1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

2 people like this.
  2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

3. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

get yourself the club card...50% off for club members the day before

2 people like this.
  4. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

I went to it- nada

Plus I hate value village on the weekends, I don't even think they restock.

5. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Several people have found Austrian jackets and questioned how they're worn. Here is an example I took of a guy wearing one. Not particularly well dressed, but I thought you guys might be interested nonetheless.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

:lol:

7. sansimeon

sansimeon Senior member

One stop, one kop.

[​IMG]

SZ EU50

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My size but open for trades.

4 people like this.
  8. troika

troika Senior member

Thanks Hans. I thrifted a Forestiere a while back and have absolutely no idea why people want to wear it.

Is this common and worn as part of every day clothing or seen more as a costume?

9. HansderHund

My pleasure. Here, I will see it often. It's something that's common enough that most people won't give it a second thought. When you get into German cities, it becomes rare to see in a daily life type of situation.

Lederhosen is normally reserved for festivals and other events. You'll also see this type of clothing worn to "traditional" weddings. The bride, groom, and all guests are expected to wear traditional clothing. It's also used for certain clubs.

There are very subtle regional variations within Austria such as styling, colors, hats, etc. However, it's not rare to see. I personally don't wear it, but I don't think too many people would question me if I did.

10. HansderHund

Quickly off-topic as I forgot to mention it over the weekend. We watch the Eurovision song contest every year. It's always filled with terrible acts and pigeon English. We (Austria) rarely get more than a few votes, normally from our border countries. This year, however, was a blast to watch because AUSTRIA WON. This means that we'll be hosting it next year and you had better believe I'm going.

Oh, did I mention that our act was a drag queen from my city that wore a full evening gown...and has a beard? She has a great voice, actually, and I was happy to see her win. There were protests in a few countries that wanted to have her eliminated and/or edit the live show so her act wouldn't be shown. Anyway, it was a fun win for Austria.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    2 people like this.
  11. loveswatching

loveswatching Senior member

They were size 12 E and sorry i just sold them :-(

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. OliT

OliT Senior member

Short story to share:

Picked up a pair of LVC 1954 from the Levi's store in San Francisco when I visited earlier this year. Really like the model from before and decided to do an impulse buy.
    Anyways, got home, and upon putting them on for the first real wear, the pocket ripped. So, I got in touch with Levi's to see about a solution. After fighting with them over shipping charges (as I had to return them to the U.S.) they agreed to actually send me two pairs of jeans as reimbursement for my issues. Got them last week.

While waiting for them though, I've been putting a lot of wear on my Ruell & Rays, as well as the pair of black Tellasons I got from the crapshoot, and this past weekend, while visiting Berlin, I popped in to a great store there (14oz) to try some other fits. As it turns out, the 1954's are no longer my favorites.

I'm thinking that since I now have two BNWT pairs, I should be able to sell them and buy Tellasons or other great stuff with the monehs. Guess the ripped pocket was a good thing, eh?

4 people like this.
  13. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

I hear ya... i feel the same way, I don't even go Mondays either because they don't even get much out by then either.

for the rest of the group, does Savers / Value Village run a club card in the the States? It rarely is of any use; and isn't exclusive, so most frequent shoppers there have one.

14. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

They run a club card, but I've never found a use for it. I think I have two...

15. klay49

klay49 Senior member

It looks like that guy is trying to steal something from that ladies purse

2 people like this.
  16. loveswatching

loveswatching Senior member

Yup - Mondays is 25% off.

17. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Found some cool pants today. Figured someone on here would want em. 39 x 32

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Had a bunch of posts quoted. Amazing looking food, great finds and such. Then I X'ed out of it. :fu:

So I'll just say this. Those food pics made me hungry. Those finds were amazing. Love that MMM shirt and the Homespun henley. Keep the finds commin'.

19. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

Heh! Well, I haven't sat in one for a long time, but they actually feel pretty comfortable. I'll have to try one while on a Call of Duty binge, and see if it wrecks me!

20. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

Glad you like it, but I'm not with you. I do look at ties pretty much every time I thrift, because they're cheap and fairly easily flipped. But I'm often just horrified at the the fact that someone went to the trouble of manufacturing most of them!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.