1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior member

Nice! I had to leave behind a copy a couple months ago (unplayable). I had never heard them but like good clothes good albums have their tells. Looked it up later and it's on my want list for sure. I've got all day to thrift tomorrow and I think I'm most excited to dig through records.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. mlodder

mlodder Member

Afternoon gents,

Just wondering if anyone can help me determine (from the photo) whether the Sulka & Celine (from a recent thrift) are fake?

With regards

[​IMG]

3. edwardthefirst

edwardthefirst Senior member

Sulka is real. :) not sure about the Celine.

4. ReubenR

ReubenR Senior member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome! Wes, that 3-patch, 3/2 navy BB sack blazer is still my favorite odd jacket by far and that killer burgundy flannel is the cat's pajamas with some blackwatch plaid trousers. Looking forward to that sweet fair isle getting in, too.

5. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

Thanks! Any idea what the brand is? Now that I know it's denim I'm dying to know if I copped some nice SW&D shit.

6. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

My stuff from today. Paul Stuart glenplaid tie. [​IMG] Random tie that I liked. [​IMG][​IMG] Skeets, including a wearable NWT cashmere blend scarf [​IMG] Inco x3 on the left, Borrelli RLPL on the right. All flat front. [​IMG] BB 1818 dual vent, peak lapel. [​IMG] LBCS/Attolini, Maus and Hoffman (a first for me), Zegna (the only one out of a half dozen plus 2 Canali Super 130s without damage) [​IMG][​IMG] But this is the best. If only Mrs. Spoo golfed and was a size 39 shoe. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    NWOB Boa (prob not real; Spoo pls confirm) golf shoes. I've no idea if they're real snake or not (probably not), but they seemed too cool to pass up. The kilt is only attached to the laces, no the shoes.

5 people like this.
  7. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

^^^ Wow! That is an awesome haul!

Definitely pick it up if you see it, even at a record store. They were from the East Coast if I recall correctly but definitely had a strong West Coast sound, in my opinion. Slightly reminiscent of Jefferson Airplane of that era.

You're right. This has the visual signs of being a great album. Strange band name, brightly dressed hippies on the cover and promising song titles. Couldn't wait to get home to clean it and spin it.

8. borbor

borbor Senior member

jesus, unused metal spikes and all.

that's a sick find.

9. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Not sure they make denim...But that tag screams Paul Stuart to me...

1 person likes this.
  10. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

It's also a weird behaviour to take a picture of one's self and to post it to the Internet, but here we all are... on a site called StyleForum...

And yes, as eazye said there will always be jerks on here who critique anyway. Speaking of which...

Hey, good thing you re-posted all of those pics to really drive home the hilarity of your point.

11. barrelntrigger

ON second thought, this might not be a Paul Stuart shirt...

[​IMG]

12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

@Nataku , just got the stuff you sent.

I guess I'm going to cuddle with the first pair of selvedge jeans I own tonight. They fit better than any pants I've traded on here! Thanks for the extras as well. So excited to have this 'first' for me :)

1 person likes this.
  13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

What'd you end up getting?

14. ridethecliche

I traded nataku something I'd found that he'd wanted for himself and he happened to have a pair of unbranded jeans in my size. I think all my pants are like 2 sizes big in the waist since pants with my waist size always feel weird on me, so I end up with a droopy waist but a good fit everywhere else. These feel great though and will be better when they stretch out a bit.

I'll probably pick up another pair or two over the next little bit as well in addition to the awesome jeans that @size 38R is sending me! So it begins. Damn you guys! :)

Edit: The weirdest thing is that these are sized a 34. Nataku, I know you'd rinsed them but do they fit that small usually?

15. Lirum

Lirum Senior member

Yeah, nor do any PS denim shirts exist in completed from what I could tell. :|

You too? I got a pair of uniqlo selvedge from barrel awhile back and they also fit better than anything else ever on my legs. Need to get another pair of jeans, five days a week is wearing the crotch area down. (been thinking about the denim reweaver you recommended)

1 person likes this.
  16. ridethecliche

I WANT MORE SELVEDGE.

ME WANT SELVEDGE!

(Cue honeycomb montage!)

1 person likes this.
  17. barrelntrigger

[​IMG]

I see you've discovered why this thread is so awesome with its awesome members! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Oh yeah, let the obsession begin.

18. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

[​IMG]

19. barrelntrigger

This is what I have to look forward to...[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  20. barrelntrigger

Has anyone ever hauled Ale et Ange on here?

I would like to cop this shirt of French people doing the nausty...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.