• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hunter Wellies, my only find the last few days. Going to the gf so NA.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I was feeling good today until I read the thread. DIDN't pick up some stuff with the right name and the wrong condition......and found my 2nd pair of shells. They seem paltry compared to Wes' 6 pack of shell's and everyone else's multiple hauls.

Earlier this week I said I never find shoes, and then I find Church short wings and today BB by Alden Shell. Plus, my Tiger Shark AE's are sitting on a c note bid, i had an average pair of AE Bergland's go for my BIN, and within 2 hours of posting on Thursday, have bids on a J&M Cellini and a Cole Haan Bragano.

I'm starting to think there might be something to this shoe thing.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JM Weston is a thing.

Thanks! And did just eyeball eBay...not bad at all.

Never thought about book pickups but those are good table items!!!
Definitely soenthjng to keep around the reading room

I pick up a fair amount of books; prefer odd medical books and vintage photo/art/design but will grab anything interesting or with pretty pictures to have about. I've only found one real gem thrifting books, so it's mostly for fun.

Timmah

Reaction score
Haven't been out in a while. I picked up again today though. Picked up some decent vintage stuff as well as these.

Camel Hair Burberry Blazer

Canali Suit (Pants too, just no pic)

Also this vintage woolrich coat. Not sure how old this label is.

I also found this awful Spoo & Sons Suit, but I don't know who would want that.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Snoogz- Stay quit! Nataku- Some label Appreciation for ya. Did not kop because it was trashed/disgusting, but I recall you posting/digging this variant of the SD logo.
Yeah, I've sadly had to leave behind some cool pieces from the Golden Age of outdoor wear because it looks like the person lived in that particular garment for 20+ years. That's the right label, though.
Glad none of you guys frequent Columbus. Teaser of my favorite find.
:slayer: :lurk:
Pair of these skeeters for the 'bay (from NMLC; the rest is thrifted):
LL
Wow, those sure are something! I've never seen Robert Graham made for a specific retailer before, let alone hand numbered ones. I'm sure those will bring in way more than your average RG shirt. NWT to boot! Also, JM Weston are indeed a thing.
Also this vintage woolrich coat. Not sure how old this label is.
Styling screams 1950's.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are pics of my finds today. Daks, 42R and probably keeping
Hackett, also 42R and probably available.
Sulka shirt. Old as hell. Crazy huge pearl buttons and flap chest pocket??
Brioni
Borrelli, but it's got a hole at the collar I hadn't noticed. :(
-- Also, about to X post this to the Thrift Formalwear thread. My daughter had a princess themed party, and I went as the butler from Sofia the First. 1958 Savile Row morning suit. Off in a few spots, but not worth tailoring for how exceedingly rarely I will get use out of it. The original wool waistcoat had been destroyed by moths, so I improvised.

marc roberto

Reaction score
Hey Spoo! Is it purse real? I passed because it looked fake. Thanks!

A little rule that I go by with these things is " a luxury handbag that looks fake, ain't no luxury handbag." Kate Spade is a commonly faked one too. I just brought two Ferragamo handbags that I thrifted to a Ferragamo store and the saleswoman told me they were authentic but a few years old. That's one way to do it.

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andro went to visit family this weekend, which means: Andro went thrifting...

...for 14 hours. There were finds. Oh, there were finds. But we'll get to that later.

But, for now: so, this happened.

That's one continuous fur scarf thing. Wat. It's like a recreation of the Human Centipede, with furry things.

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those sure are something! I've never seen Robert Graham made for a specific retailer before, let alone hand numbered ones. I'm sure those will bring in way more than your average RG shirt. NWT to boot!

Also, JM Weston are indeed a thing.

The RG's were not thrifted - came from NMLC (Neiman Marcus Last Call), but are a pretty easy c-note after all is said and done.

The JM Weston's were thrifted - I had paid and left then decided to go back and use the restroom, and on the way passed by the shoes again - saw them, peeled up the nasty Dr. Scholl's insoles, and thought they might be something. Nice to discover they were - thanks!

A thing I spoilered because it's pretty under-handed:

On another topic: Discovered a wholly unethical (but acceptable) way to get high-end merch from the "good" Marshalls / TJX on the super-cheap. It's really smarmy and I discovered it by accident. I feel dirty. I won't be doing it again and it only happened once. There. I've confessed and feel better and swear I'll never take advantage of it again.

Lirum

Reaction score
Andro went to visit family this weekend, which means: Andro went thrifting...

...for 14 hours. There were finds. Oh, there were finds. But we'll get to that later.

But, for now: so, this happened.

That's one continuous fur scarf thing. Wat. It's like a recreation of the Human Centipede, with furry things.

Not a fur hater or anything, but that thing is revolting.

BB Linen SC; 40L. Available.

Chest 21 3/4
Waist 20 3/4
Shoulders 19 1/2
BOC 31 1/2
Sleeves 24 1/2

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I forgot - also picked this up today, which may not seem like a big deal but I have not seen Schlitz for sale since I left Chicago 10+ years ago. They didn't have bottles, and only this one lonely 12-pack of cans so I had to. Memories . . . or lack thereof.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing today. Brooks Brothers made in Italy by Lardini 43L. Available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads