• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I couldn't believe it. They're such beautiful shoes. Worn, but it great shape, and obviously well cared for by the previous owner. Pics above are after one light application of meltonian delicate cream. I haven't dressed the soles yet or anything, but will probably get to it this weekend. The details (and patina) on these are sick.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
wow - I have a confession to make --- I'd always thought that H. Freeman & Son was the same company as Hickey Freeman....
blush.gif
anybody else? just me?

You werent the only one!

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
oh and yeah i had a pretty good day as well...pm me if interested

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100% silk knit Canali polo/golf shirt like new - $4.99
Victorinox travel shirt like new - $4.99

Left behind a cool Pringle sweater because of a large hole.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkidd41011
I'm learning to be more selective as well. I've had several "finds" that I ended up donating back. Does anyone really need an ugly 4" Robert Talbott ties just because it's Robert Talbott? A couple weeks ago I saw a Pal Zileri. Got really excited because it's the first one I've ever come across. After I looked at it, it had a slight dry cleaner sheen so I left it.
Pal Zileri is a great suit,i own a Brioni and a Isaia and couple of Zileri's.although Zileri isnt near the level of quality,its my fave suit,those suits take a beating.where as i find brionis to be fragile kinda like hermes ties...anybody else find that or am i just crazy...oops i just realized you were talking about a PAL tie,my bad

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Very nice. I found a Schlesinger leather bag like that one last week but passed on it because it was $20.

Same bag Brian, $20.00 not $2.00 - typod the zero
bigstar[1].gif
Why the hell didn't you buy it?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joe Cool
Same bag Brian, $20.00 not $2.00 - typod the zero
bigstar[1].gif
Why the hell didn't you buy it?

eBay flippers don't usually frequent that store (at least when I worked there they didn't) and I had a feeling that someone who would honestly use and enjoy it would snatch it up. Looks like my hunch was correct.
biggrin.gif

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those inquiring, the sizing on the EG's is handwritten as 9 / 9.5 D.

I can say with confidence they fit true to 9.5D, as my own 10D feet can get into them without any fuss but they're a shade too tight across the ball of my foot. Here's a pic of the sizing, maybe someone can tell what last they're on. I'd love to wear these myself (so close) but 90% sure I'll be selling. Feel free to PM w/offers.

BBC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
wow - I have a confession to make --- I'd always thought that H. Freeman & Son was the same company as Hickey Freeman....
blush.gif
anybody else? just me?

Originally Posted by cpmac7
You werent the only one!

I'm guessing you might have thought that because they have similar styling and you only come across older H. Freeman suits/sportcoats. H. Freeman still exists, makes their suits out of Maryland, but is more of a MTM operation now. I haven't seen a RTW H. Freeman suit in a while, but one of the clothiers in my town offers Attolini MTM and H. Freeman MTM. Obviously, H. Freeman is not in the same league with Attolini, but they're solid, middle-of-the road suits at very reasonable prices (more like mid-range Hickey Freeman). If I see them at thrifts in my size, then I buy them because many older ones are full canvas, but again they're not really flippable.

matt22616

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp

I can say with confidence they fit true to 9.5D, as my own 10D feet can get into them without any fuss but they're a shade too tight across the ball of my foot. Here's a pic of the sizing, maybe someone can tell what last they're on.

ffffuuuu.gif
Come on guys, is 11-11.5 really that uncommon. Either its too small or too big, even on B+S. Anyways, great catch Trapp
worship.gif

mike540

Reaction score
A good day:

Now we're talking! More posts like this please(preferably in an 11.5D)!

My finds this week include a nice Armani Le Collezioni double breasted overcoat for $18 and a probably fake Burbbery 100% cashmere scarf for $3.

Almost picked up a totally wild Paul Smith overcoat a couple of days ago but it was a little too out there for me. Peacoat style buttoning but full length and a black, velvety kind of material. A little wear on the back of one sleeve or I would have bought it to pass on here or ebay. Went back to that store tonight and it was gone.

Does anyone bother with Versace stuff? I've been seeing a bit lately but don't really know anything about it. Is it very saleable?

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I can say with confidence they fit true to 9.5D, as my own 10D feet can get into them without any fuss but they're a shade too tight across the ball of my foot. Here's a pic of the sizing, maybe someone can tell what last they're on. I'd love to wear these myself (so close) but 90% sure I'll be selling. Feel free to PM w/offers.

dude,keep them..the money you will blow (probably on shoes inferior to these
smile.gif
bu the shoes you will always enjoy.i have a pair of Lobbs that i literally stare at sometimes,the shoes you got remind me of them.beautifull find.trust me you will regret it,mind you if they were a 12 i would probably try to talk you into selling them to me hehe

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike540
Now we're talking! More posts like this please(preferably in an 11.5D)!

My finds this week include a nice Armani Le Collezioni double breasted overcoat for $18 and a probably fake Burbbery 100% cashmere scarf for $3.

i dont think they make fake cashmere scarfs,although i could be wrong,so you might have the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads