• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** everyone else if that 46 long has 20ish shoulders and 33ish waist it's mine
Also bonus thrift fit, very sick and don't mind if I look homeless edition:

Random beanie-me
Vintage cafe racer-eBay
Uniqlo hoodie-sale
Club Monaco t-me
Lvc jeans-eBay
Dacks Chelsea's-member
Also is anyone familiar with polo Ralph Lauren ties where the label is on the blade and not by the keeper also this one is hand made in Italy not the us is this a purple label precursor?

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try testing my luck now:

Heya, I'm going to stumble upon a 1959 Les Paul for under $50 today.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Weekend Ride

1968 Formula 400 Pontiac Firebird w/ Tach on the Hood. All original matching #s.

Suh-weet! My first car out of high school was a '67 Firebird, but only the OHC 6 engine. If I knew then what I know now about how much they would go for, I would have kept it and tossed a 400 in it for fun. I still prefer the 67 and 68 Firebird to the Camaro of the same years; don't like the 69 Firebird's front nose and Camaro wins it that year (I forgot which year Wes has)...but I'd take the 69 Mach 1 / fastback over either of them.

Current ride:

Last edited:

littlemaninred

Reaction score
Been lurking (and thrifting) for about a month. The more crazy ish I see you all picking up, the more time I am spending at the thrift stores; it's becoming a problem (so thanks). I had a better than usual haul yesterday, so I thought I'd post some of it.. (sorry about some of the photos being upside-down in advance)

Black camelhair blazer

Pal Zileri suit (NWOT)

Zanella x2, Canali, Dries Van Noten (!), Vestimenta

Lubiam Black Cashmere Blazer

The two blazers were too nice to pass on, despite slight smoke smell (some loose, larger cut tobacco in one pocket makes me think pipe smoker). Anyone have any tips for de-odorizing?

Last edited:

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing people posting about 46L suits, so I'll throw in my find yesterday. Hickey Freeman 46L, haven't measured the pants yet, I'll get on that. I'm a 37R so I'm open to trades or just selling it.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys are a bad influence. I'm heading back to grab it now. Signed out of work to run an errand. Fingers crossed it's not moth laden!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hehe it's an addiction

So funny. I was just going to quote the symptoms of addiction:
"Addiction is characterized by inability to consistently abstain, impairment in behavioral control, craving, diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships, and a dysfunctional emotional response. Like other chronic diseases, addiction often involves cycles of relapse and remission."

Last edited:

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hehe it's an addiction

it really is. my gf thinks im NUTS after finding out about this a few weeks ago. i now go 1-2x/week and maybe one weekend day. when i drag her along she's miserable/disgusted.

im finding myself making excuses/lying to say im elsewhere when im really trolling the GW aisles. :/

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been lurking (and thrifting) for about a month. The more crazy ish I see you all picking up, the more time I am spending at the thrift stores; it's becoming a problem (so thanks). I had a better than usual haul yesterday, so I thought I'd post some of it.. (sorry about some of the photos being upside-down in advance)

Black camelhair blazer

Pal Zileri suit (NWOT)

Zanella x2, Canali, Dries Van Noten (!), Vestimenta

Lubiam Black Cashmere Blazer

The two blazers were too nice to pass on, despite slight smoke smell (some loose, larger cut tobacco in one pocket makes me think pipe smoker). Anyone have any tips for de-odorizing?

Nice first post dude! Welcome to the forum. For deodorizing, I've always had good luck with white apple vinegar and a spray bottle. Just get the inside real well and hang it to dry. Outside if you can.

I'm going to try testing my luck now:

Heya, I'm going to stumble upon a 1959 Les Paul for under $50 today.

Go for the '61 instead!
fight[1].gif
biggrin.gif

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it really is. my gf thinks im NUTS after finding out about this a few weeks ago. i now go 1-2x/week and maybe one weekend day. when i drag her along she's miserable/disgusted.

im finding myself making excuses/lying to say im elsewhere when im really trolling the GW aisles. :/

I kind of love your posts about sneaking off to goodwill behind your girlfriend's back. No idea why, but it makes me laugh.

woodchuck312

Reaction score
Quote:
Same story here bro lol. I have specifi trhifts i go to on certain days. Try to go right after work and beat the wife and kids home. I hit the shops nearly every day of the week. The wfie will come around to it once you make a few successful flips. I also try to make a point of looking for nice things for the wife and kids at the thrift shops. Gotten some neat toys for my boys and some nice purses for the wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads