• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disregard my last post, apparently people came around and gave homie his due props on the dope ass vicuna overcoat.

Ok, this is something I've been wondering about... NWOB/NOS/deadstock Florsheims, i've run across both pair, and each time I think they wanted like $30, neither were shell. What do these normally bring in? I know someone one here mentioned that they were surprisingly valuable at one point, but couldn't find any comps on eBay last time I checked.
Good, made in the USA Florsheims do well, especially V-Cleat ($200+NOS)...some of the newer USA stuff with the rubber heels will still do pretty well.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Disregard my last post, apparently people came around and gave homie his due props on the dope ass vicuna overcoat.

Ok, this is something I've been wondering about... NWOB/NOS/deadstock Florsheims, i've run across both pair, and each time I think they wanted like $30, neither were shell. What do these normally bring in? I know someone one here mentioned that they were surprisingly valuable at one point, but couldn't find any comps on eBay last time I checked.

I sold a pair (bought for $6) for $160 last summer.

Of course, they were size 7 and went to some dude in Japan, so ymmv.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Should be able to more than double if they are a common size and come with v cleats

If you remember that pair I had on AAAC took awhile to move. You were a great cheerleader in telling people to buy them and they were a steal. :slayer:

Steve Kane

Reaction score
I ran into a store yesterday and grabbed these J&M Aristocrafts thinking they were shells, but upon getting them home I am unsure. They have the ripple in the vamp and some of the bumps that shells get, but something about the leather/color doesn't seem as rich as other shells I've thrifted. Also, the top edge and some of the eyelets are cracking. Does corrected grain leather ever ripple instead of micro crease? Can anyone offer some insight?

Jpmorris

Reaction score
E-thrift

Yeah, I don't care if you don't like gator, you know these are FRESSSSSSSH. Have to have been worn fewer than 10x, he accepted my offer of 120, these retail for well over 1K. Per my suspicions the primary skin is a center gator belly, confirmed by Spoo (but i guess that guy can't even authenticate a BB tie, so they're prob not even real skins
rotflmao.gif
).
Other e-thrift was RLPL LS Linen shirt for 18.99 shipped, (not posting a link because i want to ride this seller for all his stupid ass is worth, and ill share eventually).

Jpmorris

Reaction score

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lemme alone brian! Haha, last time I checked I swear I couldn't find a NOS pair... That was well over a month ago, on my phone.... I guess I should've picked up both pair I saw (i had an idea that I should, but im not typically a 30+ pair of shoes to flip type guy.
2 of those that show up in Brian's Ebay search are mine (Pebblegrain 10D's Brown & Black), paid $20 each for those and it took about a month to move them for $217.50/pair...I'm guessing if I would have offered Intl shipping back then, I could have moved them faster. Anyways, anything vintage, NOS from 60's & 70's in a dress shoe with leather sole is worth a gamble to me, even at $30.

div25sec9

Reaction score

E-thrift Yeah, I don't care if you don't like gator, you know these are FRESSSSSSSH. Have to have been worn fewer than 10x, he accepted my offer of 120, these retail for well over 1K. Per my suspicions the primary skin is a center gator belly, confirmed by Spoo (but i guess that guy can't even authenticate a BB tie, so they're prob not even real skins :rotflmao: ). Other e-thrift was RLPL LS Linen shirt for 18.99 shipped, (not posting a link because i want to ride this seller for all his stupid ass is worth, and ill share eventually).
nice shoes; they look unworn! What brand are they?

OliT

Reaction score
Shoutout to Cesarc for the awesome trade. Hope the briefcase works well!

On another note: Me and the girlfriend are in New York for a week more and were planning to look around a little on Saturday. We didn't have much luck in Virginia when we tried there, so I thought I'd ask for some recommendations. We're thinking of heading to LI (picking up car in Hicksville). Anyone? I'll gladly offer proxy help or thrifting tips in Sweden in return.

Last edited:

s_allen_p

Reaction score
Sorry, nothing is available. I can't respond to requests for sizes or measurements.

2-3 weeks of finds.

I'm always looking to buy vintage peacoats, but until recently I've yet to find any old enough, or in good enough condition that I thought they were worthy of picking up. Two days, and two stores later...

1953 Peacoat - Excellent condition. Just a few loose buttons that need to be resewn on.

1962 Peacoat - Near Mint condition.

Tom James "Ventura" cashmere jacket - I know there's discussion on whether or not Oxxford makes for the higher Tom James lines. After going over this jacket, it has to be Oxxford. I first pulled it for the cashmere feel, and with no knowledge of what "Ventura" was, I bought it knowing it had to somehow be Oxxford made based on the buttons and buttonholes. I had a hunch it might be Tom James from that, and a quick google led me to the back and forth discussion on SF. I have yet to compare it to one of the Oxxfords in my closet, but it looks like it may have even more handwork that Oxxfords if anything.

Chester Barrie cashmere jacket

EZ 15milmil15 jacket

Thick as Thieves jacket - A few days after advising Evilabed against buying TaT, I pick one up that he passed on (not the one I advised him to pass on). I actually like them myself and have had two suits made through them, but wasn't sure of the resale value. I thought this was interesting (the 5 cuff buttons was an unfortunate choice) enough to be worth the gamble:

Arc'teryx Sidewinder AR

NWOT Gant Rugger "Hiker" coat

Loro Piana cashmere sweater

Ties - Paul Stuart linen / Brooks Brothers knit

The nicest Polo ties I've come across

s_allen_p

Reaction score

This jacket is so sick. So is that Swervedriver poster.
Thanks. I love it when someone knows who Swervedriver is."Mezcal Head" is my nomination for most under-appreciated album of the 90s. One of the all-time greats in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads