• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GentlemanGeorge
Deadstock dark chocolate Ansewn full-strap pennies. Gorgeous, just wish they fit.
1dd8ae1d.jpg

e63b2efc.jpg

8c9607e3.jpg

When are you people gonna learn to put the size into the post?
confused.gif

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Guys, I have a question. I found a navy Brooks Brothers suit and it fits me perfectly. The first time I wore it I found 2 small moth holes in the upper arm near the shoulder. I love the suit so I figure I should get it rewoven. Can you give me an idea how much this would cost? Both holes are about he size of a pinhead but they are close to the shoulder which I understand may make it more expensive.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Larson McCord
Guys, I have a question. I found a navy Brooks Brothers suit and it fits me perfectly. The first time I wore it I found 2 small moth holes in the upper arm near the shoulder. I love the suit so I figure I should get it rewoven. Can you give me an idea how much this would cost? Both holes are about he size of a pinhead but they are close to the shoulder which I understand may make it more expensive.

Fabric Reweavers USA quoted me $60-70 to reweave two small moth holes that were on the back of the shoulder on an Oxxford suit I thrifted a couple months ago.

mat135ta

Reaction score
Found a well-made small bag, made in Florence, Italy. The stitches and hardware looks very high quality to me.

I want to check if you guys agree with me on the following observations:
1. The leather is not real croc or alligator (you can see the reverse side of the leather on the last photo);
2. It is for women, not for men.

100_4056.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mat135ta
Found a well-made small bag, made in Florence, Italy. The stitches and hardware looks very high quality to me.

I want to check if you guys agree with me on the following observations:
1. The leather is not real croc or alligator (you can see the reverse side of the leather on the last photo);
2. It is for women, not for men.

Definitely fake croc.

GentlemanGeorge

Reaction score
The lining in that looks like the Schedoni bag for Pagani I thrifted. Not sure if they are in Florence, and I can't look at their flash website right now, but if it is a Schedoni bag you've got something crocodile or not, men's or women's. I can't see a man toting that around, however, unless there were some tool in it, like a camera or something, so I'd say women's.

mat135ta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GentlemanGeorge
The lining in that looks like the Schedoni bag for Pagani I thrifted. Not sure if they are in Florence, and I can't look at their flash website right now, but if it is a Schedoni bag you've got something crocodile or not, men's or women's.
Wow, that is inspiring... Do you mind sharing some photos of your Schedoni for Pagani bag?

GentlemanGeorge

Reaction score
I'll take some tomorrow. It's an interesting bag, and I haven't quite figured out what it's for, but I was also thinking of ebaying it or passing it along here since I don't really have a use for it right now. If anyone is interested let me know before I throw it in the 'bay.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after a slow period e-baying, had a couple strikes lately. first, a light navy linen jacket that's just labeled "the claymore shop". this is an amazing jacket, nice heavy linen that never seams to wrinkle ... to my uneducated touch, it seems full-canvased, and definitely lots of handwork, including surgeon's cuffs, $35. Also, two PRL "Italy" jackets, one a very light, half-lined linen tweed ($5!), and another navy blue blazer, seems brand new, for $50. the latter i'll probably strip the brass buttons and replace with horn or something more to my taste. any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads