• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crazy nice finds recently guys.

My girlfriend is out of town, so I finally got around to photographing the items I've picked up over the past month. Figured I'd share since my entire knowledge base is attributable to this thread. Everything that isn't staying in my closet is hopefully going to supplement my upcoming major life events savings account, but I'd be willing to discuss trades if there is something you need!

I posted some pics of a pair of deadstock vintage Levi's 501 big 'E' selvedge that I found a few days before Christmas. Thanks to @Stewie and @MJMcRibb for their insight via PM. I actually kopped five pairs of deadstock Levi's 501s - three pairs of STF non-selvedge, one pair of little 'e' selvedge, and the aforementioned big 'E'.

A pair of the non-selvedge:

Selvedge little 'e' - I'm guessing late 70s?

Selvedge big 'E'. Some rusting on the buttons and a few loose threads. Otherwise ******* pristine
nod[1].gif

I think I let out an audible yelp in GW when I realized what these were.

The rest:

Skeet (and egregious plagiarism of Spoo's photos...)

Pendleton

Zegna, Barbour, Eton

Orvis

Rag & Bone

Cabela's

Kilkenny

John Molloy

Incotex, Luciano Barbera

Brunello Cucinelli

Corneliani

BB Hand Tailored

Samuelsohn

Couple of crazy bespoke pieces:

SC

Suit with Loro Piana S 130s and Silk 600

William Barry

Penfield - I posted this before but ima post it again

Canada Goose (missing the coyote fur hood lining)

annnnd finally this crazy PRL belted trench

D.U.D.E.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I quit...

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

When you put on the jacket the gorge might not be as low as you think.

COtoKS

Reaction score
Yeah man...I saw the Levi's tags from across the store, borderline ran to the denim section, snatched them all and grabbed a cart. The first pair I inspected were the big 'E' pair and I about **** myself.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool, Fishy! That's exciting!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crazy nice finds recently guys. My girlfriend is out of town, so I finally got around to photographing the items I've picked up over the past month. Figured I'd share since my entire knowledge base is attributable to this thread. Everything that isn't staying in my closet is hopefully going to supplement my upcoming major life events savings account, but I'd be willing to discuss trades if there is something you need!
I posted some pics of a pair of deadstock vintage Levi's 501 big 'E' selvedge that I found a few days before Christmas. Thanks to @Stewie and @MJMcRibb for their insight via PM. I actually kopped five pairs of deadstock Levi's 501s - three pairs of STF non-selvedge, one pair of little 'e' selvedge, and the aforementioned big 'E'. A pair of the non-selvedge:
Selvedge little 'e' - I'm guessing late 70s?
Selvedge big 'E'. Some rusting on the buttons and a few loose threads. Otherwise ******* pristine
nod%5B1%5D.gif
. I think I let out an audible yelp in GW when I realized what these were.
The rest: Skeet (and egregious plagiarism of Spoo's photos...) Pendleton
Zegna, Barbour, Eton Orvis
Rag & Bone
LL
Cabela's
LL
Kilkenny
John Molloy Incotex, Luciano Barbera Brunello Cucinelli
Corneliani
BB Hand Tailored
Samuelsohn
Couple of crazy bespoke pieces: SC
Suit with Loro Piana S 130s and Silk 600 William Barry Penfield - I posted this before but ima post it again
Canada Goose (missing the coyote fur hood lining)
annnnd finally this crazy PRL belted trench
Great finds! That Rag & Bone cardigan is beautiful. Canada Goose is a grail find when it comes to outerwear. Also, you may know this already but those bespoke pieces are made by Adrian Jules. Well done!

COtoKS

Reaction score
Thanks Nat! Knew I recognized the tags, but couldn't recall maker. They're super nice. Previous owner was one tall, broad, athletic dude.

SchoolyardBully

Reaction score

find from last week

side note: how do i use spoiler tags
facepalm.gif
and is that a Women's Jil sander blazer? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw that same rag & bone cardigan NWT at a discount store. Too much to cop but if it's on clearance I would cop at least 2! Good stuff!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyways, about two months ago, we got a message from the student government. They asked us to run a collection for their annual fashion show as a featured retailer.There are like half a dozen "boutique" secondhand stores (read: victims) nearby that normally supply clothing for the collections, and they wanted to add us to the mix. Naturally, we were like "When the hell else would we get a chance to do this?" So we said yes, providing that we were dressing our own people. Anyways, we got the green light and it's happening. 

Very cool! Do keep us posted. (I might know some of your models, since I used to work on campus.)

But don't you fawking dare tell them where to thrift the cool ****!!!

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW! I can honestly say, that there has been an influx of pm's regarding those who made others happy in 2013. so many in fact, that i have decided to split the prize in to 3 winners which are:

1. FaceofBoh. - for going above and beyond for the thread and it's members. needless to say, he is a champion of what "Thrift Bro" means. you get the biggest, most fun toy. you deserve it.
fing02[1].gif
(we know how awesome you are) -with 2 outstanding nominations.

so moved by his acts of kindness, i am sending him this:

an "Ultramagnus" masterpiece edition, comes with box and accessories. i love this thing. it is a worthy trophy. (my most prized toy)

2. 1ofthecoolkids. - with at least 5 nominations, he lurks until somebody needs help and immediately jumps in to the rescue, also a great guy , pm'ing noobs with advice. and never being a downer. always a bro for the members. he gets something very fun- yet to be decided. -going shopping for this one.
mwink[1].gif

3. Spoopoker,- with a very compelling nomination.- we know him as the Ferrari driving big hitter. but he has mentored fellow members, and been available for help to anyone at anytime. he has proven his goodness to me via his nominee. ( pleasantly surprised, thumbs up Spoo)
thumbs-up.gif
= Your toy will have a picture of a horse on it, and a letter with words of thanks from your person who pm'd me.

well done guys, you rock. also special congrats to GmmcL, Shiny, jebarne,330ck,and WES. for being recognized by others for being champs on here.
worship.gif

wrapping it up quickly to concentrate on real life stuff. it's nice to reward the good guys on here. you earned it.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

3. [COLOR=FF0000]Spoopoker[/COLOR],- with a very compelling nomination.- we know him as the Ferrari driving big hitter. but he has mentored fellow members, and been available for help to anyone at anytime. he has proven his goodness to me via his nominee. ( pleasantly surprised, thumbs up Spoo):thumbs-up:      =   Your toy will have a picture of a horse on it, and a letter with words of thanks from your person who pm'd me.

Wow... thank you to whoever said that! I wonder if my wife finally figured out how to PM. :lol: KIDDING

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads