• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So awesome, Nataku. That you can keep and wear some of it makes it even sweeter. Looks like that stuff came straight off the runway. I'd love to know who it came from—musician was my first thought too.

I'd say you're having a pretty great week!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two thoughts:

1) Nataku, damn, son. I don't know what any of that stuff is but you done good.

2) That Yohiji dude cuts some weird stuff.
I've only seen 2 pieces of his stuff and they are all cut kinda baggy. It's kinda shocking to see him design with so many muted colors and create different shapes when everyone else was doing the form fitting look. I once read in an interview he drew inspiration from Japanese kimono shapes to give his clothes energy. I guess that explains it.
Three thoughts:
1) Somebody's getting a 1099 this year.
2) Again, I'm super impressed and very happy for Nat. And I can even see the value in those pieces as art pieces. But... CAN ANYONE ACTUALLY WEAR THOSE? I mean, that overcoat with dreadlocks? Really? Edit: And don't tell me "Goth ninja." Bro, I went to Cal. I know goth AND ninja. Neither one wears anything close to that.
3) DM7 -- you hear that? Your PARTNER is calling you DOG ****. [Aaaaaand discuss.]
I can see myself wearing that HL jacket with the thingy on the cuffs.

Last edited:

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Three thoughts:
1) Somebody's getting a 1099 this year.
2) Again, I'm super impressed and very happy for Nat. And I can even see the value in those pieces as art pieces. But... CAN ANYONE ACTUALLY WEAR THOSE? I mean, that overcoat with dreadlocks? Really? Edit: And don't tell me "Goth ninja." Bro, I went to Cal. I know goth AND ninja. Neither one wears anything close to that.
3) DM7 -- you hear that? Your PARTNER is calling you DOG ****. [Aaaaaand discuss.]

http://www.styleforum.net/t/280641/...and-love-the-looser-fit-yohji-yamamoto-thread

more info on the deisgner and who wears it.

And yes.. people wear his stuff. he runs a multi million dollar business.

it is actually one of the biggest threads on Styleforum.

and boys... If this thread was the Rap game Nakatu just dropped Illmatic.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/t/280641/...and-love-the-looser-fit-yohji-yamamoto-thread

more info on the deisgner and who wears it.

And yes.. people wear his stuff. he runs a multi million dollar business.

it is actually one of the biggest threads on Styleforum.

and boys... If this thread was the Rap game Nakatu just dropped Illmatic.

Wow, thanks for the info! As a new comer to the world of fashion, I've always stuck to the classic men's wear because it's safe. I've always wondered and was curious about the more adventurous side of fashion and design but never had the courage to venture to that side. Thanks again for hooking it up!

Just read this interview which helped me to understand his design philosophy. Good informative stuff.

http://the-talks.com/interviews/yohji-yamamoto/

Also watched this interview.

Last edited:

tonylamer

Reaction score
I want to congratulate Nat, too. Although it's by far the ugliest haul I've ever seen--and although I know circus-folk who wouldn't wear that stuff in their act--it's an amazing find. Probably the best ever on this thread.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I want to congratulate Nat, too. Although it's by far the ugliest haul I've ever seen--and although I know circus-folk who wouldn't wear that stuff in their act--it's an amazing find. Probably the best ever on this thread.

facepalm.gif

What's sillier than ignorant comments like these?
back handed compliments...

Nat won.. just leave it at that fellas...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't had a lot of time to post this week, but I wanted to join the chorus in saying that was an incredible haul, Nat. Not only the one from yesterday, but also all of the Hermés et al that you posted a couple of days ago!

Incredibly fun to see this stuff posted, whether I'd wear/use it or not. Keep it coming! :slayer:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like Tirailleur1 said, there are many guys who could rock that stuff like a baws.

You dudes need to spend some time on WAYWT, or one of the many Yohji threads on the SWD side. There's an entire world of clothing diversity going on out there.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread/95415

I would rock the everloving **** out of some of those pieces. So glad Nat, of all people, scored that stuff. Such an exceptional dude.

Nat, please please please do an epic level SWD thrift fit with some of the pieces that you decide to keep.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Phenomenal. Should we PM you if we want something or are you just going to put it all on Ebay? Will you be giving us a heads up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads