1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timhortons

timhortons Senior member

鼠ちゃんが亡くなっちゃのか。かわいそう

でも食事は本当にウメーみたいぞー!
    そんな物作ってあげてラッキー!

1 person likes this.
  2. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

The one pr I've found I loved, and they seemed well made, but they were too small, practically gave them away on the bay.

I didn't know reweaving could be had for <$65/hole. Where do you have it done?

Holy fuck. Can't imagine seeing that listing first. My head would explode. Bay or Clist?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  3. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Yea, they are few and far between...only things you can find on eBay is a tie and a sweater. This guy in New York is trying to revitalize the brand but I don't think that's gonna happen... it'll take a minute to flip but when a person who knows what they are looking at comes across it, it's over. Plus I got them shits at goodwill, not even a vintage store, so thats thrift prices profit margin.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

@silverwarebandit fuck that is old! Thats like 84 or something, before his own label. He designed for Beged Or, Genny, and a few others. Thats crazy. Pretty much worthless though, unless you meet a collector for archives.

--

On a side note, the BBBF hype made me go on a mission. I found that all Long Island Marshalls have shit.

But TJ Maxx on the other hand

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

My guy, Marin Tailors, Santa Monica Blvd. West Los Angeles, $35 bucks a hole, and for the really hard jobs, it can go up to $50, but I haven't paid that yet and I've used them 3 times. Flawless work.

2 people like this.
  6. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

Thanks! As it's not worth too much it's probably going to my mom ... and then redonated by her after she wears it in front of me one time.

3 people like this.
  7. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

ebay

i didn't include half when i priced out/bought because i assumed i'd have to toss half due to damage/dated. weeeelcome surprise indeed.

2 people like this.
  8. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

So I went. Left at 4pm, got home about 5 minutes ago. 5 hours and lots of aggravation - I'd never driven in true Atlanta rush-hour traffic before - holy crap man - avoided 3 accidents where if I hadn't jammed on the brakes someone would have run into me. You ITP people are insane.

• Marshall's #1 (the one mentioned earlier): no suits, no sport coats, no outerwear. Shirts, sweaters and a couple pairs of trousers, all tagged $129. Picked up a few sweaters.
    • TJ Maxx nearby (the "good" TJX): bupkis.
    • Marshalls #2 (the "other" good Marshall's in ATL): found it - several blazers, several pieces of outerwear...all tagged $500 to $600. THEN! Found two of the fabled $129 BBBF suits! I was like "$500 for a blazer, or $129 for a suit...I'l take two suits, to go, pronto!". Also found a BBGF suit, marked way down, but more expensive than the BBBF's. Crazy.

Since I'm already writing this and too lazy to scroll back the 4 or 5 pages, many many thanks to the original tipster! [​IMG]

EDIT: appears to be @bourbonbasted that was the tipster - gracias again!

10 people like this.
  9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Just walked out of one of my fave thrifts with most of my favorite brands: Patagonia (x2, and both USA made), TNF (USA Made!), Mountain Hardwear, REI, SKEET, Burberry, Masons (first one copped - seems nice), Jack Spade. Sadly, I had to pass on Canali and Zegna shirts that were too far gone.

1 person likes this.
  10. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

Thanks, I appreciate it.

11. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

...also stopped by the "good" Goodwill on the way home (how could I not?). Grabbed a NWT Akris 2-piece pant suit. In the special price section, but instakop even at 5x GW's normal pricing.

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Didn't run out to our TJ Maxx, but I know what was there.

Been had US Polo Assn
    Affliction sweatshirts
    Donald Trump and Penguin ties

Nothing more, nothing less.

11 people like this.
  13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

2 people like this.
  14. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

:slayer: I've always been fond of Trailwise's stuff. I have a green mountain parka from them. Really nice. Berkeley had a bunch of cool outdoor makers during the 60's and 70's. Only a couple really made it big.

15. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

It spoke too me...thanks kbadgley...and not only did I buy that one, it lead me to another one and now I have 2 coats coming....shit.

1 person likes this.
  16. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

What happened? One of yours?

17. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Haha awesome, I kept looking at it hoping the L would change to an S

18. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

That.is.insane. Private White VC is rare even in retail stores.

1 person likes this.
  19. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.