• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VA?

If you've never been, I highly recommend taking some time to visit Montecello. Totally worth it. Providing they aren't getting hammered by the snow storm tomorrow.

VA.

If they get hammered tomorrow, we aren't going. On weather.com, it looked like VA is going to miss the weather.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed. The lava gives it away. Im going to guess that you've been here for the Ironman.

We were there for our honeymoon in 2010, then for the Ultraman World Championships in 2012 (think Ironman, but longer and stupider). The halfway mark on the run course was about where that picture was taken.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VA?

If you've never been, I highly recommend taking some time to visit Montecello. Totally worth it. Providing they aren't getting hammered by the snow storm tomorrow.

Perhaps I'll add Montecello to my list of things to check out in June...

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personal wear
Cashmere half zip up

Last edited:

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So apparently my roommate is kicking ****** thrifting back west... he found a pure cashmere St. Andrews suit. Pics when I get back on Sunday!

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So apparently my roommate is kicking ****** thrifting back west... he found a pure cashmere St. Andrews suit. Pics when I get back on Sunday!
Damn that's drool worthily with just a mental picture...then again, so are many other things
mwink[1].gif

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm trying to quote the down vest with the leather yoke...No pic. Oh well.
drool.gif

levku

Reaction score
where do you get such a great deals? is there any online website or some offline store?

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seconded. The wife and I hiked Diamondhead on our first day. Wandered the island for a week (Hanauma Bay is pretty awesome too) and can't wait to go back.

Diamondhead! We were there in '09 and I got talked into 'hiking' to the top of DH (didn't buy the teeshirt though) when I was a hundred pounds heavier. I had to take 3 breaks on the way up while the superfit couple who talked us into making the ascent practically ran to the top. :angry:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hawaii? If so: Never been, would like to someday...if only to cross it off the list as one of the 4 or 5 states I haven't set foot in yet...AND hit some old-school bars / island joints / spam & eggs.

My lone remaining state? South Dakota.

I keep telling myself that Mount Rushmore would be worth it..........

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out if it'd be worth it to leave the house on Monday....
Simple rule, NEVER LIVE ANYWHERE YOU HAVE TO PLUG IN YOUR CAR AT NIGHT.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diamondhead! We were there in '09 and I got talked into 'hiking' to the top of DH (didn't buy the teeshirt though) when I was a hundred pounds heavier. I had to take 3 breaks on the way up while the superfit couple who talked us into making the ascent practically ran to the top.
angry.gif
Same thing. I was pushing 250 at the time and a guy runs by me 3 separate times. the 4th time I tell him if he doesn't bring me a beer the next time I'm kicking his ass....... He laughed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads