• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And is this worth picking up? I know their vests are a thing, but this? Purple-ish shirt with brown corduroy collar. Fugly in my opinion. Can go back tomorrow if anyone would want it.

Looks like free money to me. Lining looks awesome IMO.

Last edited:

sansimeon

Reaction score
Looks like free money to me.

I'm in europe and I doubt I could sell it here. Vintage americana stuff isn't very popular, at least not those less known brands. There's no market for it.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

namdaemun

Reaction score
Some recent finds...

I felt like Wes with this one..Vintage Polo Ralph Lauren wool coat with alpaca lining..

J. Crew Westbourne top coat...Like new..

Brooks Brothers navy top coat

Brooks Brothers navy wool/cashmere blend top coat

Polo Ralph Lauren 100% cashmere

Hickey Freeman 38 short

Enrico Isaia 42R-This thing is beautiful..

Patagonia nano puff pullover XS

Patagonia Hi loft R3 fleece

Etro gray wool pants--like new

@tubs I know @tubs was looking for something like that orange patagonia

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zara Denim Couture - Sweet piece in a 38. A bit pricey, but if all else fails, totally wearing this.

Beige/Cream Cable knit V-neck Alpaca Sweater

missing a string for the insert area on the back, but I figured someone would like it nonetheless.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, couple questions:

Is this Burberrys real? Seems well made and has Made in England tag but I've never seen that label before.

And is this worth picking up? I know their vests are a thing, but this? Purple-ish shirt with brown corduroy collar. Fugly in my opinion. Can go back tomorrow if anyone would want it.

That 'Burberrys' looks pretty old, by the tag as well as color combo...and I don't recall seeing it in 'quotes' on a label before, so either just old, or old and not Burberrys.

Depending on what the RFMB is, it could be a something. Yes, vests are always a thing; jackets & parkas can be, depending. US buyers would pay for int'l shipping if it's right.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw those. Probably would have fit me, but what's the point of buying something so faded? Never got that concept. I'm all about that blank canvas. Then again I actually have a pair of your old Uniqlos so I can't really talk.

For the ill fits

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone a size 18 18.5 shirt and looking for a lifetime supply of white eton shirts pm me found like 35 of them.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

YOU WIN
Funny you say this, I hit up a Goodwill on my way home tonight and saw 2 sport jackets that were fun as hell. I literally thought, man, if I had Wes or Spoo's eBay following I could sell these, but since they're no named, no one would ever find them if I posted them!
Get them next time!

Mister Squishy

Reaction score
In the field, Chicago burbs, came across two Tom James royal classic suits with custom made tags for Jim McMahon. Do you think the odds are good that it's da bears?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think I just thrifted the oddest jacket ever - 17.75" shoulder measurement with a 24" pit to pit.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Think I just thrifted the oddest jacket ever - 17.75" shoulder measurement with a 24" pit to pit.

If it's a true natural shoulder (where the shoulder will extend beyond the seams) then I can see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads