• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol on my phone, dead, kaput .

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So remember a few weeks back I got a deal on this deaf rich guys stuff, I finally started to go thru some of the stuff, this guy had an insane collection of ties, so far I counted 70 Hermes ties another 70 charvet 30 Gucci, 40 t&a 15 sulka some ferragamos brooks brothers purple label then comes the savile row ****, Henry Poole, huntsman, harvie hudson, dege skinner, benson clegg, Chester Barrie, it goes on and on and on plus Paris bespoke and us made bespoke its literally a vintage sartorial wet dream of ties, plus he seemed to like grenadines. On to the squares and scarves got 8 Hermes squares like 10 charvet a few cool charvet Bowties turnbull scarves and squares, arnys, gieves, etc then a swaine adeney umbrella, a zilli crazy print lined trench, Hermes print robe, t&a insane coat as well as a crazy silk lining charvet, a very recent loro piana cashmere lined raincoat, wooden cartier glasses in case insane i still need to research a lot of these names I haven't heard of, but suffice it to say I I don't make PTO on these it's a gross miscarriage of justice. Ill link up pics after I take them
Available?
mwink[1].gif

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost all will be available

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GMMcL - amazing haul! Wow!

Accomplishment Brag/Spam

I just went 400 listings deep on the bay for the first time ever. I'm beat.

Wow! Most I've ever done is 30 and that is pushing it for me. I can't even imagine....

150 packages is seriously like 7-8 hours of solid work to pack and print... no?  (3-4 minutes a package to pack)

I can't even imagine if he hand wrote the addresses like I do. Talk about writer's cramp!

So remember a few weeks back I got a deal on this deaf rich guys stuff, I finally started to go thru some of the stuff, this guy had an insane collection of ties
, so far I counted 70 Hermes ties another 70 charvet 30 Gucci, 40 t&a 15 sulka some ferragamos brooks brothers purple label then comes the savile row ****, Henry Poole, huntsman, harvie hudson, dege skinner, benson clegg, Chester Barrie, it goes on and on and on plus Paris bespoke and us made bespoke its literally a vintage sartorial wet dream of ties, plus he seemed to like grenadines. On to the squares and scarves got 8 Hermes squares like 10 charvet a few cool charvet Bowties turnbull scarves and squares, arnys, gieves, etc then a swaine adeney umbrella, a zilli crazy print lined trench, Hermes print robe, t&a insane coat as well as a crazy silk lining charvet, a very recent loro piana cashmere lined raincoat, wooden cartier glasses in case insane i still need to research a lot of these names I haven't heard of, but suffice it to say I I don't make PTO on these it's a gross miscarriage of justice. Ill link up pics after I take them[

:slayer:

So today was decent. I stopped by a local discount store to see a beautiful pair of wingtips in a glass display case. I thought "Wait a minute, they only usually only put women's Louboutins and Jimmy Choos in these cases. These must be special." I look at them closer and see that they are indeed very special.

Of course I didn't have the $888 to spend on them that they wanted, discounted from the $2,600 retail price. :fu:

Stuff I did get today. Still for the life of me cannot figure out why my pictures are uploading sideways.

MTM T&A shirts. Measures 17 x 34/35

Killer New England Shirtmakers indigo work shirt for myself. :slayer:

Two recent BB Golden Fleece suits. Both 50 R

Gray Pinstripe. Regent model. SIde vented. Flat front pants. Hand tailored in Italy.

Solid navy herringbone. Fitzgerald model. Center vent. Flat front pants. Hand tailored in the USA

Last edited:

jcubzzz

Reaction score
Still dry around my parts so I've been hitting the t-shirt racks. Found this Hank Williams, Jr 1991 tour shirt printed on screen stars.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ben Silver waterfowl and Boggi golfer ties. Both 75% off at consignment and both available.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xposting
Brooks Brothers Madison made in Canada - Samuehlson?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A grail find for me - I love jackets like this. Fits perfectly. Basically NWOT. Dual vent, elbow patches. PRL Italy.

This ain't bad either - fits alright, but headed to eBay. Hopefully this weekend I'll post some stuff I've found over the last few weeks.

Last edited:

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uh oh, this lobb thing is too contagious, I think mine take the cake, just got 2 pairs!!! One brand new the other worn once, guess the models, oh and a cleverley wholecut and other goodies

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A grail find for me - I love jackets like this. Fits perfectly. Basically NWOT.

This ain't bad either - fits alright, but headed to eBay. Hopefully this weekend I'll post some stuff I've found over the last few weeks.

Wow, both gorgeous! What size in the Borrelli?
Uh oh, this lobb thing is too contagious, I think mine take the cake, just got 2 pairs!!! One brand new the other worn once, guess the models, oh and a cleverley wholecut and other goodies

Amazing!
worship.gif

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads