• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow - pretty dead on here. Everyone off getting ready for Memorial Day vacations/get-togethers or something?

Easye and Suited generated some thrift synergy that made it's way up to Minnesota.

Easily broke my record for total spending at a thrift store today. Also, I've never needed boxes over bags for clothing that I've bought from a thrift store. I can now honestly say I know what it feels like to walk in DM7's shoes for a day.

I'll leave you with this as I run these through the dryer to freshen them up and snap photos.

Sick! Anything in a 38R, you know who to call. :slayer:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Progress is being made. Everything is on hangers. Now for photos. The boxes don't really show how much there is. I emptied out this closet in my office before I hung everything up. Needless to say, this guy liked the color black. He also liked a designer named Yohji Yamamoto.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Progress is being made. Everything is on hangers. Now for photos. The boxes don't really show how much there is. I emptied out this closet in my office before I hung everything up. Needless to say, this guy liked the color black. He also liked a designer named Yohji Yamamoto.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

And my one brag N/A
sorry headed to the bay

Size XL in case you HAVE TO HAVE IT
Shoulders 20.5”
Pit to Pit 24.5”
Coat Length (BOC) 30.5”
Coat Waist 22.75”
Sleeve Length 26.75”

Last edited:

John Sullivan

Reaction score
Recent pant thrifts. 4 pr. flat front (Available)

Brooks Brothers "Madison" 32 X 30

Zanella tagged 34, but measure 32 X 28

Incotex 32 X 32

Incotex for EZ 34 X 30

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So in close to 15 years of hitting thrift stores, this is my best haul to date. Seriously. Never seen this much amazing stuff in a thrift store. And this wasn't all of it. I guess there was more earlier this week that went within 15 minutes of it being put out. Not sure what but the workers said it was the same donor's stuff. Anyway, point being all this stuff doesn't deserve to be spoilered. It also took me a lot of time to photograph it and upload them. I know some on here don't care for SW&D stuff but I know a lot who do. So, if you don't like it - please just scroll past. Also, if you want to quote this, please spoiler it. Thank you. :)

To those asking, the Dior pants are all tagged Eu 50. The rest of this stuff measures like a slim to regular 42 R.

Round 2 in progress.....

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's having a hard time handling the narrow lapels and skinny ties of the late 1960s.
lol8[1].gif

Picked up this Yohji Yamaoto, needs a monogram removed. I took a chance, any good?
fing02[1].gif

Wow - pretty dead on here. Everyone off getting ready for Memorial Day vacations/get-togethers or something?

Easye and Suited generated some thrift synergy that made it's way up to Minnesota.

Easily broke my record for total spending at a thrift store today. Also, I've never needed boxes over bags for clothing that I've bought from a thrift store. I can now honestly say I know what it feels like to walk in DM7's shoes for a day.

I'll leave you with this as I run these through the dryer to freshen them up and snap photos.

lurker[1].gif

What's the monogram? Could be an intentional part of the garment. Costume D'Homme is one of Yohji's less adventurous lines, but still good and worth some good dollas if you intend to flip.

Dibs 40-42 R/L.

And I'd like to bring things down a bit by lamenting the loss of a great Toronto institution.

Holt Renfrew Last Call was occasionally a nuisance, often packed to the gills and difficult to navigate. But if you showed up at just the right time, there were some incredible deals to be had. I picked up a Wings + Horns shirt there for $17, a minorly damaged Zegna blazer for $100 (just flipped for $350), Vince chinos for $30, and more.

Two months ago, Holts shuttered the location and prepared to convert it into its new discount retail concept, HR2. The new store opened this week.

Gone is any brand worth even considering (except maybe Naked & Famous jeans for $90 a pop). The store carries exclusively brands like Hugo Boss, Elie Tahari, 7FAM, Michael Kors, and in the shoe section, nothing but Bed|Stu and Andrew Marc.

I'll be pouring a 40 on the curb tonight, and doing a lot more of my shopping online from now on. In the immortal words of Toronto's mayor, the now infamous Rob Ford... "Folks, the deal is dead."
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

So in close to 15 years of hitting thrift stores, this is my best haul to date. Seriously. Never seen this much amazing stuff in a thrift store. And this wasn't all of it. I guess there was more earlier this week that went within 15 minutes of it being put out. Not sure what but the workers said it was the same donor's stuff. Anyway, point being all this stuff doesn't deserve to be spoilered. It also took me a lot of time to photograph it and upload them. I know some on here don't care for SW&D stuff but I know a lot who do. So, if you don't like it - please just scroll past. Also, if you want to quote this, please spoiler it. Thank you.
smile.gif

To those asking, the Dior pants are all tagged Eu 50. The rest of this stuff measures like a slim to regular 42 R.

Round 2 in progress.....
Gaddamn, Nat! Best haul of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nataku

Couldn't be happier that this haul went to you. I rarely post but you're always so
Helpful with everyone on here and your generosity is truly appreciative. Great job!!

Cheers

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm on blackberry or I'd do the "mother of God" meme from supertroopers.
I don't know what half any of that stuff is, but I'm excited that you're excited.

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

And my one brag N/A

Y NOT MAI SIZE!!?? :fu:

Last edited:

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever guys post **** I can't pronounce or have never heard of I know it must be good.

Congrats Nat :slayer:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever guys post **** I can't pronounce or have never heard of I know it must be good.

Congrats Nat
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Ahahahaha!
lol8[1].gif

Nat just made himself at least thousands of monies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads