The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

How many Kiton suits is "A LOT"?

7 in the last 12 months...5 at once,the other two on other occasions...3 were brand new,2 had missing buttons thats it

2. 83glt

83glt Senior member

7 in the last 12 months...5 at once,the other two on other occasions...3 were brand new,2 had missing buttons thats it
    You picked up 3 new Kiton suits at once? I hope you're not offended if I don't believe you. Where the hell do you live?

3. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

not 3,FIVE...except 2 had missing buttons but still new.in the same batch also 3 cucinelli sweaters and a Brioni suit.this is why i only usually lurk, i feel like a dick bragging.
    im not offended,I DIDNT BELEIEVE IT EITHER.
    since im already sharing,i also found 12 brioni shirts once,all missized but brand new (my size) a RADO watch, and i know where theres a number 5 SUPERMAN but they want a ridiculous amount of money.

4. lynch_king

lynch_king Senior member

the fact that someone out there donated $70,000 worth of suits just amazes me. dude i wish i can find shit that you have.

5. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

i dont think it was an individual,i think a store did,the two were missing buttons because they were ready to be altered for somebody and i guess they changed their mind so they couldnt do anything else with them.my gf used to work for this store and she told me that if you are buying 10 suits at $7 grand each and change ur mind on two they let that shit slide .not gonna mention which one but their tags were still on it.actually the brioni still had a security tag on it,not the paint one,the magnetic ones.took me like 2 days to get that thing off.
    i could mention some other stuff...not as epic as that Kiton day.
    for the record,kiton is over rated in my opinion.let me clarify,its more liek a ferrarri you can only drive it on the weekends.they are very fragile,i kept one for myself and it deteriorated very fast (i noticed the same thing with hermes ties) they just dont last and take a beating as say a Canali.
    in my opinion the tom Ford is a better suit.

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

You picked up 3 new Kiton suits at once? I hope you're not offended if I don't believe you. Where the hell do you live?
    I believe him. Nobody believed Pejsek's finds either, but they really did occur. There are people out there who will donate brand new Kiton suits and NIB John Lobbs that have just collected dust in their closets. Since Pejsek seems to have dropped off the face of the earth, why don't you start posting more, Frenchy? We all need that awe-inspiring find to keep us going. You seem to have some amazing luck. I too am curious, where do you live? You don't have to be specific or answer at all, I'm just curious as to what region (Pacific NW, SW, NE.....).

7. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

I believe him. Nobody believed Pejsek's finds either, but they really did occur. There are people out there who will donate brand new Kiton suits and NIB John Lobbs that have just collected dust in their closets. Since Pejsek seems to have dropped off the face of the earth, why don't you start posting more, Frenchy? We all need that awe-inspiring find to keep us going. You seem to have some amazing luck. I too am curious, where do you live? You don't have to be specific or answer at all, I'm just curious as to what region (Pacific NW, SW, NE.....).

maybe the thrift 'syndicate" had him whacked for talking lol.seriously though.sometimes i cant believe the shit people will part with,didnt somebody just find some signed valuable art couple of days ago?i also personally know of someone who has found a Omega and Rolex,yes they were genuine.as far as my location its waaaaaaaaaaaaay north so dont worry about it.
    anyway,maybe i will post a bit more,i get more excited about items like that chair then clothing though...and lately shoes

8. vinasity

vinasity Senior member

Things have been pretty slow on my end but here are couple of cool things I found. Vintage Florsheim plain toe bluchers shell cordovan size 7D [​IMG] Neat vintage Nikon aviators made in Japan [​IMG] Not pictured also found RLPL yellow flat front linen trousers sz 36 2 funky looking jhane barnes shirts Orange Label Hugo Boss khaki trousers

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Found a vintage gold Dior tie bar, Burberry jacket, and a bunch of ties. All are for trade or sale.
    I have pics and more info on my sale page(link in sig).

10. seanpatrickb

seanpatrickb Senior member

Vinsanity, those florsheims are beautiful, wish they were 9's. Didn't have a chance to get out this week so I snagged a blue oxford by Zegna off ebay for real cheap. Now I see what shape it is in.

11. 83glt

83glt Senior member

^^^Hearing of finds like that depresses me more than inspires me. I haven't had a big score in so long. Only trickles really. I hope by "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy north" you mean like on another planet. Good for you on those finds though.

12. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Ok,
    I guess it was pants day:
    1-NWOT Brioni tan flannel pants, in tan
    1-NWOT Belvest tan worsted wool pants
    1-NWOT Luciano Barbera flannel melange pants (grey brown)
    1-Incotex light brown wool Pants
    2-NWT Incotex Cotton Cashmere corduroys (they were $495.00 at NM!! tags still on them).

They were all from the same dude, a Dude that has donated some serious suits in the past-I am going back later today to see if any SC's or Suits are now processed.
    All the pants are 36 waist, I am happy to sell or trade any of these.

13. otc

otc Senior member

Holy craps....if only the guy was a little slimmer

I need pants (and I have the worst luck/lack any pants-browsing skill)

14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Scored a pair of BRAND NEW Florsheim Imperials, the ones with the sole that looks wood and the little triangle in the heel...

I mean new, I even had that compression pack pop, the one they put in the heel to start the shaping.

15. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Holy craps....if only the guy was a little slimmer

I need pants (and I have the worst luck/lack any pants-browsing skill)

He used to be trimmer, guess he gained weight (CEO's do that)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.