• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Temujin
Ok so we actually gotta be in the clothes we brag about?

So here is a link to me in my:
Oxxford suit--6.99 plus about $75 in alterations and a good cleaning
BB Makers tie--1.24
Bijan Ali or Croc shoes--4.99
MOP tie clip--yard sale .50
I have yet to score a decent shirt in my size, and I ain't buying no thrift store underwear or socks.

The other pix (295 & 85) are of my personal shoe collection. Other than family and one friend I haven't shared it with anyone.

The other 5 pictures of shoes are of my shoes for sale, about 250 pairs, what is left of the used shoe store I bought out as well as some of my thrift store contributions

http://img52.imageshack.us/g/shoes414.jpg/

what brand and size are those navy blue brogues? http://img85.imageshack.us/f/shoes409.jpg/

que

Reaction score
Hello all, I have enjoyed this thread for awhile and decided to try posting. ive been thritn often for awhile, bc theres 4 within 5 miles of my house, and than i got hooked. I mainly hunt for certain ties and old school shoetrees and stuff n my size is a bonus. Thanks to this forum my eyes and pockets have opened up to sizes and designers and esp shoes which i previously past by. Hopefully i can make EBTX jealous as it appears we travel the same turf. I will try to post to get to the required number to get a reply before i try my luck on ebay.

que

Reaction score
I found these new pj's uh sleepware, marked half off in almost my size. theres only one label on them. There is a similar pair posted on NM website made in Switz for $285

aragoona

Reaction score
I picked up a double breasted Bugatti tuxedo. Can anyone tell me a little more about this brand?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by que
I found these new pj's uh sleepware, marked half off in almost my size. theres only one label on them. There is a similar pair posted on NM website made in Switz for $285

This is a very old NM label, from before the time when the store went national.

Could be from the 60s.

May be higher quality than current offerings, which of course are not bad at all.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
This is a very old NM label, from before the time when the store went national. Could be from the 60s.
I've got a few 50s/60s items from NM. None of the labels look like this. I suspect it's a somewhat newer vintage.

majesticj

Reaction score
Do clearance racks count?

6 Hilditch & Key full bespoke shirts for 150 gbp, in staple colors.

(It was a bespoke order my evil twin placed that he never bothered picking up from the shop.)

Putting them on is like wrapping yourself in very well-fitted kittens.

Temujin

Reaction score
Went out of town this past weekend and arrived about 2 hours before check-in time at the motel. So of course I tracked down the closest thrift store, and then asked where other thrift stores were.
The hunt yielded 3 Hickey Freeman suits, a BB Makers tie and a Van Heusen tie. I would not normally uby VH, but it completed perfectly a BB suit I found last week. I also found a RL suit for me.
I bought the Hickey Freemans for the fellow on here requesting size 46, as these are his size. However, I can't remember who it is now. So shoot me an PM if you are still looking for sz 46 suits.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a Ravazzolo Sport Coat in like new condition, pkts still sewn, for $6 !
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics