the piece of clothing. i don't really think you need to be so defensive in this situation. i'm sure he has every right to have an opinion on a piece of clothing when you're not even in the picture itself...i don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads