• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A buddy just spoke to JAB, apparently they'll be informing everyone that they won't be honoring that price...

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WHY DID I GO TO LUNCH AND EVERYTHING HAPPENED ARGH!

Oh well, at least they aren't honoring the orders, missing out on that would have haunted me for the rest of my days.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WHY DID I GO TO LUNCH AND EVERYTHING HAPPENED ARGH!

Oh well, at least they aren't honoring the orders, missing out on that would have haunted me for the rest of my days.

Hey, how about a little sympathy for us who did get orders in! Maybe we would have proxied one to you but now nooooooooo can do

Garasaki

Reaction score
Yeah bummer I just got my confirmation email too. Seems like an odd price mistake, like why did just that one model of shoe suddenly go to 40 bucks.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh well.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they will just cancel the orders outright instead of "accidentally" charging people. Folks who bought a bunch of pairs could be in trouble (or just have much higher available credit than I do)

But hey, if you want some nearly new Brooks Brothers captoes, size 10D, check out my ebay link... :spam:

Last edited:

thenewguy

Reaction score

Hopefully they will just cancel the orders outright instead of "accidentally" charging people. Folks who bought a bunch of pairs could be in trouble (or just have much higher available credit than I do)

Let's adjust that attitude, soldier! Hopefully they will just process the orders and honor the pricing for those who got their orders placed before the adjustment.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stop being so negative! Hopefully they'll honor the orders that made it in so that they don't have outrage threads stating on Styleforum (idea?) Tumblr, Facebook and twitter that would clog search results. A million little rants about how JAB couldn't take responsibility for their own mistake and instead canceled a thousand #menswear followers orders rather than take a $1 loss on each pair.... could make a ripple.

I know I'll be posting my disappointment if they cancel (maybe with screen caps)

Last edited:

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let's adjust that attitude, soldier! Hopefully they will just process the orders and honor the pricing for those who got their orders placed before the adjustment.

In that case, did anybody happen to order a few extra pairs in size 11E? ;)

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stop being so negative! Hopefully they'll honor the orders that made it in so that they don't have outrage threads stating on Styleforum (idea?) Tumblr, Facebook and twitter that would clog search results. A million little rants about how JAB couldn't take responsibility for their own mistake and instead canceled a thousand #menswear followers orders rather than take a $1 loss on each pair.... could make a ripple.
I know I'll be upset.

I meant to say accidentally charging the higher price. Getting hit for 10 pairs at 335 each would be a nasty surprise.

I really should reread my posts before hitting submit.

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My humble abode for the next couple weeks. Hopefully hitting the thrifts after some yard work later
To tide you over here are some e thrifts that came in the mail right before I left
(Silk knit it from a member it just came that so it is in the picture) expect a whole lot more grenadine most not rep like this one I got a wicked good deal on etsy I should come home to a few nice packages full of them :) the Glenn plaid on the right is Paul Stuart and is raw silk and slubby and sexy and the perfect wedding tie in the perfect width

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I meant to say accidentally charging the higher price. Getting hit for 10 pairs at 335 each would be a nasty surprise.

I really should reread my posts before hitting submit.

Yea that would break my CC max, but I have the confirmations at 39.95 so I don't think they'd be able to do that. It's cancel or honor in my mind and I really hope they honor it. It's one thing to reject new orders when they find the glitch, it's another to void already placed and confirmed orders.

When they honor it (see the optimism?), I got an extra 10D black in case anyone needs a proxy...

thriftydood

Reaction score
In fairness to JAB, at $40 they're likely losing quite a bit more than $1 a pair.

I know I'll be posting my disappointment if they cancel (maybe with screen caps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads