• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stissius

Reaction score
Holy crap Wes, what a shoe haul.

Awww Yisssss. After not finding anything for ages I found some good stuff today. A separate post to follow once I get some photos done. For now can I get some verification help so I can return if need be? I was under the impression that this was the correct Balmain label, yes? (sorry for sideways pic, but you get the idea)

It seems a bit fishy to me. It's on a sport coat that's made in the USA. I thought that the vast majority was made in France/Italy and things like the jeans were made in Japan. If I recall correctly it was the diffusion line, Pierre Balmain, jackets that were made in USA. So is this just a label switch job or does this seem legit? FWIW it doesn't really seem all that well made. It feels like it's fused, although I can never really tell for sure. I haven't handled any Balmain before, but with the price I assume it would be fully canvassed no?

acosbysweater

Reaction score
My tumblr is a mix of thrifted things and not so thrifted things. Not to mention a lot of stuff I don't have anymore
peepwall[1].gif

Are you on IG? I like your clothing layouts; reminds me of my homies Steadbrook here in Denver. Also, of course, nice finds on the BoO and RRL.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, here you go. Everyone knows this was not "thrifted". But I'm still bragging.

Can someone use the Spoo sign please! Verification please? Trying to figure out how much I can get for these

Spooooooooooooo

Isn't V2 diffusion?
Yip.
It's been dry around my parts lately. Orphan jackets seem to be multiplying, though.
ffffuuuu.gif

Everything available.

Peek-a-boo tie

Can anyone help me identify these shells? There's little to go on.

I don't know what IG stands for so I'm guessing no?
Instamgram

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OliT

Reaction score
Ran across this in the local thrift. No fancy construction or anything, but I was a bit curious about the Ford thing. Any collectability/flipability?

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haven't been able thrift much lately due to the MCAT this sat but here are two highlights:
Good luck on the MCAT. I took mine a few weeks ago and am still waiting on my scores. Stay calm. It's really easy to get freaked out during the test. Also, that Canali Kei is awesome.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My sister just sent me this picture. Anyone know the age of this label? I found on AAAC that this model existed in 1967 but couldn't find much else.

Check out issuu.com. Search for Allen Edmonds. They have all the back issue catalogs. If you can get the four digit model number you can cross reference which years it was made. Should be prior to 1983 with that logo style.

Off the top of my head.
Finally got a chance to take a look at this.

Looks like the "Dickson" was available from 1964-1977
Prior to 1964 the same shoe was available under the model name "Dick"

acosbysweater

Reaction score
I don't know what IG stands for so I'm guessing no?

Ha, I found you. You have exactly 0 posts, 0 followers, 0 followings. But you managed to post a profile photo. Anyway, I think your method of documentation would go over well there.

A quick e-thrift. LVC 501, 501XX, and uber rare N&F Low Tension Weave Selvage blahblah (N/A)

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I started to look through a couple of them last night but then my power went out. Just came back on this morning.

Finally got a chance to take a look at this.

Looks like the "Dickson" was available from 1964-1977
Prior to 1964 the same shoe was available under the model name "Dick"

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha, I found you. You have exactly 0 posts, 0 followers, 0 followings. But you managed to post a profile photo. Anyway, I think your method of documentation would go over well there. A quick e-thrift. LVC 501, 501XX, and uber rare N&F Low Tension Weave Selvage blahblah (N/A)
Damn dude where are you picking this stuff up? I know I know... @damnhotwhiskey

thenewguy

Reaction score
Picked up two Samuelsohn suits off eBay for $45 each. Best part is they may not even need any altering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads