• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhead

Reaction score

Some of my most comfortable finds are a half to a full size larger than my foot but adjusted to fit using insoles and such. Those stick on heel grips never seem to stay in place for more than a couple of wearings though so the tongue pad is definitely the way to go. :fonz:

This is only for thrift finds, however. Anything bought online or from other members need to be the right size AFAIC. Also, loafers have to fit right or they're a waste of money.

4 pairs of socks always works for me.

I was once told to put on clean socks every day, by the end of the week I couldn't get my shoes over them

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't been able to thrift as much as like so only a couple finds. Both N/A.
Mandala Logo Indian Inspired RG

And this awesome Ralph Lauren Country Blanket Stripe Long Sleeve Camp Shirt. Mad this didn't fit me

Curious to see how much this will go for on eBay. It's got 9 days left and already has a bid at 9.99!

Garasaki

Reaction score

Jowen

Reaction score
Borrelli shirts on Vente-Privee - very nice deals - around $70 per shirt...

Edit - Looks like Concealed got the word out already.

Last edited:

mb0893

Reaction score
Some of my most comfortable finds are a half to a full size larger than my foot but adjusted to fit using insoles and such. Those stick on heel grips never seem to stay in place for more than a couple of wearings though so the tongue pad is definitely the way to go.
fing02[1].gif

This is only for thrift finds, however. Anything bought online or from other members need to be the right size AFAIC. Also, loafers have to fit right or they're a waste of money.
Of course, only for thrift finds. Thanks Dig
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone want for proxy? One very slight run that can (almost) be seen in the third pic.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ken p you will make so much money on that rl country what size is it I might have to bid :)
Also graduation is tonight then I am going to camp for a week so I will be absent for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics