1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

That is sick! This is the tiger stripes we've been looking for! Fucking love tiger stripes!!!

2. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is real? seems to seem real but it's kind off with letters

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. s_allen_p

s_allen_p Senior member

Has anyone, Canadians in particular, heard of the brand Arnstein? I picked up the below waxed, fishtail parka in the hopes we'll eventually get some rain here in California. Probably women's in that it's a medium, but fits me like a slim XS. Doesn't have all the details that some of the nicer coats in the category have, but has nice buttons, good double steel zipper, and thick leather pulls. Anyways, just curious as I can't find anything on the brand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. 330CK

330CK Senior member

I have better pics if you want to see. I'm waiting to hear back from someone else, so hopefully we'll know soon.

Oh and pop!
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  5. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Deets.! I thought I found one a few weeks ago, ended up being fake

6. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

NWT BB, current Talbott x 2, nicest Altea I've ever seen (I helped the women behind the counter get an item down from atop a tall cabinet and she gave this to me for free :slayer:), zegna
    [​IMG]

Clan Douglas THICK cashmere cardigan for me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

These are a thing right? NWT.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  8. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

Pickups from the last couple of weeks. Please accept my perpetual apology for cell phone pics. Everything but the last three is available.

I know it's a diffusion brand, but still has a good amount of hand work and it's a full suit.

[​IMG]

Softest silk tie I've ever felt

[​IMG]

The collar on this is a hidden button-down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice Billy Reid specimen but too small for me unfortunately

[​IMG]

This is an orphan but it's the best HF I've ever seen...nice gray nailhead

[​IMG]

NWT Bill's Khakis with unfinished hems

[​IMG]

Grabbed this before I really looked at what they go for. Not really much of a profit it looks like.

[​IMG]

Color is actually a mint green, 100% linen with awesome MOP buttons. Anyone know anything about this brand?

[​IMG]

Yeah, only Indochino, but it's in excellent condition. Maybe should have passed but oh well.

[​IMG]

Florsheim by Duckie Browne. Been looking for wingtip boots and these fell into my lap.

[​IMG]
    I've been told these are made by Kiton. My size [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My personal favorite: John Laing 100% cashmere v-neck in my size.

[​IMG]

Not pictured: Sweet leather jacket from an unknown maker I picked up for myself and a BB Makers green foulard.

5 people like this.
  9. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

10. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

1 person likes this.
  11. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I asked a seller to clarify their listing for a PRL Italy blazer they listed as made by Canali...tag looked like Corneliani to me but dude insisted Canali makes them now. He had thousands of feedbacks and on ebay forever, and had detailed listings re: canvassing and construction so he knew his stuff, but it was the first and only time I'd heard the Canali claim.

12. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Sadly not. I'd guess no more than 10-15 years old. The green colored label is pretty new. I think they switched to the green colored info label from white in the late 80's. The colors in that particular pattern are pretty dark. This pattern was used by the Seals and other Special Forces in the late 70's on.

The good tiger stripe is pretty bright. Hard to miss. There also most likely won't be any sort of label. Just a black size stamp near the collar (if it hasn't faded away). See below photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

I agree. The Corn for PRL tag looks very similar to Canali. But until now all PRL Italy is Corn (will be HF moving forward and that is a very easy tag to recognize).

14. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

Made by Italo ferretti for brioni. Legit.

That polo is corneliani. Almost all POLO is corneliani

2 people like this.
  15. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Thank you sir. I seem to remember you made a camo-identification post last fall. I need to find that and bookmark it.

1 person likes this.
  16. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

I know this should go to the eBay thread. But are military items worth the pick up for resell?

17. 330CK

330CK Senior member

Quality is there, tags look good, but their relationship with Certilogo is over. I'll try to register it later and see what happens.

This is a cool find for me. The castle is the symbol of Hamburg, Germany, where hundreds of years of my family history lie. Braun is also equivalent to a Saks or Sid Mashburn.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Only some of the rarer collectible stuff. Don't go picking up all the desert or digital camo you see. It's just like everything else we get in the stores, some of it is great and worth a lot of money to the right person, the rest of it is probably crap. You just have to spend a great deal of time educating yourself about what is desirable, and what is run of the mill. I honestly don't know the first thing about military clothing/collectibles.

19. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

So....somebody just stuck a tacky homemade racism patch on a ten year old camo jacket? :confused:

This weekend!:

Bespoke shirts made of Holland & Sherry fabric. (Weirdly, there's a sewn-in Holland & Sherry logo on the neck, so you'd think it was an RTW if you didn't see the tailor's tags at bottom). First. Nice, but not sure if desirable.

Black pattern ties: Hermes, Brioni.

Sales lady was amused I have a net worth of $20, but could, conceivably, dress like a *bawse*. :slayer:

3 people like this.
  20. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

Heres a suit I have
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.