• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

^^ so much awesome all up in there, CK.

Thank you, sir.

Forgot to post these. Original Large Advent (not the first set with the metal plate). In need of refoam which I'll be doing. But for $10, can't beat it.

And my size luck continues !!!

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
a little project I worked on yesterday...

my mannequin didn't have a covering for the head and there was a bunch of staples and foam and stuff sticking out and it looked gross
so I cut a piece of wood (we don't have a band saw so I had to use a hand saw it sucked) used a wood burner to put my initials in it then treated it and glued it on, imho I think it looks pretty cool
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I need one of those

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent finds, all available.

PRL Madras, L.

BB Country Club, Cashmere Cotton, L.

Canali spot, loosest weave ever, L.

Eton Lavender, L.

Awesome Vintage flannel, M/L. Considering getting this one worked on.

Club Monaco Linen/Cotton gingham trousers, FF, 31 x 33

Massimo Dutti Cotton Cashmere blend sweater, leather throat latch and elbow patches, L

Ancient but wonderful J Press patch madras blazer, 38-40ish.

Very recent BB cotton blazer, patch pockets, side vents, XXL

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago AMProf and I were messaging and he let me know about some Alden Indy boots at a thrift store I haven't been to. Cut to today and I'm in the area and decide to stop by. Low and behold these beauties are still there.

Sorry, NA for now.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wtf indy's in a thrift?!! Continually blown away by what people just throw away.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are shell so I'm thinking probably. I want to say maybe eazye or Nataku has found a pair of 405s before.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:slayer:

How is that even possible?

are the indys a forum first?!?!

wtf indy's in a thrift?!! Continually blown away by what people just throw away.

Those are shell so I'm thinking probably. I want to say maybe eazye or Nataku has found a pair of 405s before.

I should add that these were not at regular thrift prices. The store knew what they had, but I still got them at over 90% off retail. And, she let me know they've been sitting there for over a month!

Again, thanks to AMProf. I'm working out a way to thank him for the tip.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Two weeks ago AMProf and I were messaging and he let me know about some Alden Indy boots at a thrift store I haven't been to. Cut to today and I'm in the area and decide to stop by. Low and behold these beauties are still there.

How does one know they exist in a thrift and not buy them?

^ I guess that's how, but even still the margin is huge!

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while. It's been slow around here, noticeably so right around the start of summer. I'm guessing that the summer in Florida is the worst time to thrift because there are no snow birds. I have found some decent stuff, though. Here's a little beauty I picked up today (n/a).

Tweed suit, full canvas construction:

Last edited:

sacamore

Reaction score
Visited some of the stores I haven't hit in a year. A few decent finds...

Allen Edmonds Park Avenue - burgundy in my size (9.5D)

Ties.
Hardy Aimes (available), A couple of tweed ties. The middle tweed tie (available) has speckles of color.

Chester Barrie for Barney's. Tagged 43S. Available.

John Weitz blazer(available). I have not measured it yet but marked for Big and Tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads