• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are "jetted" pockets like you would find on a tuxedo, NOT patch pockets like you would find on a sport coat. Looks like an orphan to me and an older label one at that. This would be a "triple patch pocket jacket" - See how all the pockets 2 hip and 1 chest look like they are patches sewn on top of the body of the jacket.
Then it looks like Brian will be selling an Orphan for me...

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Acme

Reaction score
I was all set to hit up some thrifts Friday after work, but got a call from the wife indicating I had to change plans and do a hospital trip instead. I picked up a sweet NWT baby!

She's a keeper, so NA!

Congratulations!

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Dropped by Marshalls yesterday. Looks like in addition to the regular flow of Rugby stuff that's coming in, they got some random loose patches from the brand (the various patches they sold on their site over the years).

If anyone is at their local Marshalls and sees any that are just a skull or an R (not the R with wings), get at me.

Nell

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know this is highly unlikely, but if any of you have a tux jacket (or full tux) of any sort between 36-39S please let me know. Desperately need one by Saturday.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big ass shout outs to WES for hooking us up with an ass kicking house warming gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is finding and keeping money & valuables in thrift store clothing a case of fair (or even legal) 'finders keepers' if item was not purchased?

It is absolutely legal to keep stuff you find in pockets of stuff in thrift stores even if you don't buy the item.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pickups from this weekend- Almost new Florsheim Royal Imperial 5 nail V-Cleat....I believe this is shell cordovan too....the model # is not on the AAAC list (kind of hard to read in the photo but 97624), but I found a pair online w/ the same # for shell....leather is in such good condition though made me think they could have been corrected grain, but after finding one online w/ the same model # I think they are shell (also have the green stitching on inside logo).. Can any experts confirm or not? (Where is the capnwes signal when you need it? :D )
How has this escaped everyone's notice? Aside from the Capn's hundred dollar bills, these shoes are the best find, I think, in the past week or even two. Yes, they are shell, and worth as much as those gingham trousers and the money found in them.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How has this escaped everyone's notice? Aside from the Capn's hundred dollar bills, these shoes are the best find, I think, in the past week or even two. Yes, they are shell, and worth as much as those gingham trousers and the money found in them.

Maybe... If they're your size and you need them. Otherwise, the cash is far better.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hey guys,

I know this is highly unlikely, but if any of you have a tux jacket (or full tux) of any sort between 36-39S please let me know. Desperately need one by Saturday.

PM sent.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks,
Next scavenger hunt is for 100 bucks towards your favorite (with some conditions) charity. please consider joining.

"Thrift for charity" is trademarked by me! from this point on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics