• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, been super jelly of all the thrift haulzzz!

Been busy with this bad boy.

Not thrifted. A brag nevertheless!

Small house but 3 bedrooms and 2 bath. Met the neighbors. Super nice.

Also, this little guy thrifted us.

LOL, she didn't like us as much after her first bath...

Oh dang, I missed this post. Cool beans!

I can tell from the pictures roughly where you are. Nice to have a yard ain't it? I've been busy planting fruits and vegetables in our backyard lately. I'm aiming for 75% edible plants in the yard -I can't do much about the oak tree we have.

ScottW

Reaction score
Is this the "good" Lanvin label?

4 cherries popped: Gucci, Bally, Prada, Pal Zileri

2x BB and a Bert Pulitzer that I guess might be worth trying my luck with?

Talbots (label gets no love but it's a well made tie in a sweet pattern), Boss, Gitman Bros

PRL, BB, Ben Silver (all n/a)

Summer ain't over yet! Couple pairs of patchwork madras shorts.

J Press (awesome and my size so n/a)

Berle. I believe this label was posted earlier in the thread. I guess they are reputable? Made in Mexico but the quality seems quite nice. 36 waist, available.

Also picked up a few pairs of shoes and a handful of suits that I hope to find time to photograph this weekend.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, we have an extra room as well, but it's taken up by piles of stuff I need to process!

One of these days, we South Bay peeps need to get together and raid the thrift shops.
Dude! Hellz yeahz!!!
Great looking new digs! Congrats
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Thanks, brah!
Oh dang, I missed this post. Cool beans!

I can tell from the pictures roughly where you are. Nice to have a yard ain't it? I've been busy planting fruits and vegetables in our backyard lately. I'm aiming for 75% edible plants in the yard -I can't do much about the oak tree we have.
Dude, we are totally gonna plant veggies and fruits in the backyard!!! We are planning to get rid of 1/2 of our back yard lawn to make room for a garden!
Is this the "good" Lanvin label?

4 cherries popped: Gucci, Bally, Prada, Pal Zileri

2x BB and a Bert Pulitzer that I guess might be worth trying my luck with?

Talbots (label gets no love but it's a well made tie in a sweet pattern), Boss, Gitman Bros

PRL, BB, Ben Silver (all n/a)

Summer ain't over yet! Couple pairs of patchwork madras shorts.

J Press (awesome and my size so n/a)

Berle. I believe this label was posted earlier in the thread. I guess they are reputable? Made in Mexico but the quality seems quite nice. 36 waist, available.

Also picked up a few pairs of shoes and a handful of suits that I hope to find time to photograph this weekend.
Yes! Congrats!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, we are totally gonna plant veggies and fruits in the backyard!!! We are planning to get rid of 1/2 of our back yard lawn to make room for a garden!

That's the way to do it! If we weren't renting, I'd tear out the entire backyard to make more room for the good stuff. Grass is boring...

I've planted onions, rhubarb, strawberries, beets, carrots, arugula, tomatoes, corn, lemon, orange, blueberry, blackberry and grapes so far. We're going to be bringing in a late harvest this year, and will have tons of stuff going next year as well!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the way to do it! If we weren't renting, I'd tear out the entire backyard to make more room for the good stuff. Grass is boring...

I've planted onions, rhubarb, strawberries, beets, carrots, arugula, tomatoes, corn, lemon, orange, blueberry, blackberry and grapes so far. We're going to be bringing in a late harvest this year, and will have tons of stuff going next year as well!

Lol, slow down, you hippie! That is a lot of variety! We are just going to plant some tomatoes for now...Actually, we'll just leave the tomatoes in the pots in the sun room for now. We went window shopping for some fruit trees but couldn't decide on which ones so we just ended up buying a cactus...

BTW, remember a few months ago I post a few pics on the antique China I found that belonged to my parents? Well, today I found some more!

^^ My dad just confirmed this incense holder was from The Ming Dynasty...
bounce2.gif

But what do I know about Chinese antiques...
uhoh.gif

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the right Paul Stuart tag to look for?
/quote]

To my knowledge there's no wrong PS tag. The best stuff from them in my experience is the Made in Canada by Samuehlson stuff. (This piece is US union made but still nice).

Don't forget Stuarts Choice is made by Isaia. :teach:

Last edited:

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Either all three of these are shell or none of them. Definitely weight more than average. The brown long wings have white waxiness. The black pair have florsheim branded trees. N/A yet

And any discrepancies with these two? The tie on the left has the "watermark" on the other side of the small blade with the model #. The tie on the right does not and is a different weave than any other I've found but I think I've seen similar ones posted. N/A

Lastly found this monster yesterday. Only thing of its genre at that thrift sadly. I wish it was Irrlicht but I'll take it :alien: :alien: :alien:

Last edited:

ScottW

Reaction score
And any discrepancies with these two? The tie on the left has the "watermark" on the other side of the small blade with the model #. The tie on the right does not and is a different weave than any other I've found but I think I've seen similar ones posted. N/A

The one on the left could be legit but the one on the right is most likely a stripper's tit. The box on the tail of the tie (shown in your pics) as well as the other box with the model number and two letter factory code, should be composed of the exact same colors (or a subset thereof) found on the rest of the tie. The box color on that tie on the right looks off, the proportions look off, and the missing model/factory box is a huge red flag. Have you looked inside the back of the blade for the thread loop?

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Good tips, I looked into it a bit more and I think the "Hermes Paris" being on the keeper confirms it as fake. They are from the same thrift along with a couple recent Zegna, Talbott BOC, Holland & Sherry and Canali ties :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads