• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I knew better than to post them without already taking a shot with you bunch of vultures
E-thrift- Hoping they're decent.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390699964988?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Though at that price, I figure it was worth a shot. Shoe trees + some Reno and they shouldn't look too shabby.

Tweets- Nice shell grab!

Thanks, the problem with sitting on Ebay e-thrifting all the time is that I end up buying way too much stuff for myself, stuff I didn't know I needed until I saw it.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Camera guys! Is this good? Polaroid SX-70 Land Camera. Leather case, some extras. Plus a 1968 brochure from Disneyland and a booklet from the GM pavillion at the 1962 Seattle World's Fair.

Noice! They're semi-common, what'd ya pick it up for if you don't mind me asking? That'll be the tell. The film will most likely be toast so I'd write that off. Are the flash bars unused? Hard to tell from that shot.

LA is more or less a shell desert. I think I've seen it twice, both times already cracked/torn. I'd happily trade away a portion of the streetwear finds for shell. Thrift gods, take note of that.

Last edited:

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was $30, just on the edge of what I was comfortable paying. Flash bars appear to be used (insides of the cubes are all crinkly).

Could I just put the film cartridge in and give it a whirl? If it's toast it just won't process. Or would that screw up the camera?

stevenkmason

Reaction score

Good looking out. And I didn't even know about that thread! I think the sleeves would be too short for me on those.

I'm out right now. I don't know if anyone here is from Michigan, but I spotted a definite flipper at SA at Hall Rd and Schoenner in Utica. Any of you guys?

They started playing Christmas music at the SA's around here and it drives me nuts. I refuse to listen to Christmas music until December 18th. I can only handle one week.

Stewie

Reaction score

It was $30, just on the edge of what I was comfortable paying. Flash bars appear to be used (insides of the cubes are all crinkly).

Could I just put the film cartridge in and give it a whirl? If it's toast it just won't process. Or would that screw up the camera?
Battery is in the film pack so if it still has life it won't hurt it...looking at the condition I would say that was a fair price to pay...stll can get film from the internet. ..forget who makes it...also 600 film works in it too..just have to remove the tab...if its confirmed working..good profit if you flip it.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 stores. 1 item...
baldy[1].gif

Was at a GW minding my own business feeling miserable cuz it's dry everywhere and I needed to *********** badly when I over heard an employee saying to an old lady, "If you are not going to buy this please let me know so we can put this on eBay for $200." She repeated herself a few more times. This piqued my interest. I looked at the garment. It's a pleather looking jacket...I started a conversation with the old lady. She gave me permission to touch the jacket. "It feels like pleather", I told her. She reassured me it's leather since she worked for the maker for over 10 years. I looked at the content, it says lamb leather in Italian. Looked at the label and shat my pants, well, almost. Thank goodness for me having a strong gutch. "Good find", I told her. It turned out she's found another one but not leather. Good for her.

Hey Spoo! Is it purse real? I passed because it looked fake. Thanks!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled cashmere sweaters by Brooks Brothers, PRL and Thomas Pink. Also a North Face Denali fleece.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
Only a couple things today. Had plans to hit half a dozen stores but locked my keys in the house on the way out the door and spent 2 hours dealing with that so I was only able to hit 2.

First up is this badass detachable fur collar. The construction and way it burns makes me think it's real fur but I'm not sure what animal. Any ideas?

Nothing special but a nice heavy LL Bean sweater that will fit me. Love the color of the wool.

Edit: Left the sweater sitting on my bed and come back in from watching Michigan and see this. Gives you a good idea of the wool color plus it's cute.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a surprising amount of Escada, recently. Mostly Dana Scullyish looking........and not in a good way.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad none of you guys frequent Columbus. Teaser of my favorite find.

Glad you were frequenting Columbus. Had a good day in Cincy. Multiple Oxxfords, multiple Polo Cashmere (made in USA on one, Corneliani for the other) vintage Brooks camel hair, several bags of other stuff. Pics later this evening.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mostly ran errands today so not much thrifting, but did get a few good pulls:

Pair of these skeeters for the 'bay (from NMLC; the rest is thrifted):

Couple minty BB's - gingham check and blackwatch:

BB 1818 Madison suit:

T&A, recent-ish Ferragamo:

Robt Graham jeans:

Borrelli jeans:

Are these a thing? Serious. I did not check eBay in store, nor since getting home...the name rang a bell, and "made in France" so I took a gamble.

Some bathroom reading material - an ISBN search tells me one of them goes for $65+, the others not as much. I'm feeling clairvoyant; like I can predict the future...and I have a weird sense that I might be getting a PM sometime soon.

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never thought about book pickups but those are good table items!!!
Definitely soenthjng to keep around the reading room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads