1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

They had a BUNCH. I mean maybe half a rack of 3pc Tom Fords. Some were weird with little metal spike things outlining the lapels and such, but some were normal(ish). I plan on grabbing a few when I go back. It's only 15 minutes away.

I would assume it's only local. The mall is a outlet mall, basically. Sears Outlet, Saks Outlet, etc. Every big store there is an outlet. But I really have no idea on how confined the sales might be. It seems like their clearance rack is always 40% off, and the racks were extremely full at my NMLC

It's also worth noting these were marked down a few times. You can see 4 different tags on them each with the same "compare to" price but with a new lowered price and a red dot meaning 40% off.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

Nataku that PRL is great! I feel like @eazye scooped up a very similar one for himself a year or two ago.

1 person likes this.
  3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Would you buy it sober too?

9 people like this.
  4. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

HAHA that was my first thought as well

5. eazye

eazye Senior member

1 person likes this.
  6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

1 person likes this.
  7. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

[​IMG]
    Bought stuff for myself today that isn't pictured
    Copped this to offset costs very rad and very available

8. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Nah man, this is my kind of crowd:

[​IMG]

That's mighty white chocolate of you.

9. SpooPoker

[VIDEO] [/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  10. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

11. SpooPoker

12. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I would tots keep some myself if they fit around my gut...but like yours, they are S / M...

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Poop....
    But, oh hey Snoogzzzzzzzzzzz
    Tagged Large, measure 51" total.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. joshmick

joshmick Senior member

damn! I just bought one of these based on the fact that I saw you had posted a few of them, apparently they don't move to well on the bay

1 person likes this.
  15. SpooPoker

[​IMG]

16. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Why not just hang on to those for a few months and try again - they are still a bit out of season (POLAR VORTEX) but might do better come May or June?

17. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

Could I chain several of them together to fit a size 39 waist, now that's the question.

1 person likes this.
  18. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I'd say check it out once just for the sake of it...maybe when you happen to be closer by, and on a day when they have an extra percent off store-wide or on whatever you're looking for (the website for your local store should list upcoming extra sales / events). I'd approach it with no expectations, and resolve not to buy something just to justify the drive there and back (because you might end up driving another 3 hours round-trip to return it).
    I've never seen one that was a stand-alone store; always grouped with Saks Off Fifth and other shops - sort of like the typical outlet mall but more indoor mall-like and less outlet-like.

Tom Ford I've never seen at a NMLC, so that's cool - maybe some stores stock brands that others do not... My local had plenty of Etro, Boglioli, Cantarelli, some Brioni, everyday stuff like Lucky Brand, Robt Graham etc. The extra 40% off is a decent deal if it's something you're buying to keep or gift. Clearance racks were full of some good items, but not all of it was on clearance - 2 or 3 times I grabbed something and it turned out it was on the clearance rack by mistake.

The Saks Off Fifth there was mostly stocked with Saks brands and a smattering of others - lot of hanger flipping and picked up only 2 shirts.

Either NMLC or SOF - forget which - gives an extra discount on some items if you give them your email address...but that's tied into the "extra % off" signs on some of the racks...meaning, you buy something off that rack and you only get the extra % off if you give your email address (and you can do the same on subsequent visits - you still get the extra discount even if they already have your email address).

1 person likes this.
  19. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I would ask u to try em on for me, but tbh, a chubby guy in those colors schemes may be a bit too snazzy for me.

1 person likes this.
  20. SpooPoker

I would, but this giant box just showed up today...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.