Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsaltzma

tsaltzma Senior member

Did you check the pants section? Sometimes suits get separated, but remain together in the same store.
    Yes, I always check mens & womens. I did manage to find a pair of pants that matched one Oxxford, but none of the others. Actually, a couple of the stores I frequent keep putting mens shoes in the womens section as well.

2. Taken Aback

Taken Aback Senior member

It's worse when it's a chain thrift in a city of others with central warehouse distribution. If you're unlucky a suit can actually be split by a few miles. [​IMG]

Saving the best for last
    Daewoo Convection microwave! $14
    [​IMG]

Those are the best. Enjoy your browned chicken. [​IMG]

I tend to pass over this stuff in thrifts, since even if you can plug it in, it can be hard to know if it's been repaired or refurbished. Clothes and shoes give that away more easily.

3. RebelWithACause

RebelWithACause Senior member

Today

1. Zanella shirt (with blemish), size 16 1/2, does not fit will be up for sale
    2. Jos A Bank Signature collection shirt (with blemish), XL, also up for sale
    3. Fendi made in Italy pants, fits well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Seven thrift stores this morning that yielded two pairs of Oxxford trousers (to be sold) and one pair of BB shorts (red with embroidered lobsters). Things are still slow.

5. 83glt

83glt Senior member

jesus christ are you over it...dont take it so literall,YES they look almost brand new using the "used shoes scale" have you seen some of the shit that people post where they think they are in good condition? i own MANY pairs of shoes mostly cheaneys,and i know what a sole/heel looks like when you wear it more then once or twice...okay 3 times.satisfied?
    I hate it when people just can't admit that they made a bad call with grace.

6. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

I hate it when people just can't admit that they made a bad call with grace.

you know whats even worse..."beating a dead horse"

7. randob300

randob300 Senior member

you know whats even worse..."beating a dead horse"

You can't exactly call it "dead" when you keep firing back. This is forum thread to discuss thrift finds...if you want everyone to heap praise on every find you've made, it's not going to happen; you have to accept that (and if you're wise, learn from the criticism).

The shoes were ridden hard a put away wet, to stay with the equestrian theme. The market will dictate how often potential purchasers think they were worn. Personally, if I posted those for sale, I would not have said 'worn once' like you did because you just don't know; SF'ers are discerning buyers and don't take kindly to BS.

Relax and good luck with the sale.

8. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

You can't exactly call it "dead" when you keep firing back. This is forum thread to discuss thrift finds...if you want everyone to heap praise on every find you've made, it's not going to happen; you have to accept that (and if you're wise, learn from the criticism).

The shoes were ridden hard a put away wet, to stay with the equestrian theme. The market will dictate how often potential purchasers think they were worn. Personally, if I posted those for sale, I would not have said 'worn once' like you did because you just don't know; SF'ers are discerning buyers and don't take kindly to BS.

Relax and good luck with the sale.

i agree,moving on...brand new ROYAL SCEPTRES (made by Cheaney for 2 years then discontinued.)new old stock ,made in england of course.i would post the KITON shoes and shirt i got as well but i think NATAKUS head would explode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. lilmann40

lilmann40 Senior member

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

i would post the KITON shoes and shirt i got as well but i think NATAKUS head would explode

You're too kind. Please don't let your consideration of my well-being keep you from posting such treasures for the rest of SF to see.

11. Swan Song

Swan Song Senior member

A very butter-soft lambskin leather coat, with detachable, zip-in lining in that brown-black bomber jacket color tradition. Front zip and button. Made for Bachrach.

Thigh length to cover my cold tush next winter. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. WRAdvisor

WRAdvisor Senior member

Nothing too big today, just a J Crew NWT dress shirt (2-ply, 100's) and two Brooks Brothers Makers tie that have in perfect condition. Total investment a little over 6 bucks.

13. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Action has been a bit slow. Yesterday I found a Hickey-Freeman dress shirt, an LL Bean OCBD and these three Brooks Brothers ties. Total cost was less than $7.

[​IMG]

14. mystillwater

mystillwater Senior member

love the one on the left. very cool.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

love the one on the left. very cool.

+1 if you are selling it, PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.