• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much the last week or so. Brooks English/Cheaney short wings for myself. Twin Viyella tartan wool scarves.

Only one pictured: Golden Bear A-2. Medium. Made in USA. This is the first leather jacket I've ever picked up and might have been a mistake. My reasoning: origin, vague familiarity with the maker, classic style, and it's in damn good condition.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sweet. If you don't mind, how much does a Kiton shirt cost @ Marshalls? I am only curious bc the tjx and marshalls around here only carry nautica, mk etc..

It was marked the same price as a Brioni **** and a Marmot down jacket (both also in the clearance rack).

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
Head to toe in thrifty goodness today.

OliT

Reaction score
I'm totally excited! I had almost ruled out finding a sweet mannequin for a similar price point as you guys in the U.S., but during one final crawl on the bay I found what I was looking for. And, at like $85 with stand and the top plate, it was dirt cheap too. Just unpacked it and did a test shot without proper lighting and a messy background (or messy livingroom, whatever).
Still, so much better than having a jacket on a hanger.

If any other euro peeps need one, here's the link to the one I got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/28094507483...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 (no affiliation).

Last edited:

TWU2014

Reaction score
Sweet. If you don't mind, how much does a Kiton shirt cost @ Marshalls? I am only curious bc the tjx and marshalls around here only carry nautica, mk etc..

I have a similar question as klay49. The TJM & Marshalls in my area of town sucks.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've decided that jgill79 is on the path to totally blowing up in this business. Constantly improving his presentation. Helpful to all. Defends noobs and small children. very quickly getting to top top notch stuff.

Thanks for the reminder because I've been thinking this for the last 3-4 weeks.
smile.gif

COtoKS

Reaction score
I'm totally excited! I had almost ruled out finding a sweet mannequin for a similar price point as you guys in the U.S., but during one final crawl on the bay I found what I was looking for. And, at like $85 with stand and the top plate, it was dirt cheap too. Just unpacked it and did a test shot without proper lighting and a messy background (or messy livingroom, whatever).
Still, so much better than having a jacket on a hanger.

Looks great!

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

7.5 UK, and they'll be up on eBay later this evening.

And I'll be crying because they're my size and will go for way more than I have disposable at the moment. Great find.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn GMMcL...just damn. 
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

thanks, everybody! Its been a great week, but I have dropped SO much coin. He ***** is most of it fits, and I really want to keep it ALL.

found. moar. today.

deets later.

Last edited:

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ancient Saks hand made -- seriously, every stitch looks hand stitched; the quality is AMAZING -- cutaway tux.
IMG_8097_zps79eff947.jpg
IMG_8098_zps1def9e0c.jpg
IMG_8101_zps441bb0eb.jpg
ORGETORIX: Does this mean what I think it means: Made in June of 1923?
IMG_8100_zps4354898c.jpg
And the coup de grace: Brioni morning suit. Not sure I reunited the right orphans, but close enough.
IMG_8094_zps0a331831.jpg
IMG_8095_zpsa21ba3a4.jpg
IMG_8096_zps017d255a.jpg
MIC. DROP. --
Wow, G, what a haul. Those last two pieces are especially incredible. The tails are very nice, but not 1923. Union label is 1949-1962. And, unfortunately, those aren't the right pants for the morning coat. Black and charcoal morning coats are worn with gray-and-black striped pants, like so:
Wedding_MorningDress001-1.jpg
The only time a morning coat is worn with matching trousers is when it's a light, dove-gray color, in which case the coat, vest, and trousers all match. But, still, incredible find! That haul would make my year.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On another note
Woman's 50s Pendleton ?

Sorry man, that piece dates from the 80's or early 90's. Too career-woman-ish looking to be from the 50's/60's. Plus, most pieces I've seen with that Woolmark logo seem to be from the late 70's and newer but as Fueco stated, it came into being in 1964.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And, unfortunately, those aren't the right pants for the morning coat. Black and charcoal morning coats are worn with gray-and-black striped pants, like so:
Could be why I didn't find them, since I was looking for black. Will try to go back and look for stripes. The ones I did find have a split, curtain waistband, so they're nice one way or another. And I should have known better:

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shout outs to barrelntrigger for a trade with these killer NWT West is Dead chambray chinos. He even threw in a pair of Uniqlo MIJ selvedge jeans for free!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics