1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJhambone09

TJhambone09 Senior member

My dog thinks he looks good day to day too. Context and surroundings, right?

You are obviously too self absorbed to see what the complaints against you really are. It has nothing to do with what you wear. So, I'll break it down.

In your context and surroundings (Japan), you apparently look good. Based on that god awful website you posted, I believe you. In your context and surroundings, most of us would not look good in your opinion.

The majority of us are from USA, with some Brits and European contributors. In our context and surroundings, most of us look good. This includes the CM majority, Fueco, everyone. In our context and surroundings, you would not look good in our opinion.

STOP TRYING TO IMPOSE YOUR CONTEXT AND SURROUNDINGS ON US! IT'S YOUR ATTITUDE THAT'S THE PROBLEM!

If you get criticism, you explode and tell us that we have no clue what we're talking about and we are just sheep in a herd and don't know "style." Maybe you should just think to yourself, "these guys don't live in Japan, they don't know that I look good over here or why, so obviously they can't give me true constructive criticism. So, I'm just not going to listen to them, keep posting fit pics, and ignoring them since I know what looks good for me!" Also, "I don't live in the USA, so maybe I don't know what 'style' is like there, so I shouldn't try and impose my 'style' on them and offer my own criticism. It's not that they aren't ready for my 'style,' it's that maybe my 'style' doesn't work over there!"

I'll place some blame on the thread contributors as well, they feed your fire. If everyone would just comment on the specifics of the ensemble (fit, quality, colors, etc) and just realize you aren't going to wear a suit or blue/grey (yes I read your rant in WAYWRN last week), and that we aren't going to wear jeans with commando boots and a very formal SC, everyone would be better off.

2. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I'm sorry, but shunning some because they're an asshole does not make one a bigot.

1 person likes this.
  3. Timmah

Timmah Senior member

You know if all of you guys would have just kept scrolling past his "thrift fit" and not decided to go on a vendetta, we wouldn't have 10 pages of arguing.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    6 people like this.
  5. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

The guest room will be available, and i will personally drive you to all the thrifts within a 5 hour radius. With free accomodation, Food, Whiskey, Cubans. And new friends.
    Anything you need, anytime. [​IMG]

Read the underlined part of the above quote. said nothing about 2 years though, just that next year, they (not all) will probably dress like this also. Again,see the above quote. [​IMG]

# / SW&D 2014. [​IMG]

RTC As @Orgetorix said, This thread is not exclusively CM. - note wes' epic snow fit.

6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

7. troika

troika Senior member

That's what's up, you da man.

Also, I know this is par for the course for you lot, but I rarely ever flip or brag. Thanks Spoo!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COVETED-Arn...VrNkvc%2BbRdmm6%2FapA%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

3 people like this.
  8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I was referring to the other places you are so intent to change.

I have no problem seeing your fits here!

1 person likes this.
  9. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

10. concealed

concealed Senior member

wait you can get 2 pairs of flat heads for $132 ?? [​IMG]

11. COtoKS

COtoKS Senior member

I should probably stay out of this, but...are you serious with this shit?

4 people like this.
  12. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Does anyone know how to date these things?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. TJhambone09

TJhambone09 Senior member

You do realize you talk smack about the way we dress and do tell us to dress like you right? You sir, are a bigot, by your own definition. By telling us that we aren't yet "ready" for your "style," that implies that we should be ready at some point; therefore, we should dress like you at some point.

This is a place where like-minded people come to discuss and show off clothes. No one is kicking you out for your clothing choices. But, if you are going to join a place where you have significant differing opinions, expect a debate. This is like joining a track club so you can ride your bike. Are the runners bigots too when they complain that they are getting run over?

People don't like you here because you are by definition a troll. You only seek to stir up fights. That is your life's purpose, at least as it relates to SF. Don't you notice that you are the only one with a differing "style" that actually gets shit? No one messes with Fueco, because he doesn't try to impose his way on us.

Ok, I'm done. Let's just all go to a thrift store and post what we buy, stop critiquing each others' "style" and just critique the measurables, and have some fun. When 38R decides to jump on board with this, no hard feelings. But until then, please go away until you can stop being a fucking asshole.

2 people like this.
  14. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

2 used pairs i could get for around that.
    But i thought he got closer to $400. for which i can get 2 pairs of Iron hearts, or most other jeans sub 23oz.

Also, are the haters done yet?
    And for the last time, i NEVER tell anyone to dress like me. only to accept i will not dress like YOU. Deal with it.

15. concealed

concealed Senior member

What Spoo gets != what the consignee gets

16. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Holy fucking misogynistic asshole god damn idiot <-That's the first words that popped into my head reading that. 38R, go fuck yourself. You were annoying before, but with that comment, you cemented yourself as a true piece of shit in my book.

*Sorry for all the people that have already blocked 38R for having to see his fucking shitty ass comments over and over again.

3 people like this.
  17. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

If Troika only got $132, then he threw in a bit more, he could get one new pair of Ironhearts. or 2 "Thrifted" pairs.

But the difference between dollar figures? well, i only shop on ebay. And can only say it's a sweet gig if you can get it. it's just a lot of work to make money i guess.

18. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

19. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Senior member

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.