• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pity they can't reward hard work with real pay rates

No one's forcing anyone to work at Goodwill or anywhere else. And if you work hard and show promise, you get promoted.

Why do you hate America?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha....I don't know how you can reconcile these two statements, though:

No one else will hire them.

No one's forcing them to work at Goodwill.

Tomato, tomato

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PS I hate 'muhrica right now because I can't Google Appreciation without thinking someone at the NSA is having a good laugh.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one's forcing anyone to work at Goodwill or anywhere else. And if you work hard and show promise, you get promoted.

Why do you hate America?

Dude, I don't know if I agree with that statement...I work hard, and shhhiiiieeeeetttttt, I haven't gotten a promotion since...I don't even remember...

butbut.gif

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

PS I hate 'muhrica right now because I can't Google Appreciation without thinking someone at the NSA is having a good laugh.

:rotflmao:

The morning radio show I listen to does a variety of prank calls. Why they still do it over the whole thing that happened at the hospital in London is beyond me, but they can be creative. Anyway, the other day, they called the American embassy in Vienna. The host explained to the woman that answered that he'd somehow lost all of the pictures from his daughter's wedding and he had heard that they can recover them. The woman was confused and asked what he was talking about. He said that he heard that they have copies of everything and he'd like some help recovering the photos as they were important. He said they were on a thumb drive and asked whether he could send it to the embassy or if he had to send it directly to the US. The woman was furious and just sent him to the automatic voicemail. :happy:

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude, I don't know if I agree with that statement...I work hard, and shhhiiiieeeeetttttt, I haven't gotten a promotion since...I don't even remember...

:butbut:

Find a different job, then. Maybe not easy, but not impossible. Sheesh. Reading some of these comments, we should start calling each other "comrade."

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha....I don't know how you can reconcile these two statements, though:

No one else will hire them.

No one's forcing them to work at Goodwill.

Tomato, tomato

Easy. When it comes to disabled workers, no one else will hire them because they can't accomplish enough in an hour to justify minimum wage. And neither the disabled or able-bodied employees are forced to work at GW or anywhere else--slavery was abolished a long time ago. Finally, how many other employers offer vacation, health insurance and other benefits to unskilled workers?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Find a different job, then. Maybe not easy, but not impossible. Sheesh. Reading some of these comments, we should start calling each other "comrade."

Comrade in thrift!

Comrade in flip!
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Comrade" is a term of address, and identifies addressed peers as equals. so......... why not?
nest.gif

Last edited:

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Guys, it's a lot harder to avoid the posts of people I've blocked when you keep quoting them. Can yall stop? Mmmmk thanks.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(2) Ralph Lauren Purple Label (by St Andrews, yes?). This is an orphan, I think, but it seems like it could be rocked as a SC. Thoughts? Sorry that the pictures suck so much. I might try to take some outside later. 5% cashmere, 95% wool. How would you describe this pattern? Puppytooth with purple overcheck? Also, check out the flapped chest pocket. Is there a term for that?
That's actually a sportcoat. Like Zegna, they specify what the item is (ie: suit or jacket) right on the label. That is a mere jacket, never sold with trousers. Nice find!

timmygoestothez

Reaction score
That's actually a sportcoat. Like Zegna, they specify what the item is (ie: suit or jacket) right on the label. That is a mere jacket, never sold with trousers. Nice find!

That's what I thought when I first looked at the label, but at the bottom of the tag it says that the pants are lined with 100% cotton. That made me think that it must be an orphan. Do you think that's a red herring, though?

staxringold

Reaction score
^It's sexy whatever it is.

Hit Marshall's since there's been chat about them a lot recently. Only had one of the Pantharella 3-packs in my Bigfoot sizes (and I don't really need a set of tan, purple, and purple socks). But I did snag one of those cashmere (ok, 70/30 cashmere/silk) HF's. Will look nice come winter.

And then I come home to my most recent e-thrift! Finally a proper brown tie I could actually see wearing (I've thrifted a few from nice makers, but they're just not my style).

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody found this brand before? Pretty neat Indian and Dutch design duo. Edit: can't seem to upload photos from my phone, the label is Preachoo + Krejberg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads