• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Sick bike Nat. That'd almost be like finding a used car. Can you imagine?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah - it's crazy! First thing that came to mind was "Geez, who the hell donated a 1 year old, $2,300 mountain bike!? It's gotta be stolen". Then I figured if it was stolen it would have ended up at some seedy pawn shop. I asked the clerk and she did they they checked the Bike ID number with the police and it wasn't reported stolen. I wonder what the story behind it get donated was?

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Yeah - it's crazy! First thing that came to mind was "Geez, who the hell donated a 1 year old, $2,300 mountain bike!? It's gotta be stolen". Then I figured if it was stolen it would have ended up at some seedy pawn shop. I asked the clerk and she did they they checked the Bike ID number with the police and it wasn't reported stolen. I wonder what the story behind it get donated was?

dude you should have jumped on that motherfucker and popped a wheelie right out of the front door....i know i would have

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
dude you should have jumped on that motherfucker and popped a wheelie right out of the front door....i know i would have

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Temujin

Reaction score
Passed on an orphaned Zegna coat, charcoal, probably 40/42L. Also a HF suit a tan color. The fabric was smooth with raised places in it, not sure what that is called. I mean it was supposed to be that way. I probably would have taken it home, but there was a small repairable hole on the front of the pants and I just didn't feel like fooling with it. .And saw 2 Walter-Morton suits. Interesting story on this brand, yes? Took home a pair of J&M Cellini 7.5 Chili and Bone Wing Tip spectators for my son. Very soft leather.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw some pretty dope Brooks Brothers suits, made in the early 70s, but unfortunately not my size. All really good quality. If anyone's about a 44L, check out the Mountain View/Sunnyvale Goodwill on El Camino Ave, there's at least three of them - one is a sweet tweed with patch pockets.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWGP
Hit a string of shirts today for the first time - four Charles Tyrwhitt and a Brooks Brothers, all same donor, all exactly my size. Never gotten more than one or two at a time before for myself - and these are precisely the right size, too. Even Sea Island cotton... happy today!

Nice. The only string of shirts I've ever hit was 3 Jos A Banks ones. Nothing as nice as Brooks or Tyrwhitt, I'm afraid.

But I'm wearing one right now and am pretty happy with it, so not a bad buy for 2 bucks.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cashmere tie, made in Italy - €1. Anyone recognise the label?
DSC_2461.jpg
DSC_2463.jpg

buddy72

Reaction score
Found this Mossimo black leather jacket today, like new for only $7. I never liked leather jackets because they were too heavy (weight-wise) but this is fine, fits great even over a sweater.

leather-jacket.jpg

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aquascutum Trench Coat. Must be pretty old if it's still banging on about the Queen's award to industry 1966-71, but it really is in fantastic condition. Not much of a trench coat man but I think it'll look good with suits and things. Happy!
DSC_2464.jpg
DSC_2465.jpg

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great Ich_Dien. What colour is that trench, Desert Yellow? Wonderful find.

que

Reaction score
Stopped by SA as they were setting out ties. Picked these up for .99 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads