1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

NOS Vintage Sears

[​IMG]

I had read somewhere that Florsheim made the Sears longwings. Is that the case?

2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

I think some were made by Florsheim, some possibly by Hanover. These were made overseas, so in this case...no.

4. evolutionofRW

evolutionofRW Senior member

I spy some J. Crew washed shirts..Those work perfectly for me on casual days in the spring/summer..

2 people like this.
  5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. ridethecliche

Yeah. I really love finding their stuff too!

I'm going to have to do a closet and drawer clean out soon though. I'm totally out of space! I own way too many shirts though so I might have to start a paring down.

Also, I wore a linen blazer I bought last summer. It doesn't fit anymore. Have I seriously grown enough to be up 2 jacket sizes since I started lifting again? Egad this is going to hurt my wallet. I hope I don't outgrew the navy suit I had altered :/

Oh cool. Thanks. I found a different chart on a store and it looks like it's an inch or two different for all their pants. I guess I'm a 30 by that chart, but the thigh and leg opening look really really slim on the one you sent. Hm.

That's a pretty amazing price for their jeans though! I wonder what's wrong with their seconds.

7. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

YUP. They are my fav. Fit well, great patterns and not big deal if they get dirty as they are always so cheap

8. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Its important to find a beater shirt brand that you don't have to worry about shit happening to. Especially during the summer months.

1 person likes this.
  9. evolutionofRW

evolutionofRW Senior member

This. The funny thing is, I only buy them brand new and usually from the J. crew outlet. They are always under $30.00, I like their patterns, and they fit me well. By no means are they anything special but they just work for me in the spring/summer casually. I see them in thrifts all the time and I always pass because they always want like $10 for them. My thinking is, why pay $10 for a used shirt when I can buy them new and choose the patterns I want. It seems like you have bought at least some of those new because I see some current (last summer) patterns in there. Cheers!! [​IMG]

10. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

The one thing I've noted with their sizing is that the Ladbroke Groves are really skinny in the lower legs. I can squeeze my calves in them (mine are size 34, as are my John Mellor Grahams), but just barely. The slim straight of the JGM is a better fit for me.

I'd guess you'd be fine with the other fits. As for the seconds, I can't speak to the quality. Mine are all either firsts or overstock. But yeah, for that price, I don't think you can go wrong. And if they don't fit, you should be able to recoup your costs on Fleabay.

11. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

I'd say Alynn. You realize he's playing with himself, right?

1 person likes this.
  12. ridethecliche

Yeah, it's hard to know this since the sizing is all over the place. I'll mull it over and probably grab something while crossing my fingers that it fits!

13. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Holy crap, he does have his dick in his hand... WTF kind of tie is that? A peeping tom tie?

[​IMG]

14. ridethecliche

15. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Thanks for the heads up. Will be getting my first pair of Tellesons now. The tops were sold out.

16. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Scrolling through my eBay listings, "How the fuck does this tie have 500+ views?" It was featured in the PTO Friday round up and I didn't even notice.

17. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

[​IMG]

From my Saks Blazer. Wtf, did he want them to be silver or is he protecting the buttons.

Buttons say Waterbury Co USA, any info?

18. aglose

aglose Senior member

Could be fresh from the cleaners. My cleaners does the same thing to my buttons. Also, those are the same buttons I have on my BB mainline navy SC.

19. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  20. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

First stop of the day, had eight Edgar Pomeroy suits in my cart, completely handmade / bespoke, working cuffs, ticket pockets, hand-sewn buttonholes...put them back one by one due to bits of damage. Rest of the day sucked as well save for a snakeskin belt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.