1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

Where does someone begin when attempting to assess the quality of cowboy boots? I tried googling the style number with no luck. Man made materials doesn't tell me much (unless that means not leather, plastic junk?) and I can't seem to locate a brand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. KamoteJoe

KamoteJoe Senior member

I didn't mean to stir up so much excitement and anger! I just got into the raw denim game myself and this has been BY FAR my best haul, if anyone wants a proxy on the warehouses I'll check on the GW when it opens. Let me know via message if you want 'em.

3. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. GHo

GHo Senior member

hey, cherry popped. French Shriner Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Bluchers in 11D. Need a bit of TLC. Available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. eazye

eazye Senior member

Are we still talking about leather jackets? Oh good. I picked this up off of b&s for peanuts. Vintage Schott Perfecto double rider horsehide jacket. :slayer: :slayer:
    [​IMG]
    I also found this vintage Jackie O type pill box hat as an anniversary present for my wife. Made in Italy and fits her perfect!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Two years ago yesterday, my wife and I got married in a tropical paradise.
    [​IMG]
    And today........
    [​IMG]
    :fu: :fu: :fu:

6 people like this.
  6. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

Went to another discount store in the city and found even more Filson stuff. Mostly the same items, but some more sizes. I put some stuff up on eBay and if I can sell I'll buy more and try to flip it as well.

If anyone wants anything of the following PM me:
    Double Tin Hunting Pants Otter Green 32
    Double TIn Pants Tan 32,30
    Double TIn Pants Green 42
    Flannel Lined Pants 36,34,28
    Mackinaw Bibs Green 36
    Mackinaw Bibs Green 36
    Tin Brush Pants Tan 36

Also found a lot of the Green Wool Outfitter jacket again, but it is not as good value as the pants. There is one other store in the city. Might go there tomorrow.

7. runyourchain

runyourchain Senior member

Eazy that jacket is the business

1 person likes this.
  8. tubs

tubs Senior member

Nice! I like my NADs.

9. runyourchain

runyourchain Senior member

10. OliT

OliT Senior member

I really don't want to be a tough guy or anything, but this is what, the fourth time you advertise your flipping scheme with the - essentially - same things? And from what I can tell, not at cost + shipping, but rather with a hefty profit? I'm all for stuff like that, but I don't think this thread needs to be turned into a buy and sell thread. It is what it is, in all its glory.

And, on that note:

Picked up three NWT suits (all same pattern) from swedish Oscar Jacobson yesterday, and a Tiger of Sweden suit today. I recognize them from last year when they were obviously donated from a lokal menswear store, only then the prices were at seven times what they were now.

3 x
    [​IMG]

1 x
    [​IMG]

And while the last one certainly isn't anything to brag with (wool/poly blend) one of the exactly the same model did sell well for me just a couple of days ago.

3 people like this.
  11. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

Sorry if it came off like that. I'm just asking around as I'm new to the buying stuff just for flipping it and I was seeking advice. Those who have contacted me and asked for quotes have gotten a fair price I would say. It actually takes me some time to go to the stores and post offices so cost + shipping and a small surcharge ($20) is what I offered to the people who PM-ed me.

12. OliT

OliT Senior member

That's not a bad deal at all, so that's kind of you. Then, I just think it's the frequency thing, but on the other hand, sometimes other people post the same stuff a few times. Sorry if I sounded harsh.

13. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

hey guys!
    just found an Ermegildo Zegna tuxedo jacket + pants size 52. Great condition

Do you know if it has any resell value on eBay? Or anyone interested by an exchange (I'm a 56L)??

14. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

15. Towers

Towers Senior member

^^Looks legit to me. Are there a lot of fake APCs around?^^

Not cool to ask that here.

1 person likes this.
  16. futuremyth

futuremyth Senior member

Clearly a bootleg. Says so right on the tag! [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  17. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

oops sorry, and I'm not even interested to begin selling stuff on eBay actually. I don't know about other Canadian members here but shipping costs are ridiculous from North of the border so I don't really see how it would be interesting for a European/American dude to buy from us :D

Anyway about the Zegna tux, just wondering if anyone would trade that for SCs. I don't generally wear tux :D

18. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

ebay app i learned the hard way ;)

1 person likes this.
  19. Towers

Towers Senior member

:rimshot:

Take some pictures of it and list it in the trading thread.

20. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

Read the title : "The Official Thrift/discount store bragging thread" There are dedicated threads for selling and asking values.

many can't grasp the concept. but they have been around long enough to get away with it. out of ignorance or arrogance? don't care either way.

this thread always has been, and always will be. - buyng awesome stuff for cheap and keeping it. after bragging about it.

"Flippers" are a whole different species. check the other threads out it you want to flip.

Stuff i'm selling...

Haha,nothing for sale here.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.