• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiemama

Reaction score

That's a great deal. I got WAY more than that for mine. If he is an outdoors kinda guy, he should like them. They will last another 50 years too.

he is in some ways yes I love the craftsmanship on older things i like to sew so I love looking at stitches and the way things were cut and finished. Thanks again!

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats Wes, I know you have been looking forward to this for some time.

cheers.gif

Garasaki

Reaction score
Not me, but the example that Wes and Spoo et al set gives me enough encouragement to think that if I were ever to lose my job, I could step it up and make enough to at least keep us off the streets. Maybe I could even make more than I am at my current job, but there's no way to know that unless I tried it, which I don't have the guts to do. And, long-run, my prospects are probably better in my current career.

I was reading a yahoo article the other day about how important it is to have a 2nd job, hobby job sort of thing.

First, there is a fair amount of instability in the job market, so you never know when you'll need to suddenly rely on that 2nd job to put food on the table.

Second it shows enteupenural spirit, although not necessarily an ability to spell correctly, which is very important in a marketplace where agility and drive are key to sucess.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Non sf approved thrift fit for an unofficial beer and pizza meetup in San Francisco

Polo thrifted by me
Cucci made Bastian western shirt trade with silverware
Belt thrifted by me
Beat to **** apcs from barrel
Polo suede Chelsea's eBay

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he is in some ways yes I love the craftsmanship on older things i like to sew so I love looking at stitches and the way things were cut and finished. Thanks again!
It's a great find. I bet he'll love it!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A proper diet with a ****** workout program will yield positive results (albiet dangerous via bad form, etc). A ****** diet with an amazing workout program will yield ****** results. Abs are made in the kitchen.
+ 1,000!

Spoo u have 2 jobs???
I think it's called being a king of consignment and a dad. A full time dog owner might aad 0.15 to the 2 jobs.

Thrift fit:

Vintage AE MacNeils - hoofit
1966 Omega Seamaster - Nataku
Zegna jacket - either eBay or someone on here, can't remember
RT BoC tie and heavy tweed overcoat - thrifted by me
No name made in Italy PS - 50% off at local men's store
Pantherella socks - discount on STP.
Shirt - CT on sale
Pents - BB on sale

That Seamaster!!! I'm gonna thrift one in Japan in 2 months...
Or I might just end up with a bunch of jeans I don't need...

Also, this isn't a 'rari, but I would never ever ever kick it out of bed.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/concept_vehicles/1403_toyota_ft_1_concept_first_look/

Cool car, bro. But more importantly, does it transform into some sort of Autobot with some **** name?
Non sf approved thrift fit for an unofficial beer and pizza meetup in San Francisco

Polo thrifted by me
Cucci made Bastian western shirt trade with silverware
Belt thrifted by me
Beat to **** apcs from barrel
Polo suede Chelsea's eBay
I approve! That's style by my standards! Dude, you still have those? Wow...This inspires me to wear some holes into minez...

Last edited:

borbor

Reaction score
I've owned two different models of Supras in the past (a MKII and MKIII), but I'm not really digging this car ...it seems overstyled. Hopefully my opinion will be swayed seeing it in person.

I wonder if it will run into the same issue the previous Supra ran into: the brand name limitation. It may outperform and be more reliable than other cars in it's price category, but at a certain price point, people more often than not will go for the "recognizable luxury" name. The supra wasn't discontinued because they got worried they were selling too many of them. This perhaps should have been released as a Lexus model, a little brother to the LFA or something.
I can forgive them for overstyling a car after giving us boring grocery getters after they axed the Supra.

Go on and overstyle; I'd rather see that rather than the stale crap Honda is pumping out nowadays. At least now it seems like Toyota is pumping some life back into a car.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Since we're still on cars, I'd like to address the reliability issue. A few years ago, Toyota built cars that accelerated by themselves and killed a bunch of people. This from one of the supposed most reliable makers. Honda has had recent engine recalls. No car manufacturer is immune from such things. A Ferrari has way more soul than some silly Japanese car that was born out of imitating a mid century American muscle car.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, the car talk will never die...

I like practical cars. This is my next car (assuming no new models come out in the next couple of years), a Subaru XV Crosstrack.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Orgetorix , what size is the jacket? Drool...

Also, I think a seamripper was built to tear off those ******* buttons! Atleast you'd have MOP buttons for days if you did that hahaa.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can forgive them for overstyling a car after giving us boring grocery getters after they axed the Supra.

Go on and overstyle; I'd rather see that rather than the stale crap Honda is pumping out nowadays. At least now it seems like Toyota is pumping some life back into a car.
Wait...Even the Fit is crap?

Is this worth buying at $35?

575E80F4-DA17-4FAD-AC50-0E585536645F.jpg
C65DFEC9-8069-48D0-8D76-E335ED274698.jpg

Also, look at this - some idiot took a bespoke 1934 morning coat and decorated it by sewing on buttons all over.

757BC02A-A233-44CE-BD5E-AD2C6478C29A.jpg
Ok price for self wear. eBay, you might get $50 to $80. Now, if this were a RRL...But I would have coped if this were my first barn coat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads