• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some decent finds today.

White label promo. Appears unplayed.

http://www.popsike.com/Evie-SandsI-Cant-Let-GoBlue-Cat-Promo-45/290135652319.html

1) John Max Jacobs - A Prairie Dream. Still sealed. Local folk-psych. Private press. 2) Incredible String Band - Liquid Acrobat As Regards The Air

http://www.popsike.com/John-Max-Jac...s-ACID-FOLK-PSYCH-in-shrink/360521237112.html

New Balance Minimus 20v2 trail running shoes. Vibram soles. Worn very little. Men's 11.5

Recent Arctyrex fleece zip-up. Men's L

Picked this up for a friend. Adrian Jules cream colored 2 btn suit. Mint.

Woman's Icebreaker Bodyfit 150. Sz M

Vintage 70's Adidas t-shirt. Size L

Pulled this off a new arrival rack. I was pretty happy with this until I saw a guy in the shirt section pull out a super recent T&A Exclusive label blue glen plaid shirt. :fu:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So now I'm starting to freak out a little.

FOUR
FOUR PAIRS OF SHELL
Ah ah ah

Some decent finds today.

Pulled this off a new arrival rack. I was pretty happy with this until I saw a guy in the shirt section pull out a super recent T&A Exclusive label blue glen plaid shirt. :fu:

That sucks. I hate it when things like this kill my buzz on an otherwise good find.

Funny story from Wednesday that I forgot to tell. As I was headed toward one of the spots, my wife called and asked me to pick up some baby food. This store is right next door to a grocery store. So I went there first, because otherwise I'd forget. (Yes, I am that forgetful. I'm even worse with names). As I walk in, I see a major flipper standing on line buying like a candybar. Our eyes locked. And I literally spun on my heel and legged it out and over to the store. He never came in. He either beat me there (possible since there was very little left other than an Isaia piece, but I'd be surprised if he missed it) or he just leapfrogged me to the next spot. It was one of those times where I think we both read each other's thoughts.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
E-thrift brag. Size 16D TBNY "Parke" loafers. I have 2 pairs of AE loafers (Stowe and Grayson) but they're both burgundy calf and look kind of harsh with jeans. So I'm happy to have found some mid brown ones. Plus I like TBNY a lot and I always have a hard time finding my size.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In field. Nice coat with working cuffs. This a SC?

Cant tell if I like color

jdxcjcy4.jpg

Lirum

Reaction score
In field. Nice coat with working cuffs. This a SC?

Cant tell if I like color

jdxcjcy4.jpg

If it's for you, then only you can decide; and if you're asking if it's a SC, you need a full pic of the jacket. If you're offering to proxy, you need to shoot the whole jacket for other members to get the picture. If it's for ebay, you need to either get the ebay app for your phone or go home, take a pic, do research, and hope it's still there if the price is enough to justify a flip.

Either way, you're doing it wrong. :/

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys have been killin' it in here! Nice finds all around! Here is my meager contribution from two stops today. Too lazy to take decent pics. Apologies.

Pendleton

i was there when those dunhill jackets came out, look close, at least 1 other had moth damage. i reunited the one pair of pants with the one jacket then realized they were damaged. got 2 zegna15milmil jackets though from the same donor on the same rack though, really recent too

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boy am I glad I posted my finds before DM7 posted. Pure insanity. :worship:
OK, denim heads. Every time I think I've got my hands on a solid pair of selvedge, when I post shots, people mock me. That's not to say I don't still wear and enjoy them, just that I don't feel comfortable posting shots. So how do we think these fit?
Looks good to me. +1 on cuffing.
Nat (or anyone else). Is this a thing? It is heavy as heck for what it is, and the styling is amazing.
Not crazy but definitely cool and getting to be scarce. Korean war era M-1950 field jacket. Worth $30-$40.
Recent Finds: Zilli 100% Cashmere Samuelsohn
Both gorgeous jackets but Zilli Pure Cashmere?! Crazy!
And so does the store down the street from salvo.
:slayer: I think you've pulled out more shell than anyone else on here. I've found maybe 10-12 pairs over my entire thrifting career.
That is the Covert cardigan model (save you some time poking around eBay / the arcteryx site looking for a match, if you're gonna list it on eBay...) Not a currently available color, might be 2012.
Thanks for the tip! Definitely saved me some time doing research! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads