• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lilly Pulitzer pank linen

Oxxford SC

Couldn't leave this behind at $3. The original skeet.

hbkshin thrift synergy! PRL made in Italy duffle

Far left is EZ and rest are a vtg RT collection. 2 far right are wool, made in England

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He threw up the e thrift price and asked people to leverage it when buying said jacket.
Whatever your takeaway is, its probably far more than I would have invested say w/ internet purchase and intent for flip.

Mooska! Mickety mouse!

(anyone who has kids gets this) thumbs please
Oh too well...
lol8[1].gif

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mind blowing stop this evening...

L-R: Tori Richard, Adriano Goldschmied, Gilded Age (cherry popped!)

L-R: Barbour Durham Stowaway jacket, 2X Mountain Hardwear Windstopper vests

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mind blowing stop this evening...

L-R: Tori Richard, Adriano Goldschmied, Gilded Age (cherry popped!)

L-R: Barbour Durham Stowaway jacket, 2X Mountain Hardwear Windstopper vests

nice, deets on barbour?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thrift Fit : E. Formicola Napoli 100% cashmere unstructured SC (thrifted by frenchy) Finamore shirt Random vintage tie (thrifted by me) Random lambs wool cardigan with smoked MOP large buttons (thrifted by me) Vintage hand rolled pocket square (thrifted by me) Creed Bois de Portugal Loro Piana 100% cashmere DB overcoat (sorta-thrifted from a consignor, a very, very generous consignor) Balmain reversible silk wool printed scarf (thrifted by me) Brooks Brothers lambskin gloves (free with a gift certificate) Panta herringbone wool trou Gaziano & Girling
Oh, its on like Donkey Kong.
Paul Stuart/Samuelsohn, traded with one of you dudes (Xenos? Concealed?) Borrelli (traded from one of you dudes) Etro (ethrifted by me) Drakes (bought on sale at A Suitable Wardrobe, SF affiliate vendor) BB braces (thrifted by me, I think) Panthy (TJ Maxx'd by me) Martegani (traded from one of you dudes -- Fueco, I think)
-- Lots of goodies found today. Couple cool ties. The challis wool on the right is really nice, subtle madder colors.
Dsquared windowpane trou.
J Crew^4, linen x2, cord x2. All 42ish, all available. Light cord is 2x vent, others are single.
I rarely brag about Boss, but this is damn cool. 46, I think.
And I never brag about H&M, but this is just too awesome to pass up. Pristine. Tagged 38, and one of you small guys def wants to own this.
And then this little cherry on top. Solid navy DB flannel. Script blue label USA made precursor to RLPL.
Mine all mine.

Last edited:

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shout out to the entire thread for teaching me how to spot the signs of quality. If I had come across this early in my thrifting days I would have passed it by as I don't recognize the name. Made in the USA with dual vents, 3/2 roll, natural shoulders, pick stitching, MoP buttons, unlined back, bold as **** pattern, huge amounts of handwork, floating canvas construction, AND IT FITS.
Couldn't agree more. Some of it is just label recognition to be sure, but the rest is pure quality appreciation.
Why I love my local thrift. Not only do they not know the high-end brand that are obscure, but even the well known brands they just don't care.

Full suit too
Love it when that happens. Usually the more gaudy the lower the price. I've never had to pay more than $9.99 for a madras anything. Probably exaggerating but you get the point.

^ Quoting myself...it was an attempt to reference The Matrix. Not terribly sure I hit my mark with it though.
Damn it, thought that was where you were going with that.

Picked up another theory piece today, seems like it doesn't get as much attention than I thought. Anyone else have similar experience?
Hit and miss. I have picked up some items for myself, but have since rotated it out of my wardrobe due to my strict one in one out policy. Latest victim, Bugatchi Uomo out, Brioni in.

Anyone wear an 11 b/d shoe? I just found two pairs of Church's Custom Grade shoes (one monk strap, one PTB).
UK 11s? If so YES

hbkshin thrift synergy! PRL made in Italy duffle
drool.gif

Some of the shirt backlog:

Fun Lucky, wasn't leaving this behind.

RG

NWOT Ted Baker Endurance

NWOT RT

Fantastic Gucci

Gant

Pendleton

My first non-tie Ben Silver

These are amazing shirts, Carolina Herrera

Carolina Herrera

Converse x Varvatos

Gitman Gold

Armani

Lagerfeld Vintage?

Scotch & Soda Limited edition

Etro

Kiton 1

Kiton 2

Banded Collar J Peterman

Jake Agave

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did one of you snipe the Burberry gingham shirt I was excited to own? I'll buy it from you. Should have set my max bid higher. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads