• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody recognize this label? I've cross checked it with all the ones I've got in the stable and the small database I've compiled with no luck. I know I've seen it before though.

Isaia

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some authentic Brionis DO have a chain. Just don't burn any, please! 

Might just burn one... haha in the name of clothing science!

:fonz: I'll give you $5 bucks a piece for them.
:happy:

Will everyone please stop telling KenP those ties are fake? He's about to literally burn a wad of money, for godssakes! :rolleyes:

Here are a variety of older Brionis, some thrifted, some not. As you can hopefully see, they're all pretty different.

EDIT -- Actually, all of those were thrifted. BUT I did compare them to some of my family's older ties (who knew!) and found a genuine counterpart to each.

Thanks noob! I'm still iffy for the reason mentioned below.

+1 But fuck it! DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yip, those are the ones I had. I think KP is in doubt because it had the double Brioni printed under the fold. I've never seen it like that either. :puzzled:

Yeah, that's my main cause of concern.

We will see, if no one can definitely chime in by the end of the day, I'll probably sacrifice one of the three for a burn test. Thanks for all your help so far guys!

Anybody recognize this label? I've cross checked it with all the ones I've got in the stable and the small database I've compiled with no luck. I know I've seen it before though.
Older Isaia

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: For real!

A good idea nowadays with smartphones, is to keep a folder with the good maker labels in them. I have about 20 or so photos of the labels and when looks familiar I just bust out my phone to scan the pictures quick. This way you also see them more often and will recognize them without even looking in the future.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

North Face Winter Coat and PRL linen for myself.
I can't get a good look at that North Face, but it may be fake. Anyone else suspicious?
Just read through about 20 pages that I missed while on vacation the last 9 days and getting a strong urge to go out ASAP. Spent time in Wisconsin and Chicago and did very little thrifting but did do this...
Surprise elopement on a foggy morning in Chicago last week!
Congrats!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Isaia made for Paul Stuart? Haven't seen that one yet. Nice find Eazye!
Yip, Isaia makes for Stuart's Choice. Good stuff!

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Might want to not stack those components. Heat build up can be a bitch.
For the uninitiated, If I'm low on space is there a good way to elevate the TT and keep it above the receiver while reducing heat buildup?

Last edited:

Shiny

Reaction score
Congrats, ilikethelights! Welcome to the club!

Weeks’ finds. Nothing earthshattering.

Alara dept store shirt. Really soft and my size so N/A.

Another Descendant of thieves shirt. Same thrift where I found the last one and same size.1 week later.

Dr Martens. Sz 10D. Feels like these are steel toed boots. But not marked as so. Do Docs come in steel toes?

HF for nordies suit. 48R and Med. Grey.

R Tlbtt BOC and G. Armani

This is a discount store selvedge find. Marshalls or TJmaxx. Can’t remember. I think I paid $18 for these.

Guys, if you go out, please pack some rubbers…

Tingleys, that is :bigstar:
N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")