1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

[​IMG]

Hermes ahead!!!

13 people like this.
  3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

FTFY

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I have, but only stuff that was NWT. Hello Patagonia Silkweight Capilene boxers with fish print!

1 person likes this.
  5. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

Fried chicken Battle? wrong thread, but i'll play.
    [​IMG]
    Karaage, or Nihon fried chicken. soaked in soy sauce, crushed and chopped garlic,sesamie oil, ginger,and fresh chopped chilli for 2 hours, then dropped both sides in flour and deep fried in rice oil. - you can hear the crunch, and squeeze the juices. spicy! [​IMG]

Ate with Beer. And wasabi mayonaise.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. gringodaddy

gringodaddy Senior member

You have mental problems. Delusions of grandeur. An over-inflated opinion of yourself. And you dress horribly.

4 people like this.
  7. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

??? Why was I included in that?

1 person likes this.
  8. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Not so fast. I've seen Attolini and Kiton use plastic buttons. I have no idea why. I like a nice taupe button on gray, so I wouldn't swap those out.

WHY IS THAT BOGLIOLI NOT MY SIZE??!!!
    That thing is pure sehchs.

2 people like this.
  9. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

thanks bruddah. i do admit the color itself looks great against the charcoal grey. what threw me off was the plastic-ness and the fact that there was a completely different style of button on the inside of the pants.

10. TJhambone09

TJhambone09 Senior member

Seriously? Can't let sleeping dogs lie after like 18 hours?

I'm in after April 15th. I'm admittedly not exactly motivated to put together my best fits right now when I leave for work at 6am and get home at 10pm. Even to make this asshat shut up. Spending the little time I have with my family at this time of year is a little more important to me than you guys, no offense.

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll Admittedly not the best source, but better than Urban Dictionary. Merriam-Webster and Oxford apparently aren't "ready" for us yet.

In the meantime, can we instead have a poll on who, between 38R, eazye, Fueco, and myself, fit this definition the best?

1 person likes this.
  11. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

I guess you are out. And all talk. - And no, unless you want to bow out gracefully. the challenge is what it is. whatever your excuse.
    you sir, are all internet talk, =a Troll. By your quoted definition. As are a few others. Either post 3 fits or just SHUT THE F#CK UP!!!! Jeeez.........

12. LeafAndArrow

LeafAndArrow Senior member

[​IMG]

Perhaps you should find religion, or a cult? Oo, religious cult. Bingo.

3 people like this.
  13. TJhambone09

Alright I'm done feeding the fire. The majority has already spoken several times, in the two most popular threads on this site, so I think we all know where the majority of users here lie on this topic. Sorry guys, I should have realized earlier that this battle has no end. How about we all try the silent treatment now. No one quote or respond anymore please. Now, back to thrifting!

3 people like this.
  14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I've traded and pm'ed with @TJhambone09 and have to say that he's a stand up gent and not a troll.

Though the guys at the post office yesterday were like "THOSE AREN'T YOUR PANTS" as I was packing his suit.

@eazye has also been pleasant as hell in my one trade interaction with him and I'm hoping for more in the future.

@size 38R , people don't like your fits on here. If you keep this up the people you mentioned and others are also going to start disliking you. You're on your way to the latter mad fast if you keep this up. You're coming off as hella abrasive and it's not honestly starting to bring this community down. Not everyone that disagrees with you is a troll. You've honestly been taking away from this thread a bit with your rants. They have nothing to do with thrifting and everything to do with your annoyance with how people perceive you on here. You're also starting to contradict yourself.

Go breathe in some fresh air man...

Though on the note of challenge fits, I think it'd be cool to have the fits anonymous somehow. I.e. no faces etc. They're all mailed to the person organizing and that person posts them.

5 people like this.
  15. TJhambone09

Thanks RTC. Yeah, could you fit two of you in one pair of pants for me? (GUYS I'M NOT FAT I SWEAR, BIG BONED, BIG BONED)

I have a different challenge idea though that may bring everything we do over here together a little. What about a weekly thrift challenge, where you must have thrifted an item that week, it must be in your size, you plan on keeping it, and you post a pic of you wearing it. Therefore, this would exclude items bought for flipping, but since thrifting is kind of "luck of the draw," is all inclusive. A celebration of the past week's activities if you will, just post who you think ruled the week regarding items for keeps. Someone else work out the details if this sounds interesting.

16. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I do have to say that @size 38R has been really helpful to me in general on here and via PM. I just wish he'd cool it a bit on the threads.

1 person likes this.
  17. tubs

tubs Senior member

The thing that I like about fits in the thrift thread is that it lets everyone know what you wear and look like. That's hard to ascertain skimming pictures of assorted clothing set on the floor, because most of it usually isn't for themselves and is a product of their thrift area- not their actual style preferences. It would be way too much work to browse both fit threads, which are tiresome in themselves at times, just to know what someone's style is.

1 person likes this.
  18. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Yea, it's dope!

19. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I don't normally bother with Helly Hansen... Unless it's a mint polypropylene/merino blend sweater in my size...

[​IMG]

20. Mister Squishy

Mister Squishy Active Member

Visited Nashville last week. Seemed picked over but I did come away with these.

RLX light gray wool.
    [​IMG]

Cucinelli shirt (first for me, finally).
    [​IMG]

Ancient AE Tom Dick & Harry model with old logo in good shape. Late '60s from what I gather.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.