1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Yep all same donor, all jackets 50R and all sweaters xxl

2. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

3. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

4. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Yep more to come for us!

5. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Thanks man! Happen late birthday!

6. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

FFS learn to multiquote.

7. tben

tben Senior member

I sent someone escorial on consignment, didn't get the hype, that is like super 200s right?

8. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Thanks man!

9. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

@barrelntrigger or anyone else, is this a thing? Finding zilch on the interwebz, so I'm guessing not.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

Moved from Oregon to Alabama, so haven't had much time to thrift. Some of my recent pickups. All available.

USA made Polo nailhead. Somewhere between 38 and slim 40. Dual vents.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Isaia tux jacket. 44. Surgeon's cuffs, otherwise pretty classic styling.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NWOT Orvis mechanic neck sweater. Large.

[​IMG]

USA-made Mountain Hardware fleece. XL.

[​IMG]

North Face Primaloft. Size small.

[​IMG]

YSL Rive Gauche. Navy. Large

[​IMG]

Jack Spade XL.

[​IMG]

NWT Deadstock BB Makers. FC. 14.5/34, fits more like a 15. Relatively slim.

[​IMG]

NWT Polo cotton/wool blend. Large.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

How do i tell if something is really leather? Drunk bought this jacket on eBay and here's the only tag. And some pics.

[​IMG]

Suede like stuff under epaulet

[​IMG]

Jacket

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Shanea Kaye

Shanea Kaye Member

If this is real, I found a heck of a deal at my local salvation army store. ($10) I am having a lot of trouble figuring out exactly what style / kind it is though. Ive been hunting through forums for hours and trying to use google translate to figure the italian out but I am stuck. Think you guys can help me out? My eyes are about to cross from staring at the screen and that tag! Ill attach the pictures to this post. Thank you!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Looks to be a 46R with probably 39 pants. I'm guessing you only found the jacket though?

1 person likes this.
  14. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

That jacket is sweet... Does it fit you? [​IMG]

15. Shanea Kaye

Shanea Kaye Member

I didn't know to look for pants... Maybe I should head back tomorrow and see if they are hiding somewhere. Is it old? and can you help me decode the style / family / grade? I'm just learning about all this as of today :)

16. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

great questions! What is going to be most beneficial to you, is if you read this thread from the beginning to end. It may be a months worth venture, but the most beneficial information you will retain. There is so much knowledge to be had, and its right at your finger tips.

--
    to kick start you, that label shows the size is a 56R with a drop 7 for pants. This was at one time a suit, and is meant to be worn as one. The tag also indicates the fabric is 100% wool. Thats about all the info you really need from it. That label is certainly an older model zegna, nothing close to being current, and usually not the utmost of desire.

2 people like this.
  17. Shanea Kaye

Shanea Kaye Member

I have been through quite a bit of it, none of the tags seem to look like mine though. I caught that the grade is the "D" (If I understood it correctly) But I am not sure which direction the scale goes.... I am learning quite a bit and it's pretty interesting. I picked it up because I am starting to sell on Ebay and I recognized the brand. That's all I knew as of this afternoon. Now (correct me if I'm wrong) I think I've figured out that I can feel the floating lining, that it is single breasted, that it is main line (?) that it was made in italy (?) that it is fully lined, and that cupro means the same thing in italian and english. I figured out that :"riga" means line ( I dont know if that applies in this case but thats what google said) and the value in that box is 1. I just am not sure what conclusions to draw after all this. I was going to try to resell it, but it actually looks really good on my boyfriend so maybe it will stay :)

18. Shanea Kaye

Shanea Kaye Member

And hopefully I can find the pants! I have been trying to get all the info I can because not only am I new to suits, I am new to ebay. I don't want that to be a disastrous combination so I wanted to make sure I had all the facts before I even thought about a listing or a price.

19. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

Please read more of this forum and gain more knowledge before selling on eBay. It will end up saving you money in the long run anyways (return costs for wrongly listed items). Sellers who don't know enough about what they are selling make the rest of us look bad and is why eBay is SO heavily in favor of buyers. (I speak from experience). I should have waited at least 2 more months than I did, absorbing knowledge because I made quite a few mistakes when I first started and now I'm FINALLY overcoming those negative feedback and everything that came along with them.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.