• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fueco, is you avatar a picture of you at the Hofbrauhaus brewery in Munich? I was there in May actually.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man, I wanted one of those AT-AT walkers soooooo bad when I was a kid.

You've no idea the awesomeness that I have in my parent's basement. Includes but is not limited to that At At. Also includes a little thing I like to call the GI Joe Aircraft Carrier.

Mostly because that's what it's called.

It's in pieces and hasn't seen the light of day since the 1980s, but thats not even close to the point.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I wanted one of those AT-AT walkers soooooo bad when I was a kid.

We had one. Along with many, many other pieces of iconic Kenner goodness from 1980-83 (ESB and ROTJ). I fought my mom when she decided to donate EVERYTHING. I remember specifically telling her that they were going to be worth a lot of money someday (I had at least three unopened mint Darth Vader figures from ESB alone, ferchristssake!). And people wonder why I'm so obsessed with thrifting these days!

Fueco, is you avatar a picture of you at the Hofbrauhaus brewery in Munich? I was there in May actually.

Yes. I was there in late July this year. Another childhood dream fulfilled!

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Robert Talbott Seven Fold tie lot I e-thrifted turned out better than I thought.

Glad you're happy with them, but those designs are pretty terrible extremely terrible
confused.gif

Last edited:

Timmah

Reaction score
Sadly its a new Hasbro one. I should still be able to quadruple my money on it IF I decide to sell it.

I also passed on a pair of Magnanni Brown Suede Double Monks in pretty good shape that were $40. I feel like I shouldn't have. So if any of you Twin Cities people want them they are at the Goodwill in Stillwater.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad you're happy with them, but those designs are pretty terrible extremely terrible
confused.gif
Oh yes. They're all quite loud, but I've had good luck flipping them, and I hope that luck continues.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You've no idea the awesomeness that I have in my parent's basement. Includes but is not limited to that At At. Also includes a little thing I like to call the GI Joe Aircraft Carrier.

It's in pieces and hasn't seen the light of day since the 1980s, but thats not even close to the point.

doNOT make me go get my voltron.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ugggghhhh, I didn't have the Aircraft carrier, but I had the Terrordrome, amongst many other relics toys from the 80's, and I sold them in my early 20's when I was short on cash. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting vintage down. @Nataku
Cool! They did a lot of down jackets and vests with those western-style yokes.
Went out to Minnesota today. (Stealin your thrifts Twin Cities crew)
Picked up a couple nice pair of pants. Zanella Bennetts and some Hugo Boss ones. And the piece that will find that will make DM7 recent haul seem like nothing... Que imperial march.
2 feet tall, sitting in the toy department. How could I not cop it?
How long ya in the area for? We should have a TC area meet up!
I also passed on a pair of Magnanni Brown Suede Double Monks in pretty good shape that were $40. I feel like I shouldn't have. So if any of you Twin Cities people want them they are at the Goodwill in Stillwater.
Dang. They know what Magnanni is in Stillwater? :confused:

Oshuns919

Reaction score
Recent Black Friday Finds

Orvis XL(available)

Skeet Rag Car Collection XL (available)

Ties L to R(available)

Robert Talbot Chelsea, Brooks Brothers XL, Geometeric PRL and Stripped PRL

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Took advantage of the 30% off yesterday to pick up a couple Charvets (both available) and a Dormeuil. Never heard of Dormeuil but it is grenadine-ish and chocolate brown, so I snagged it.

Dormeuil, at least the suit I sold did well but took some times. Quality was also very very good.

^ Mainy that and the Spurr are ridic. nice finds.

---

So, went thrifting for a few hours with Brianpore, my wife and kid today, was a truly awesome time. Hes even better in person than online lol.

Anyway, some pretty awesome finds ensued as we had three and a half of us covering the racks...

brian is my good luck charm, my second pair of shells LIFETIME. Woot!

speaking of vintage denim, these look pretty damn old to me. DENIM EXPERTS HALP!

cool tweed pendleton hat

deadstock nwot shearling gloves for me

golden bear BUTTER soft nappa leather jacket for me

1950-1960 Milady for SFA fur hat

whats this?

oh haiiiil brittania

dead mint schott perfecto, cant tell age, probs 60s

another schott 5xl tho

standard silks and wools

bright and sunshiney day with silk suspenders and linen piped ps

INSANE Stiff and heavy vintage maybe 60s 70s sears roebuck selvedge denim jacket NWOT

drieeeeess

its a black corduroy winter coat

silk/wool reversible scarf for me

100 cash scotland vest for me

brian snipes this vintage velvet shawl collar smoking jacket off the rack as its being wheeled out
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

JPG jawnz

1950s racoon tail cap

who had a pair of these recently? what the **** are they? heavy as hell some countries army pants im sure

SECOND SHELLS EVER! crockett and jones

NATAKU SIGNAL is this the mountain stuff im looking for? ripstop pen field no content but likely 60/40 and says wash with a tennis shoe on the instructions
confused.gif
I hope you know about these smiths jeans above too!
smile.gif

after three hours of thrifting we hit up an ill columbian joint to feast like champions!

(i was the only one drinking sangria though
frown.gif
)
Such a good time today!! & the food was amazing
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics