• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilGreen

Reaction score
There is no other tag on the jacket. Checked the opposite side and the insides of all the inner pockets.. There is a small tag on the inside with the size but that is all. and it seems to be constructed very nicely and the cashmere is unbelievably soft so I'm going to assume Zegna is the maker unless anyone else can say for sure..

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tessuto is Italian for cloth. All that tag says is that it's using Zegna fabric. It's made by Zegna if it has a inner tag that looks like this (if the jacket is recent, as this is Zegna's post 2005 composition/size tag):
zegna5jk7.jpg
If not, chances are it was made by a local tailor of some sort. That's not by any means saying the construction and quality isn't good, it just means Zegna wasn't the maker.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhilGreen
There is no other tag on the jacket. Checked the opposite side and the insides of all the inner pockets.. There is a small tag on the inside with the size but that is all. and it seems to be constructed very nicely and the cashmere is unbelievably soft so I'm going to assume Zegna is the maker unless anyone else can say for sure..
NATAKU is saying its not..for sure...and i second that,still if you like it thats all that matters

lynch_king

Reaction score
I picked up a set of gold cufflinks, they are signed SWANK on the back.

anyone know anything about them?

lynch_king

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhilGreen
that is not a zegna label. i have a zegna sport coat right here i can take a pic of the label for ya if you want. fabric by zegna is still a pretty nice coat don't get me wrong!

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does any Zegna made SC have a Tessuto Zegna label ? AFAIK The Zegna made stuff has only the Zegna label and inner construction label (the one inside the pocket).

lynch_king

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Does any Zegna made SC have a Tessuto Zegna label ? AFAIK The Zegna made stuff has only the Zegna label and inner construction label (the one inside the pocket).

it does not just the zegna label on the inside pocket

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lynch_king
that is not a zegna label. i have a zegna sport coat right here i can take a pic of the label for ya if you want.

fabric by zegna is still a pretty nice coat don't get me wrong!

Agreed that the coat is not made by Zegna but I have a Zegna jacket (manufacture) in what might be that very same fabric and it is amazing cashmere. I wouldn't stress the maker too much if you just found a sport coat in good condition made form Zegna 100% cashmere. And hey, you could always make it into children's clothing if the construction is not up to your standards.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picked up a pink paisley tommy hilfiger tie today for $4. it still had the $40 price tag on it so it was practically new. I know TG probably isn't highly regarded around here but for $4 I couldn't complain

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Found my first Shell Cordovan Florsheim shoes today! They are in terrific condition too in burgundy. Size 11C if anyone is interested let me know
2hmk00g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads